“Week vacation to Montreal” 5 of 5 stars

Petite Auberge Les Bons Matins
1401 Argyle, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1V5, Canada (Ville-Marie)   |
Ranked #27 of 147 Montreal B&B and Inns
Victoria B.C.
“Week vacation to Montreal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We just returned from a 6 night stay here and we enjoyed our stay here. We were in the building next to the main building with the reception and dining area. We were on the top floor and although it means taking your luggage up and down the stairs you are only doing it twice and we didn't find it an issue. It was hot and humid in Montreal and the airconditioned room was a necessity. The room had an ensuite bathroom with large tub...we are in our mid 50's, if I was older or had limited range of motion I would see if you can get a room that doesn't have such a deep tub. I loved the decor of the room, bright and funky. Don't let the train track across the road deter you, you can only see it slightly from the top floor and I don't believe it runs at night as we never heard it. Six in the morning approximately but definitely not an issue. The breakfast offered is nice and simple, small entree of waffle or french toast and then main offerings are eggs, ie scrambled, omelets and fruit. Cereals and breads are also there. The staff in the dining room were very pleasant and attentive as was the front desk. Big plus in our opinion was the metro being right down the street just steps away. We used passes all week and with the heat it was nice to not have to walk to get to the metro. All in all we enjoyed our stay and Petit Auberge.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

212 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Deer Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Had a great long weekend at this B&B. Booked it through a third-party website that messed our reservations up so we got a free upgrade to a luxury suite. Very nice surprise. Staff was pleasant and friendly. The weather unfortunately was AWFUL when we visited but we didn't mind staying in so much because our suite was so cozy and comfortable. The decorations and furniture are tasteful and inviting. Not generic or tacky at all. Breakfast was good and homemade in the morning. Nothing crazy but your standard cereals, toast, eggs, bacon, OJ, etc. There is also parking behind the hotel for $12 a night which is well worth it. So besides the fact the staff is nice, the hotel is quaint and charming, the rooms are super comfy, and there's breakfast/parking, the BEST part of this hotel is it's proximity to the subway station. It is literally a 30 second walk from the door. It made all the neighborhoods, attractions and restaurants in Montreal totally accessible and was comforting at night to know we didn't have to walk far in the dark after an exhausting day. Also, the neighborhood was very quiet and felt pretty safe. It's right by what I'm assuming their financial district is so there are a lot of nice restaurants in the area.

Room Tip: Spring for the comfort or luxury rooms! It's well worth it!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This clean and artsy B and B (or Inn) is conveniently placed downtown and easily accessible by public transport. They do have car parking spaces but there is a charge. The metro is 50m away and I would advise you buy a STM card for $9 if coming in to the airport. The bus stop at Concordia and the YWCA is 150 m from the inn. The ticket can then be used for metro or bus services up to 24 hours from purchase. Buy your ticket from the arrivals level service desk or the vending machine next to the exit. I agree there are a few street people around the area but no more than at other downtown metro or subway locations. I believe the area is safe.
My basement room was very large and rather fun and wacky in its decor The main room had a jacuzzi tub in it and then there was an en suite shower and toilet. The only drawback was noise as it faced the street.
The breakfast room was upstairs and the bilingual staff were friendly and efficient. As all the guests eat in this rather small area they do offer a breakfast plate for your room. The food was tasty and well presented. Waffles, bagels, cereal and various omelettes to follow with a side of fruits.
I enjoyed my stay here and will return if I need accommodation in Montreal.

Room Tip: Avoid the basement rooms in house 1401 as there is noise from guests in the breakfast room above and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

This was a trip that I made with my boyfriend to celebrate our two years togheter. We are from Montreal so was very convenient that the metro was right at the door. I was reading the reviews to decide wether to go or not and they all seemed pretty positive. After our amazing weekend there, I promised to myself i would write a review on it to help other couples decide on it :)
We had the Suite 601 at 1387 rue Argyle. From the pictures it looked nice, but in real ITS EVEN BETTER! I promise this was so cossy, cute and romantic. There is an HD Tv on the wall that you can rotate to watch it from different locations. The bathtub is pretty confortable and the bed is too. For the breakfast, we did not want to wake up at 8am to get breakfast so they told us that it was possible to have breakfast delivred to us in our room. HOW AMAZING IS THAT!? we obviously took advantage of it and ordered omelette, bacon, bread, french toast, orange juice, eggss, fruits and tea. Was DELICIOUS!

The only down side is that it is true the appartments are not well isolated. We were watching a movie and the people upstairs came to knock at our door that they could hear it like they were in the same room. So had to turn it pretty low.

Other than that the owners are very nice and polite.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Quirky decor, clean and comfortable rooms (great beds!), good breakfast, and lovely wait staff. The immediate neighborhood isn't particularly nice, but felt safe and it's very convenient to public transportation and a nice selection of restaurants. They recorded my reservation for the week I made it instead of when I booked, so I had to change rooms part way through. But they were apologetic and rooms were an upgrade to deluxe quites at the original price, which was nice. (Might be a good idea to confirm your reservation if you book a long time in advance.) Suite 605 is spacious and comfortable and has a huge bathroom with whirlpool bath. The kitchenette is a nice plus, but the sink is almost 5' high, so not a place to wash dishes! Suite 601 is similarly large and comfortable. (Note that the jacuzzi is in the living area rather than the bathroom.) Both rooms could use more light.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

A friend and I had the pleasure of spending one night at this B&B on a quick midweek vacation trip to Montreal. It was our first time in the city and we selected Les Bons Matins based on its excellent reviews and we were not disappointed. The inn is lovely with charming rooms with many period details (mouldings, large windows, fireplaces), brightly colored original artwork and various touches suggestive of Morocco (cutwork lantern, silver trimmed mirrors). The breakfast was delicious and served in a sunny front room near reception on pretty tilework tables. The staff was friendly and helpful, even allowing us to park our car in the back for a few hours on the day we were leaving free of charge to avoid a street cleaning street parking ban - otherwise we used street parking (free) which was easy to find. It is conveniently located close to St. Catherine/Cresent street as well as even closer to Lucien L'Allier metro stop.

Room Tip: We stayed in 605 - lovely suite with full bath done in charming mosaic tiles including shower as wel...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Brandon, Manitoba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The rooms are very well decorated and comfortable, much better than one might find in conventional hotels for a higher price. The staff were very friendly and the breakfasts were excellent. The Wi-Fi worked well for me as did the TV. No problems at all experienced with the room.

The Metro is very close at hand, and if you want to use the bus to and from the airport, the stops are only 3 or 4 minutes walking time away.

I didn't find it a major problem, but it could be too warm for some people in summer, as there does not seem to be any air conditioning, The windows in the room I had would open, so that helps, and the area is fairly quiet (or was when I was there in spite of hockey games at the nearby Bell centre).

I would certainly stay here again, it was one of the best places I have found in my travels at such a reasonable price when considering the location and the breakfast included.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Petite Auberge Les Bons Matins? Share your experiences!