“Wonderful Dining Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: 10 minute walk from Delta Hotel in Downtown Montreal
“Wonderful Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

My sister and I are in Montreal for the weekend staying centrally located around Little Italy, the Old Port, and the Village. Montreal is a beautiful city! We came for food, wine, and art. Friday night's diner at Quattro tops the chart for food, wine, service, and atmosphere. As soon we entered we were warmly greeted and felt like we were being welcomed and seated in a home, not a place of business. Our waitress was amazing. She recommend a wine midway between our wine tastes and was right one with her selection and description of the body and varying flavours in the wine. Our meals were to die for. We shared grilled calamari (don't order this if you have a salt reduced diet), I had the Cornish hen and my sister had the veal scallopini. I don't know what to say other than OMG - flavour, texture, taste - out of this world. Nino, thank you for our dining experience and the great care you showed us and all your customers. We enjoyed your little visits to our table. We enjoyed getting to know you. We thank you for the sambucca ;) and my only regret is that we didn't give you a hug when we were leaving. Although liquid coffee is not to our taste, the expresso more than made up for it!

90% Recommend
Festus, MO
“Sooooooo gooooood!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Spectacular pasta at quattro in Montreal. Delicate Pappardelle noodles, FRESH mozzarella. The owners and family were friendly and attentive. Knew about our Itailian region " The Hill" in St Louis. It was like we were at a friend's home.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Budapest, Hungary
“Superb Italian experience - real gluten free friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We have been at Ristorante Quattro three times during our 5-day stay in Montreal. One other day was Sunday, when they are closed (completely understandable for family reasons but pretty much regrettable for us, poor tourists :-) ), the another day was the very first one when we simply have not known the place yet. I guess this says everything about the level of satisfaction :-)
The Italian food is superb (or marvelous or perfect - pick your choice of the word, each matches), the wines they offer are perhaps even better. My personal favourite dish was the pappardelle and the favourite wine was the one made of negro amaro (an Italian red one from Puglia) but the Ceasar salad, the calamari, the polipo and the pasta with frutti di mare are all in very close competiton, not to mention the soufflé di cioccolato and the créme brulée... (I would also recommend a white French wine we tasted, the name starts with B, unfortunately I have forgotten the rest and could not find their wine list over the Internet while writing my review...) Besides the pastas their veal scaloppini is also quite worth a try.
The service was basically spotless by my measure, the staff is undoubtedly very friendly and helpful.
For those whom this is important: they REALLY are gluten free friendly (i.e. this is not just a marketing stuff), the entire staff is well aware of the principles and they can offer almost all dishes and desserts in gluten free version. So all those who are suffering of this problem could have a very wide choice here.
Nino, the owner, has some really nice personality - a true Italian, very friendly, my impression was he would do everything in his capacity for the satisfaction of his guests.
The restaurant is in Old Montreal, just few steps from the famous Basilique Notre Dame. The lookout and atmosphere of the place was really nice for me, especially for dinners, when they were quite full - the presence and chatting of others was not disturbing at all but resulted in a very happy and nice atmosphere. It gives a just-fine background, however, you can easily focus on your partner and do not need to speak loudly to be understandable.
About the prices - if you are looking for something cheap, forget the place. If you could afford about 200 CADs (incl. taxes) for a complete very tasty three-course meal for two with a bottle of really very nice wine and you are looking for some place that is worth every of your cents, this is definitely a place worth to try.
I guess, after all the above no one could be surprised that I definitely recommend this place.
If you read this, Nino, thank you and the staff very much again for the experience, I will definitely return next time being in Montreal.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hong Kong, China
“Great Owner and Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The owner is great who chats with every customer and makes the atmosphere very friendly. To have Italian food is better. I have soup, pasta and tiramisu. The appetizer is free and is good. The pumpkin like soup (recommended by the owner) is nice, creamy. The seafood pasta is very good, al dante and has complicated seafood taste (the owner says it's boiled with different seafoods). But the tiramisu is disappointed that was soaked with too much wine (too wet). This meal costs CAD60, a bit expensive. If you go to Montreal and visit the most go place - Notre Dame Basilica, this restaurant is near (just 3 minute walk) and worth to try.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Beat italian resturant ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Couldn't find such tasty and well prepared iralian meal not even in Italy! Definitely a must if you are a pasta lover, believe it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere