“Very enjoyable stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth

You added Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth to your Saves list
Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 Blvd. Rene Levesque West, Montreal, Quebec H3B 4A5, Canada (Centre-Ville (Downtown))   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #42 of 162 Hotels in Montreal
NZ
“Very enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2008

The long strike is well and truly over and everything was back to normal when I stayed.
The staff are all very friendly and the foyer area is nice.
The rooms are not huge but certainly large enough and the rooms clean and beds comfortable. The price was also fine.
There is a great food court and shopping centre also attached to the hotel.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2008

I have seen all of the previous comments about the effect of the strike . When we checked in the effect of the strike was clearly explained to us by the front desk .It would have been nice for the bar and restaurant to be open but it was no big deal for us .The staff serviced our room every day and the staff in the Montrelais for breakfast couldn't have been more helpful .
The Concierge desk were superb-they got is in to 3 restaurants that had been recommended to us and were great with their advice about things to do .
great location for going down to the metro .Also when we just wanted a small breakfast to take back to our room we were easily able to get take away from the numerous place down in the lift at staion level.

• Liked — Location and staff helpfulness
  • Disliked — The temporary effect of the strike
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Ottawa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2008

We were very disappointed with our visit to the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth. The hotel was on strike - which we were not made aware of when booking our hotel stay. My husband and I were away for a romantic anniversary weekend and were deeply disappointed to find out that the staff was bare bones; the pool, sauna, hot tub and fitness centre were all closed; there was no room service; all the bars and restaurants in the hotel were closed and there was no maid service. They refused to give us our money back and when we were shown to our room, it was the tiniest hotel room I'd ever been in! Needless to say, all of this affected our 'romantic' weekend. We won't be staying there again.

• Liked — Old Montreal charm
  • Disliked — they were on strike and failed to mention it at the time the reservation was made.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Stoney Creek Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2008

What a gorgeous hotel! We have stayed here so many times we can no longer count and each time it is exquisite. I have to say that reading some negative comments about the cleanliness during the strike (labour disruption while we were there) I never found a problem. Our room was made up every day with clean towels and things put away. We actually asked them not to clean up as we knew how hard they were working. Upon our arrival we had a plate of little petit fours waiting in our room. How nice was that even during labour disruptions? Also the staff in the Montrealis restaurant each morning couldn't have been kinder. In fact, I saw someone drinking cafe au lait and asked if I could buy 4 bowls from them and they allowed me to. Also on our last day at the hotel we spoke with the cleaning staff in our room and 20 minutes later arrived a tray with Baileys, 2 glasses, 2 bottles of water and again a carousel of tiny baked goods wishing us happy 40th anniversary. We have nothing but WONDERFUL things to say about this hotel and hope to be back soon

• Liked — The bedding
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2008

This is my family's favorite hotel of all time. It's a beautiful hotel in downtown Montreal, in the heart of (in my opinion) the best city in Canada. This hotel is connected to the train station (across the way) through an underground tunnel. It's also connected to the underground city and Metro the same way. If the weather is bad in Montreal, which it can be in the winter, you can walk underground to Catherine St or catch the metro without stepping outside.
The rooms in this hotel are amazing..what can I say? It doesn't get better than a marble lobby and bathrooms. We are always given a corner room and they are spacious and everything is very high end, from the bedding to the robes to the linens.
There is a wonderful pool and gym in the lower level. The pool is smallish but beautiful, and the gym is top notch and I've never seen it too busy. My very only complaint at this hotel was that my older daughter (20) was treated poorly when she took her younger brother to the pool and my husband and I went to the gym-on two different occasions-and by two different staff. She's a younger looking 20 yr old and they were rude..I was surprised at the customer service training and if it happens again I will mention it to staff.
Aside from that, it's a great hotel in the heart of downtown. I've stayed many times-with and without kids and family and have never been disappointed.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — some poorly trained staff.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Massapequa Park, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2008

Excellent location right above train station. VERY convenient if taking AMTRAK back to New York City. Hotel workers were on strike, so there was no bellman to help with luggage and towels were located in the hallway by the elevator. Minor inconvenience. Excellent room with large beds, plenty of pillows and great big bathroom. Carpet was so "gushy" that I really enjoyed going barefoot !! Tons of room to walk around. Considering there was limited maid service, the room was spotless !! I have visions of a front desk guy in a suit cleaning the toilet and making the bed. Sick funny humor !! Great location above train station makes for easy access to food court in main terminal or walking through the underground passageway into the shopping mall's food court = handy for spending those last few "loonies" and getting more souveniers !! GREAT hotel, GREAT location, exceptional room and amenities !!

• Liked — great convenient location above train station
  • Disliked — hotel workers strike = no fancy restaurants/no room service
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Calgary, Alberta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2008

I understand when you have labor issues that quality of service might decrease but the only person i was impressed with during my stay was the concierge. The front desk people were abrupt and due to the strike my room was not cleaned during my stay. It also was evident the cleaning stay did not clean the room based on basic standards because there was a candy wrapper under the bed and a bloody napkin under the end table... the view of Mont Royal was amazing but i do not think i would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth? Share your experiences!