“Best coffee in Montreal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Espace Cafe & Espresso Bar

Espace Cafe & Espresso Bar
210 Notre Dame West, Montreal, Quebec H2Y 1T3, Canada (Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal))
+1 514-284-8998
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 4,419 Restaurants in Montreal
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Sandwiches
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Description: Popular Espresso Bar, freshly baked croissants, viennoiseries and Breakfast egg sandwiches. Specialty coffees all day with a great selection of Panini and salad combos for lunch.
London
“Best coffee in Montreal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at a nearby 5* hotel but took breakfast here every morning. Easily the best coffee in Montreal; proper espresso and capuccino, not the usual american style brew muddy water stuff. Pastries are good too.

Visited February 2013

“One of those places you always remember!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

The decor of the coffee bar itself is fairly common. However the staff livens the place up and makes the place feel warm and welcomes you into the place like you are an old friend. I wanted to try local Quebec maple syrup and the owner went out of his way to make it happen! The croissants were flaky like the ones you get in Paris. All of us enjoyed the food and time spent before our departure back to the states. When I left I felt like I left an old friend!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Concord, New Hampshire
“Great food, great service, great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The owner is very friendly...makes even us tourists feel very welcome. Food is delicious and well priced. Highly recommend it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
East Hampton
“Great lunch and value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and i arrived in Montreal just in time for lunch. We had lanned to go here for lunch on our irst day in Montreal based on the reviews. We were not disappointed. We are greeted with huge smiles from he staff and owner. My wife ordered a chicken pesto sandwhich and i ordered the proscutto with cheese. The bread is what makes these sandwiches so good. I finished with a capuccino which was also excellent. A must stop for a great lunch at a great price. I will return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hong Kong, China
“A haven amongst tourist traps”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Good, reasonably priced food. Great service. I picked it because it looked more like a place that served local office workers rather than tourists. Had a great caffe macchiato, asked for no foam (why do the Quebecois put foam on their macchiatos?) and the delivered. I had a second I liked the first so much.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere