I chose to spend thanksgiving 2012 with my wife at the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth in Montreal because of its location and the positive experiences at other Fairmont properties (both in the US and Internationally). It has been just a day since we checked in, and I have no regrets whatsoever. The highlights so far are,
1. Excellent service, from the doorman to the cleaning staff
2. Multi-lingual staff make me feel at home despite my not knowing French
3. Fairmont Fit
4. Plush bed - this is the first time I have not had to call for foam pillows, and I travel every week
5. On point recommendations from the concierge
I will update my review after I have sampled the restaurants. I usually don't eat at hotel restaurants because of a dearth of vegetarian options, but the restaurants at the Fairmont have a number of tantalizing vegetarian options (not the stock mushroom risotto)!
If there is one thing that didn't meet my expectations, it has to be the lack of a nespresso machine in my room or morning coffee in the lobby. I have never been a fan of the coffee brewed by Keurig machines. Call me spoiled, but every fairmont I have stayed at has had nespresso machines in the guest rooms.
Would I stay at the property again - based on my experience thus far, without a moment's hesitation. Before you do, sign up for the Fairmont President's Club - it unlocks free wifi at all Fairmont properties.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth Hotel Montreal
- Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth Hotel
- Fairmont Hotel Montreal
- Fairmont Montreal
- Fairmont Queen Elizabeth
- Montreal Fairmont
- Queen Elizabeth Hotel Montreal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the center of Montreal's vibrant cultural and commercial district sits the city's grandest and most gracious hotel - Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth. Located above the train station (Via Rail & AMTRAK) and connected to the extensive underground city of thousands of boutiques, restaurants and cafes, and within walking distance of sports and cultural attractions, this Montreal hotel reflects the city’s distinct elegance and charm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, getaroom.com, Amex, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.