I stayed at this hotel October 21 - 23. I was travelling alone. My room was a junior suite on the 11th floor. It had a separate living room, two toilets, and a queen sized bed. The living room & bedroom could be divided by a sliding door.
The room was very clean and considering how cold it was in Montreal last week the temp in the room had already been adjusted to match the colder weather outside. I also liked that each room could have a separate temperature setting. The shower pressure was a little low, but the water temp was great. The room was very quiet, I don't recall hearing any outside noise while in my bedroom. The bed itself was incredibly comfortable. The only negative I had about my bathroom was there was not a lot of counter space for my toiletries.
I loved the location - within walking distance to the Bell Centre & was a short taxi cab ride to my work destination. The hotel staff were very friendly. I also loved that in the lower level there is a connection to the Metro as well as a food court with Tim Horton's, Second Cup, and other restaurants. (Just take the elevator to S2!)
The area was a nice location, I walked back to the hotel alone from the Habs game and as a female I felt very safe.
What I find a little annoying is that such a high quality hotel still charges for wifi. I expect for the price of the room that wifi could at least be included. If I were paying for this hotel out of my own pocket I would probably chose to stay elsewhere for that reason alone as many other hotels offer free wifi. However when travelling for business I don't complain too much!
Overall, a great stay and great location.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth Hotel Montreal
- Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth Hotel
- Fairmont Hotel Montreal
- Fairmont Montreal
- Fairmont Queen Elizabeth
- Montreal Fairmont
- Queen Elizabeth Hotel Montreal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the center of Montreal's vibrant cultural and commercial district sits the city's grandest and most gracious hotel - Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth. Located above the train station (Via Rail & AMTRAK) and connected to the extensive underground city of thousands of boutiques, restaurants and cafes, and within walking distance of sports and cultural attractions, this Montreal hotel reflects the city’s distinct elegance and charm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Otel, Amex, getaroom.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Venere, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.