“Great BBQ for West Montreal” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Toronto
“Great BBQ for West Montreal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We visited this place for my mom's 50th bithday last year, and since I tend to return to one of my favorite getaway cities, I had to comment - A year later lol! The food was pretty tasty and a bit reasonable in price, and since I was (and still am) on a diet at the time, I found the options pretty healthy. The BBQ chicken leg was very nice - If only they hooked me up with 2, and the double serving of fresh salad put me at ease. One thing I will say to anyone planing to go is to make reservations, regardless of how many of you will dine-in, however my sisters and I were lucky enough to get a table without one. I think you might be able to purchase their BBQ sauce to take home.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Montreal, Canada
“Great Ribs and chicken!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The Boucan is a very quaint Smokehouse on Notre Dame in and older section of Montreal,actually in old Griffintown. It has a very limited seating capacity and therefore reservations are essential to avoid complications.
The smoked ribs are to die for and the portions are very generous and the sides are equally good. I had a half-rack of ribs which I could not finish an the fries had a cinnimon taste which were delicious. My wife had a breast of chicken which was done to perfection and very moist as well.
we never got to the dessert since we were just too full, but they feature a bacon muffin which is sure to be any man's delight. The price was very reasonable at $50 for two (no liquor) including soft drinks, which was incredible considering the quality and the generous portions. Highly recommended! Beats anything I've had anywhere!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Not recommended if you like good ribs.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We order from this restaurant.
Really good salad but there ribs are extremely dry and bland.
If you like dry meat, this is your place!

Visited January 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Great little place to grab some real food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Everything is good here.
The chicken, ribs, and burgers are all really good.
They also have a great bar!!

Visited December 2012
Montreal, QC
“Amazing Chicken!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Le Boucan BBQ Chicken Breast was amazing! Quite possibly the best piece of chicken you'll have in town, and definitely on our list of best dishes we've had in 2012!

• Visited December 2012