“Definetely the best Italian restaurant in town.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: 10 minute walk from Delta Hotel in Downtown Montreal
Naples, Italy
“Definetely the best Italian restaurant in town.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

What's better, after a long day out, than an authentic Italian style restaurant. This is maybe the only one all over Eastern Canada...Nothing is better than a spaghetti al pomodoro cooked like only the Italians can do, with fresh tomato sauce and fresh basil leaves upon it? Nothing can restore you better than a granny-style plate of gnocchi or tagliatelle al ragout, exactly the ones you use to have for your Sunday lunch in Italy. Believe me, no melting pot, here, no compromises: Italian and good!!!!Desserts also deserve to be mentioned, such as the chocolate souffle or the tiramisu, but especially the Cannoli. Try it and you won't regret!!!Not cheap but worth! Medium price for 4 people, (4 primi piatti and 4 desserts, water, no wine) 160.97 $. Maybe the only thing I didn't like was the air conditioning which was too cold!!!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Calgary, Canada
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We chose to dine at Quattro while in Montreal for a conference after we had read so many positive reviews on TripAdvisor. The whole experience did not disappoint! We had a wonderful meal (mine was a special pasta, recommended by the owner), in a friendly intimate setting. Truly fantastic! The owner shared stories and photos of his own family with us as we enjoyed our time at the restaurant. I would recommend a reservation as the seating capacity is small and intimate. Definitely a must do when in downtown Montreal!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago
“Quattro is the BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

A local boutique owner suggested Quattro when we asked her where we should go to eat. She said Quattro was her favorite restaurant and boy was she right- it is now my favorite restaurant in Montreal hands down.

I don't know what was better: the food or the service. The food is serious authentic Italian. My husband had the grilled octopus and I had the gnocchi. I haven't had such good pasta since I was back in Napoli, which isn't surprising since both restaurant owners hail from southern Italy. We were there for lunch as it was our last meal before we headed to the airport- my only regret is that we didn't find this gem sooner. I would have loved to had dinner and drinks there.

The owners, Nino and Franco, are what make Quattro a top notch restaurant. Even though it was our first time there, they made us feel welcome and comfortable from the minute we walked in the door. They treated us like old friends and not just tourists- which is so nice when traveling to a new city. You can tell that Nino and Franco love their jobs and genuinely want their guests to enjoy their time there.

Make it a point to eat at Quattro when you are in Montreal; you won't be sorry!

p.s. Nino & Franco: Sto avendo 'a craving per la vostra gnocchi, cosi stiamo cercando trovare una scusa per tornare a Montreal con gli amici. Spero che voi e le vostre famiglie stanno facendo bene. Ci vediamo presto. Lucia & Michael

Boston, Ma
“Gracious and warm service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Six of us ate at Quattro last Saturday night. I made a reservation in advance based on TripAdvisor reviews. I agree that the owner and our waitress could not have been more welcoming and friendly. I would say the food is very good, but not outstanding. I order the gnocchi based again on previous reviews. While the gnocchi were light and delicate, they were served in a heavy red sauce, that, though tasty was overwhelming for the gnocchi and there was just too much of it. Others enjoyed the pappardelle with prosciutto which had a more delicate cream sauce. The shrimp was delicious, the veal Milanese a bit dry. Nice wine; excellent Martini. Reasonably priced.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Quattro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

From the moment we arrived, my wife and I knew that Quattro was a choice we would remember forever. The greeting from who we later discovered was the owner, Niño, was warm and inviting as he showed us to our table as if we frequent guests. Our waitress Marielle showed the perfect amount of attention while allowing us to have a long overdue night out together.
We love to share our food so with two appetizers of caesar (authentic) and grilled calamari along with homemade pappardelle and the best veal chop ever created, all our cravings were satisfied.
The only problem we now have is that we want to return tonight but with only two nights in old Montreal another restaurant has to be found with equal food and service and I'm not liking our odds.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere