“Outstanding Bed and Breakfast! Dont miss out!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pierre et Dominique

Pierre et Dominique
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montreal
Pierre et Dominique
You added Pierre et Dominique to your Saves list
271 Saint-Louis Square, Montreal, Quebec H2X 1A3, Canada   |
Ranked #80 of 147 Montreal B&B and Inns
Geneva, Switzerland
“Outstanding Bed and Breakfast! Dont miss out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed here from Oct 29-Dec 7 so about 5 weeks as I was taking a French course. I would highly recommend this B & B for many reasons. Dominique is super friendly, caring and wants to make sure her guests are doing well and enjoying their stay. Any problems, she is always available. She also speaks very good English.

Since I was staying for 5 weeks, I didnt eat breakfast everyday but the few times I did, I was left speechless. Presentation was outstanding, creative and delicious. One morning she made these posh pancakes with some kind of orange sauce with little oranges on top. Wow! I went away full and feeling healthy.

I stayed in the solo room which is small yet comfortable and cute. The bed was very comfortable, feather duvet and pillows and the best thing is that there is an individual heating system in the room so I could turn it on and off as I want. Imagine sitting in a chair having a nice green tea and feeling all warm and having no worries about the outside winter breeze? It was wonderful!

The washroom/shower was adorable and is just outside the solo room and always has hot water, towels if you need them, plenty of toilet paper and shelves to put all my toiletries. She also has shampoo and soap in the shower if you need it. I thought it was really nicely designed. The 2 larger rooms have the washrooms inside. Each room has their own private washroom/shower.

There is a little kitchen with a fridge to use, mini-oven, microwave and a one stove burner, kettle etc.. Cereal and tea if you want. You can sit back on the sofa watching TV. Maybe you dont want to practice your French. No worries! There are English channels as well.

The location is super- quiet yet walking distance to bakeries, stores, restaurants, laundromats, McDonalds, French cinema, and the metro is just down the road. On St. Laurent street, try the La Maison Thai for some delicious Chicken Pad Thai, or Pizza Madonna for some pizza. What more can you ask for?

Montreal is a fabulous city in my opinion, very safe and people are very friendly. If you dont speak French you will be completely fine.

Why wait? Why research anymore? Dont miss out on a wonderful stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

It was a nice located old fashion apartment. Dominique did a great job decorate the place and really felt like home. I was visting by myself so I stayed in a solo room. It is small but cozy. I got my own private washroom right outside of the room. There is also shared kitchen area that is nice to have a easy breakfast there before I head out for adventure. The only thing I wish I could have is to try the breakfast once. All in all a very lovely place to be home for four nights. Will definitely wanna go back again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Abergavenny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

B&B located on peaceful square, within close proximity to Metro - 3min walk. Alternatively, Downtown Montreal and the foot of Mont Royale are both a 20minute walk away. A selection of well priced restuarants are in the area - would recommend Manana, 3mins away.

The room was comfortable, very clean and nice ensuite shower room. Use of a guest kitchenette very helpful, with use of fridge, microwave and kettle.

Dominique was a knowledgable and helpful host - her breakfasts were amazing. Would gladly stay again.

Room Tip: Campagnarde room with ensuite is to the rear of property and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon! We had no parking issue because we flew in from Edmonton, where even our downtown has tremendous parking issues-duh.
I have aboslutely nothing bad to say. We were there for two perfect weeks. My husband and I walked and toured our feet off. We did have lively conversations with Dominique about everything under the sun. Breakfast was delicious every morning. When we just couldn't get up early in the morning she brought breakfast down and left it in our fridge in the common kitchen area in the basement.
The location is awesome-one block from the metro which becomes a life saver! Lots of resturants and shopping close by. Beds were comfy, decor was wild and artsy, everything was clean.
We felt very comfortable and really enjoyed 'living' with a french-canadien family.
Merci Dominique!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2008

Very good location but parking is definitely a major problem. How can "hoping to be lucky to find a parking spot" be a good thing?
Room was pleasant enough and nicely furnished. Good lighting for reading in bed.
Breakfast was plain and so-so.
We felt less than warmly welcome - more like an intrusion. And no, we are not "demanding and unreasonable travelers".

• Liked — Location. Room.
  • Disliked — Parking. Breakfast. welcome.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bergen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2007

The Bed & Breakfast "Pierre et Dominique" has a very good location in the quarré St.-Louis with a short way to everything necessary such as metro, bus, supermarket and depanneur/ convenience store. As many of you have remarked, their breakfasts are remarkable and staying at this B&B gives you a real, homy experience rather than an impersonal stay you would have at a hotel. You get to know a real Montréal house and family!

The hosts were very helpful, they shared their tips about Montréal and they did their best to make us feel welcome. The common room was very good with tea, coffee and homebaked cookies and everything was clean and in order.

I really recommend this B&B as my stay here was nothing but excellent. I wish the best to Pierre and Dominique and want to thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2007

I was looking for a charming bed and breakfast downtown Montreal and I could't have found a better location! (St-Louis Square, pretty little park, walking distance to downtown)
The B&B is welcoming; the owners are very friendly. Quaint rooms, great homemade breakfast. Home away from home!
Overall I'd say this is the one of the best B&B I've stayed at. Not only would I personally go again but I would highly recommend it..

• Liked — Comfortable, clean, quaint
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Pierre et Dominique? Share your experiences!