I have stayed at a couple of the Fairmont hotels in Canada both times because these were the designated conference hotels. And while the experience is nice, visitors should know that there are certain limitations of these old CPR hotels, of which this is one. The rooms are quite small; the bathrooms tiny. The amenities such as bathtub could definitely do with an update and even the lighting is often inadequate. I found it difficult to get the room the temperature that suited me. The bed, however, was very comfortable.
What drives me nuts about these hotels is the ridiculously overpriced "extras." If you don't join their club, they charge $13.95 A DAY for wifi in the rooms. If you dared to move a bottle in the mini bar to put a sandwich of your own in it, the sensor will know that you moved something and charge you accordingly--$25 for a HALF bottle of wine anyone? No way! I would never order room service, as I just couldn't bring myself to pay those prices. And besides there are numerous restaurants just out the door and a food court --including a liquor store-- underneath the hotel in the train station (you wouldn't even have to put on a coat when it's cold out). There's nothing worth watching on cable TV anymore but to rent a movie costs $16.95. And it's not even necessarily a good movie.
When I stay at a Fairmont I eat the decent food that is put on by the conference, but I buy extra meals, snacks, and beverages elsewhere.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth Hotel
- Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth Hotel Montreal
- Fairmont Hotel Montreal
- Fairmont Montreal
- Fairmont Queen Elizabeth
- Montreal Fairmont
- Queen Elizabeth Hotel Montreal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the center of Montreal's vibrant cultural and commercial district sits the city's grandest and most gracious hotel - Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth. Located above the train station (Via Rail & AMTRAK) and connected to the extensive underground city of thousands of boutiques, restaurants and cafes, and within walking distance of sports and cultural attractions, this Montreal hotel reflects the city’s distinct elegance and charm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Otel, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.