“Superb special exhibit - Scandal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Centre d'Histoire de Montreal

Centre d'Histoire de Montreal
335 place d'Youville, Montreal, Quebec H2Y 3T1, Canada (Ville-Marie)
514 872 3207
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 202 Attractions in Montreal
Type: History Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in a former fire station, this museum explores Montreal's history from the 1600s to the present.
vermont
24 attraction reviews
“Superb special exhibit - Scandal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

The special exhibit Scandal is a must-see! The staff did an extraordinary job of presenting the story Montreal from 1940-1960 during the time of US prohibition, This is a part of history that often gets overlooked, but such an interesting period. The audio visuals are captivating.
I was disappointed in the permanent exhibit as there was way too much reading of insignificant facts and seemed disjointed even though it was arranged by period. I would have liked summaries stating the important facts that I could delve into more if I wished. I do like to spend time reading museum placards but I don't have time to read a whole history book. I will be sure to check out the temporary visits in the future and hope they are as well done as Scandals.

Visited January 2014

Saint Paul, Minnesota
25 attraction reviews
“Montreal's History & Culture”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stacy and I spent about an hour visiting the Centre d'Histoire de Montreal on 27 September (2013). This is a great place to spend an hour that will help you learn the wonderful heritage of Montreal.

Visited September 2013
“Fantastic History Museum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

If you're interested in the history of Montreal, this is a must-see! It's also quite affordable at $6 for an adult ticket. The permanent exhibit tells the story of the city up to modern times. It's very well-designed and engaging! I actually liked it better than Point a Calliere. The temp exhibit was under construction when we were there but looked really interesting too.

Dallas
9 attraction reviews
“so much better than I expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I loved this museum. The exhibits are so well put together. I really felt that I got a strong understanding of the history of Montreal. They take you from the Iroquois to current times in such an interesting way. Very well done. I knew so little about the history of the area and I felt that I was so informed once I left. Should definitely be on your list for Old Montreal.

Visited July 2013
Toronto, Canada
10 attraction reviews
“Well done and very informative!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We spent the afternoon there and were very impressed with both the permanent and temporary exhibitions. The informaiton was presented in many different ways to shake it up a little and the artifacts and explanations and videos were excellent. My 10 year old didn't even say she was bored!

Visited March 2013