“The staff are rude and the wifi does not work” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Montreal Downtown

You added Days Inn Montreal Downtown to your Saves list
Days Inn Montreal Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   215 Rene Levesque Boulevard | East Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H2X 1N7, Canada (Ville-Marie)   |
Ranked #81 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Melbourne, Australia
“The staff are rude and the wifi does not work”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

While the rooms are quite nice and clean compared to a lot of other Days Inns I've stayed in, unfortunately the rude reception staff (the females mostly) detract from the experience with their aloof manner and total lack of greeting and inability to smile.

The wifi also didn't work properly but of course there was "nothing they could do about it". It was just TOO BAD!!!

Also, the parking cost $23 a day which we were not informed of upon checking in and registering our vehicle - so we got a nasty shock receiving the bill at the end. I've never stayed in a Days Inn that charges for parking until this one, and they don't even bother to make it clear when you arrive.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
, Front Desk Supervisor at Days Inn Montreal Downtown, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear Ross_L63,

As a person working in customer relations, let me first tell you that I understand how it is frustrating to be received in such manner. Please rest assured that this is a isolated case and it does not reflect in how we treat our guests. We do appologize that it happened to you and we will address this issue accordingly.

As each property is a franchise and we are located in a area with limited parking spaces, different properties may charge for parking depending on their locations.

I want to thank you for taking your time for writing your review and for your understanding.

Please accept our kind regards,

DaysMontreal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Long Beach CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

The Days Inn was the cheapest place we could find close to the Place D'Arts. The hotel staff are all very nice and friendly, however, the elevators and halls have an odd smell and are not very clean. The room we stayed in was surprisingly clean, which was not expected as we walked down the very dark, seedy hallway. The air conditioner is the old kind that is a blower- a bit noisy. There is a restaurant in the lobby that serves very acceptable food for a reasonable price. The neighborhood it is in is a bit dicey in areas, but we felt safe walking home from the Place D'Arts at 11:30pm. One street over seemed to have lots of homeless men hanging around during the day, and we were approached several times by people wanting money and/or alchohol. Parking is $19 per day plus tax, but that seems to be about average for Montreal. If you are on a budget, stay here. If you can spend a few extra $$, stay somewhere nicer and in a better part of town.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Front Desk Supervisor at Days Inn Montreal Downtown, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Hi photoggirl1000,

Thanks for taking a few moments to write us a review. We are proud of our housekeeping staff to be able to welcome you with a clean room. We work our best to be able to offer our guests the best value for their money.

Thank you again!
South London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here last week for 6 nights and have no major complaints. If anything I left with a better impression than I expected. First things first, it is dated and in need of a spruce up but for the money it's fine. I had a queen suite on the 7th of 8 floors. The room was a very good size with sliding doors to section off the bedroom from the living room area if needed. Probably the biggest compliment I could give is that the bed was one of the comfiest I have ever slept on. The room and the hotel generally is pretty dark and in need of some extra lighting especially in the rooms. There are no main lights in the room and it's all lamps which do not cast that much light. The maid service was hit and miss. Beds always made and towels exchanged but that was pretty much it. I would also suggest not to leave sweets out as one of the maids swiped half a dozen of my maoams that I left on the side! Needless to say don't leave anything more valuable lying around! Staff on the whole were friendly and helpful although as with all hotels this is never true with all staff. The adjoining restaurant was also fairly good and good value. The hotel itself is fairly well located. Only a few minutes walk from Chinatown and Old Montreal in one direction and rue st Catherine and downtown in the other. One tip I would give though is that when heading up to rue st Catherine or certainly when coming back at night I would cut up/down on rue st urbain as the part of rue st Catherine that runs upto and behind the hotel is nothing short of dodgy and downright seedy. I walked along there once at night and once during the day and did not feel happy on either occasion. That should not put you off using the hotel though as it can be avoided. All in all it was a good stay and as long as you don't go expecting the Waldorf you shouldn't be too disappointed.

• Stayed May 2012
DaysMontreal, Front Desk Supervisor at Days Inn Montreal Downtown, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Hi nezza28,

Thank you for taking some time out of your schedule for writing us a review. I am glad to hear that the beds were comfortable. We couldn't agree with you more about the dim lighting in the hallway. We have plans for renovations this year and we are looking forward in changing the lighting decor in the hallways. I find it surprising that a staff took some of your Maoams without your permission. Thank you for bringing it to my attention, we will bring this our employees awareness that this is unacceptable.
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I booked in advance & paid about $70 per night. Most other hotels in the area seemed to be $100+ so I was happy with that price. Location is very good, about a 10min walk to Old Montreal & maybe 15mins to shopping areas, about 5mins to the subway. Bus stop right in front if you`re not a fan of walking. There is also a police station nearby (our room looked out over the parking lot filled with police cars) so I had no worries about safety.

Room was clean & nice, maybe a bit outdated but doesn`t bother me. We were on the top floor & had a nice view of downtown. Beds were very very comfortable! Wifi works well but is a little slow.

My only complaint is about the restaurant in the hotel. Food was average & a bit over priced. Staff were nice but very forgetful (forgot to bring us cutlery & part of our order).

Overall a good deal & I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

The hotel is not central to downtown it is about a 10$ cab ride from the hotel. If you use transit then I would say this hotel is a good bang for your buck otherwise it would be worth spending a little bit more money and staying closer to the core. The hotel has a weird smell when you walk into the lobby which I couldn't stand but thank god the room didn't smell like it. The rooms and the hotel is out-dated and the building does not look like the picture indicated above.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Hello Pandybahlu,

Thank you for your review. The smell was possibly from the tanks for the grease trap of the restaurant as we empty it routinely. We know it smells bad and we do apologize. Thank you
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

No complaints with the room, clean and tidy, had all I expected and more. The front desk staff were excellent and always willing to help. The WiFi was a bit slow, but hey it was free.
The breakfasts we had we of an excellent standard and kept us going for the day.
We only had one evening meal there and it was bad. My chicken starter was still frozen in the middle and was told it was no problem, why are you complaining, they grudginlgy agreed not to charge for it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Deucalion,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Sorry about the evening meal. We will see to it that it doesn't happen again.
Quebec City, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

The hotel itself is OK, nothing extra. The internet service is VERY slow...almost and probably not high speed.
The staff is, however, everything but standard. The desk clerk was very helpful and eager to help and/or service us.
Cleanliness is OK, but there is that smell you can detect in mid-class hotels and suites. But, other than that, it was a good bang for our buck.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Montreal Downtown? Share your experiences!