“Most unpleasant hotel stay in years...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Montreal Airport

You added Days Inn Montreal Airport to your Saves list
Days Inn Montreal Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4545 boul de la Cote-Vertu | Hwy 40 & Montee De Liesse, Montreal, Quebec H4S 1C8, Canada   |
Ranked #76 of 162 Hotels in Montreal
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Most unpleasant hotel stay in years...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We were given this hotel through Hotwire. Usually I am quite happy with the hotels Hotwire awards, but this was an exception.

1) Room had a strong damp musty odour that was impossible to get rid off. Windows do not open, so it was impossible to freshen the room up. I called the front-desk and they said the other rooms were the same, so there was no point in moving us. They said that there were issues with the air circulation and smell in rooms ever since the owner screwed all of the windows closed.

2) Pipes make banging noises, and if someone is having a shower in a room close to your you are pretty much guaranteed to get woken up.

3) The cleaning staff walked in on us at 8:30 AM in the morning without knocking. Apparently they thought we had checked out.

4) There was some kind of bulge sticking out of the lower wall from the bathroom. Not sure what caused this.

I have stayed in a number of Days Inn's and this is by far the worst that I have stayed at. If I had to say something positivie, it is the front-desk staff were nice, and the room was renovated. Recommend to stay away from this one...

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We booked 2 rooms in Sep 2009 our room was good but the other room was smelling of smoke & our friends couldn't sleep though we said that we wanted non-smoking rooms. Otherwise everything was OK.

Room Tip: OK for the price
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
super815530, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear Custumer,

Thank you for your review. Since the month of May 2012 our hotel is completely non smoking. I just notice that you review come from your stay in 2009. We do appreciate your remarks and hope to welcome you back soon.

my best regards,

Augusta, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I come to Montreal a few times a year on vacation because I love the city. I have stayed at many hotels all around the area, and this was my first time staying at the Days Inn in St. Laurent. The location of the hotel is good, but if you are a nervous driver, note that the hotel is positioned on a service road. People tend to take those service roads a bit fast. The hotel is quite large, and there is adequate parking (I'm guessing most of the time).

The good: The location of the hotel, as I mentioned, is decent and close to downtown Montreal as well as the airport. It is very close to shopping and there are loads of restaurants to choose from. The Baton Rouge is one of my favorites, and there are a couple of them close by. The coverage of the WiFi in the hotel is excellent; you will notice a WiFi access point (or hotspot) near most rooms. The hotel has a restaurant as well, and their food is pretty good. They do not offer a continental breakfast. The room I stayed in was clean and roomy, and they do have flat screen TVs that allow for HDMI and composite connections.

The bad: Maybe this was just my experience but... I booked this hotel through Priceline, and usually I never have a problem. The reservation I made was a pay-in-advance reservation. I would suggest not doing this unless the price of the hotel is phenomenal, because I had to leave the hotel early, and I was not reimbursed by either Priceline or the hotel.

The hotel was in the process of working on the roof. The first hotel staff member I spoke to put me in a room that was opposite the main parking area. Because the work was getting started, they mentioned the parking would not be available near the hotel. I was ok with that, but I wanted to be able to see my car from the hotel room. They said I could park on the other side of the hotel, and that's what I did. The next morning I got in my car and noticed that the area I was parked in was taped around as if that whole side of the hotel was off limits. I mentioned this to a second staff member; she told me they are doing the renovations, and I would have to park on another side of the building where I couldn't see my car. I was not happy about that, obviously. They made no offer to move me to the side where the parking was, and to top it all off, the renovations started right over my room. They started around 7AM (did I mention this was a vacation???). So, I had to leave and paid for two nights I didn't stay.

Also, they do not offer free local calls. They told me that this was a policy of Days Inn. When I called the corporate office, they told me they had no such policy. I know times are tough, but don't lie to me.

I have nothing against Days Inn; I have stayed at a few of them and have been totally satisfied with my stay. But I would be careful staying here. In fact, I don't recommend staying here until they change some of their policies and work with the people who pay to stay there.

Room Tip: Good rooms are as good as the hotel you stay in. The room I stayed in was a good room, but I ended u...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
super815530, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Dear Custumer,

Thank you for your review. We do appreciate your comment in regards that the room was clean and the good wifi internet. It is sure that when we booked in prepaid room the rate is lower but do not allow to modify your stay. We obligate you to park your car to the other site of the hotel because of the renovation of the roof and we did not want to damage your car. We should have change you the site of your room that you can look at your car. I think it was a misunderstanding because I feel that the employee did not unterstand your request.

We would appreciate if you can call us and make arrangement for your next stay with us. You can call Devine and he would be please to assist you.

Kingston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Our buisness places us here on a weekly basis, the staff are always polite & professional. I would bring my family here because of the clean rooms & hospitality that is shown towards me when I stay here. 4 thumbs up!!!! come experience this for yourself.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
super815530, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Dear Custumer,

I really want to thank you for your nice review! We are working very hard to make sure that our staff is polite and treat the custumer like their own family.

Thank you very much and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Best regards,

Regionale Supervisor
Peterborough, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

There is so many better options in Montreal to stay, this is the last place you will want to stay at. The Holiday Inn down town was A LOT nicer and cheaper. This place charged us an extra 100$ because apparently their maids could not put some bottles in a garbage bag. There was 4 of us in the room, it is not like we had a party or anything. We just had a couple drinks before we went out. So when I say SOME bottles, I mean like 10 beer bottles. The bedding was dirty, the shower/tub was disgusting, and the shower head was no good. You hear air planes flying over you in the middle of the night. The service was terrible, If you just want to stay at a place for a night while your waiting for your flight, I suggest you sleep at the airport. If you are staying in Montreal for the weekend, I recommend the Holiday Inn down town. Whatever you do, do not stay here.

Room Tip: Do not stay here, you will not get a good room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
super815530, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear Custumer,

Thank you for your review. I made my research about your room stay and unfortunately it was very dirty when you left the room, broken beers on the carpet, lots of empty bottles and other items. It does not arrive very often that we have to charge our custumer for extra cleaning but this time it happens.

Hoping that at your next stay in a hotel you will consider the room as your room at home.

Labrador City, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This would be the last hotel I would choose if I ever return to Montreal to stay overnight. The place just feels old, dirty and unkempt. The shuttle service was not available so it cost us another $22 to stay. The carpet looked gross in the room, the shower curtain was all torn and hanging off the rod. There was nothing pleasing whatsoever about this hotel. Dark and dingy--gave me the creeps.

Room Tip: Just don't go there!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
super815530, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
DEAR CUSTUMER,

We look at your review and were concern about you stay. Our shuttle service is 24 hours and always available. Our custumers just need to schedule it with the frontdesk. Also my concern is about our carpet they are new since 2 years and have been clean last month. It would have been important that you mention it during your stay and we would have been happy to change your room. This month all the furniture and all rooms would be change for new furniture.

We thank you for your comments , unfortunately we were made aware only after your left the hotel

Delta, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Welcome to Montreal, and light up! That is what you will be greeted by once you enter this establishment. The shuttle to the Inn was on time and ok, however the Inn really needs to get its stuff together.

The lobby is small, cramped style, un-kept, not vacuumed, tobacco smokey and drab to say the least. The hallway smell big time of cigarette smoke, and the room was NASTY !!!!!!

I requested a non smoking room the nights before, however....guess what, yes a smoking room. And when I brought a smoking hotel front desk clerk to the room to see the broken sliding door to the parking lot on the other side of the room, she thought the smell was horrible!! That speaks volumes.

The continental breakfast is average, however again the smoke smell is every where.

Over all, sure the price may be low, but you get less that you pay for here. The bedding is really uncomfortable, and the hotel is on a busy route.

Just do your homework, there must be better options near by.

Good luck on your search, especially if you do not smoke.

Room Tip: Ensure you get request multiple times of a non smoking room, if desired.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
super815530, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Dear Custumer and Trip advisor readers,

Concerning this review I just want to clarify that we do offer smoking room and non smoking room to accomodate all the special needs to our custumers. By law all the public areas are non smoking and people are not allowed to smoke except in their smoking room. It is very sad that you had a smoking room. We are very concern to give to the custumer the type of room they request. If at the time of the reservation, we did not have non smoking room we advise our custumer.

My best regards,

Been to Days Inn Montreal Airport? Share your experiences!