“Will never stay in this terrible B&B” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Alacoque Bed & Breakfast Revolution

Alacoque Bed & Breakfast Revolution
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montreal
Alacoque Bed & Breakfast Revolution
You added Alacoque Bed & Breakfast Revolution to your Saves list
2091 St. Urban Street | Near Sherbrooke, Montreal, Quebec H2X 2N1, Canada (Quartier des Spectacles)   |
Ranked #61 of 146 Montreal B&B and Inns
San Jose, California
“Will never stay in this terrible B&B”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I booked this b&b due to it's location and free parking. When booking I asked my requirement about the room and the owner said he would pick one for me but he never liked to confirm which room I would stay. When I arrived, I realized the room he gave to me in 3rd floor was renovated but it's terrible, not just small but everything looked not clean. The second morning I found there was dirty in shower room that might caused by the toilet drain. I told the owner and he said he would fix the problem soon, can you believe?

Also the internet didn't work and the owner said it's already 3 days.

The free parking was in his tandem garage, the space is so small so you can hardly drive your car from garage if you park before the other car.

The breakfast is so so.

Regret staying there for 2 nights. Don't understand why bbcanada rates it as 3 stars.

NOT RECOMMEND THIS B&B!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
revolutionMontreal, Manager at Alacoque Bed & Breakfast Revolution, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
THE TRUE IS:We have cancellations policies you can read it before you reserve. You can get insurance cancellation from your credit card also. About the others things written:You don,t need to come to visit us to say basic things like this.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
WELLINGTON, oNT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

I boked this b and b for two people for two nights. When my friend had to cancel due to a family emergency, he refused saying he never allows the first night to be cancelled and that subsequent nights require 72 hours notice. This put me on my guard as the police was unusual and harsh in my experience. When I arrived, the entrance was shabby, the carpet on the dark and narrow staircase filthy and the whole place smelled of needing to be stripped and cleaned if not painted from stem to stern. My room looked ok but old and rickety. I could not imagine sitting on the bed much longer let alone sleep in it. So I decided to leave and even though it was getting late in the afternoon, to look for another place. The owner had vanished even though I checked the garden, rang the front door etc so I locked the door and left. For this I was billed $317.83!!!!!!!1 Need I say more.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

The location is beyond great - we walked to everything. Just perfect! THAT is the reason to stay at this B&B. It IS old and pretty dowdy and the owner is definitely ODD. But put that aside and the location along with the price is ideal! Use it as your home base, not to hang around in. Go out and explore Montreal and have a convenient and affordable location to sleep at night.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

The B&B owner/host is dour and really doesn't get customer service. We had a basement room without much appeal at $110 per night. Not a disaster, but not at all a memorable B&B experience.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Hight season at $ 110.00 each night is normal price for the location and services. This is true this is not a 4 stars hotel. It is a small B&B.
Dartmouth, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

Our first visit to Montreal was to the Alacoque B&B on St Urbain. The hospitality we were met with was great. The rooms have lots of charm and were exactly what we were looking for. It was great value for being just a few blocks from Old Montreal and 1 block from the metro. We got everywhere in the city we wanted to go and had a comfortable home base. The breakfast conversation was different each day with people from all over the world. We look forward to our next visit. Merci Bien

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

Excellent location ,near métro , walking to every where and in a very french district.
Host Mr. Christian is affable and tells excellent stories.
Break-fast is served in an elegant dining room and one meets visitors from all over the planet. Christian bakes the croissants and the pain au chocolat and ground his coffee beans.

When weather allows it, the terrace offers offers an oasis of calm while looking at the venerable maple tree.

We stayed 12 days - except for 2 days spent in Québec ville - and it felt like "our" flat;
We had the room named "Fernandel" - a beloved french comic - the only room with 2 beds and private bath.

I enjoyed the stay very much and certainly would return.

M

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Wellington, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

Stayed here four nights....ammenities were great - the house is unique and offers great atmosphere.
Christian and Peter welcomed us warmly and we felt very 'at home and comfortable'.

A great location, close to transit and walking distance to a lot of Montreal's 'must see' spots.

Make sure you look at the bowl collection on the wall!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Alacoque Bed & Breakfast Revolution? Share your experiences!