“Delicious food!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Les 400 Coups is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 4,554 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Nearest Metro: Champ de Mars
Reno, Nevada
“Delicious food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

My husband and I ordered the tasting menu (without wine pairings). Every course was delicious! The portions were small, but appropriate for a tasting menu. At the end of the meal, we felt full, but not overstuffed. It was perfect.

We started out with an amuse-bouche of pea purée. Following this: shrimp with white asparagus cream sauce, halibut, pork two ways (braised and pork belly), the green dessert (apple with yogurt and shaved ice), and finally 2 more desserts (a different one for each of us) of lime panna cotta with mixed fruit and strawberry sorbet and chocolate mousse with pear sorbet. We even got a bonus dessert with our check: two small lemon-almond cookies and two small chocolate covered coffee bites. Of the savory courses, we liked the seafood the best and we both liked the green dessert the best.

Service was a bit slow, but it didn't bother us because we were out for a late romantic dinner and were not in a rush. The servers always completely explained the courses so we knew exactly what we were eating/enjoying. Another bonus is that it was easy to find and a short, easy walk from our hotel.

We would definitely recommend it to anyone staying in Montreal, especially Old Montreal.

Visited June 2013

“Fabulous Food.. Puny portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

First, the good news.. The food, service, presentation, preparation, ingredients are fabulous. The portions, however, are Puny.. A 3 oz portion of Halibut at 30$ is shameful. I'd go back.. but only as a guest.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boca Raton, Florida
“Culinary delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had the tasting menu and it was completely delicious from beginning to end. If I had more time in Montreal I would go again. The deserts were worth it on their own. So good!

Visited June 2013
Seattle, Washington
“complex flavors!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Come here for their Friday lunch. It's inexpensive and you get to try the awesome food! I was stressed out that my flight might get in late and I would miss lunch here....we got there in time thanks to the nice canadia customs! :-)

Service: attentive, friendly. We were greeted by the sommelier,also one of the owners.
I started with the sweetbread: tender, excellent with the tangy yogurt. my friend still raves over her tomato salad.
Dessert was awesome: I had the green dessert: olive oil, yogurt, green apple, cilantro, pistachio, shaved ice....the combination just blew me away.

Definitely excellent value. excellent food. not pretentious at all.
GO! EAT!

Visited May 2013
Oakville, Canada
“Wow food at modest prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is a place for foodies! The portions are small but they are gastronomical delights! Deserts are a real highlight. How they do this for the price is a wonder. The staff works as a team and does a great job explaining what the delights on the plate are and meeting any needs you have relating the dinning experience. Our primary server Mathieu did a great job making us feel at home here.

Visited May 2013