“Good food and great owner” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: 10 minute walk from Delta Hotel in Downtown Montreal
hmb50
“Good food and great owner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The food is very good. We had a bigger lunch so we shared items including the risotto. All of it was excellent. The owner walked around the restaurant and was very friendly.

Visited August 2013

Portland, Oregon, USA
“This is like eating at home - if you have Italian brothers or uncles to cook for you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Quattro is an excellent restaurant in a city filled with wonderful options. I have read some of the reviews that comment on price, and all I can say is Montreal is an expensive city - think prices in New York or Boston and you will understand what you will find. But, that said, this restaurant is a combination of your family's very friendly dining room, and the ability to eat whatever you want whenever you want.
My favorite appetizer is the grilled calamari, followed by the grilled octopus as my second choice. Both of these appetizers have fresh grilled seafood as the star! My husband always orders the caprese salad. My suggestion is order either the calamari or the octopus, and a caprese salad and share!
For main course, the veal chop is just amazing. In August we had the halibut and it was outstanding. The chef made the halibut two different ways - one gluten free. I have to say the last time I had halibut that good it was just off the boat in Seward, Alaska.
The pastas are always good - and they happily make adjustments for you. Guess what gluten free folks - they have the best gluten free pasta I have ever had. And, they prepare it well.
The lemon sorbetto and berries is a very refreshing cap to your meal. They also will give you a gluten free cannoli in that you may order the fresh filling for the cannoli with fresh berries. Just great.
So, please enjoy this restaurant. Take your time. Relax. Everything other reviewers say about the owners and how friendly they are is absolutely true.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Warm and Welcoming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at Quattro, and we thoroughly enjoyed the evening. We shared three courses, all of which we ample in size. We started with a beet and goat cheese salad. Delicious. Next we shared the grilled Octopus. It was very well done. Not at all rubbery like Octopus can be. For our entree, we had the risotto with porcini mushrooms. Really well prepared with the texture of the risotto being just right. And for desert we shared a fabulous chocolate moose.

But what made the evening stand out was the owner who came by to visit our table, and who was friendly and engaging. The couple sitting next to us was visiting Montreal to celebrate their 50th anniversary, and he surprised them with a big desert tray and a huge sparkler. He is a genuinely good guy, and it makes his restaurant stand out.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newtown, Connecticut, United States
“Great Atmosphere, Overpriced Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

**TOURIST TRAP** This restaurant has an excellent look, friendly employees, but the food is low quality for a ridiculous price. My girlfriend and I are foodies and we were looking for a good tasting meal and we figured because of the higher prices and good reviews that we would receive delicious food. We were wrong. We had a very mediocre meal that I could have gotten at any third rate italian restaurant. The most puzzling part was the total at the bottom of the bill once we were finished. We had purchased: a half bottle of wine (roughly $15), a salad to share, and 2 plates of pasta. An extremely modest meal that cost just about $103. To sum it all up there are plenty of restaurants in Montreal that have better food for less; don't eat here.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Abilene, Texas, United States
“On our honeymoon in 2011”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were in Montreal for our honeymoon in 2011. We ended up walking al day and only eating one meal a day. They were very nice and one of the owners came over and chatted with us about where we were from. Would go again!!

• Visited November 2012