I stayed at the Fairmont during my last visit in 2010. The hotel is about 30 minutes drive from the airport (no traffic) right in the heart of the city, beside the main train station.
If you are travelling by train, you can access right from the train station through the underground pass. Attached the hotel is the maze of underground shopping (path) from Place Ville Marie all the way to the Eaton Centre.
The main entry way was just as grand and elegant as I remember. Huge chandeliers, rich dark furniture and polished marble floors. Check in was quick and the staff were very pleasant and friendly. The gentleman who checked me in confirmed the room type and switched without hesitation it when we discovered the room type was booked in error by my company travel agent.
The room itself was nice; updated with a mix of new and classic. My TV was huge, about 46"! The bathroom was clean enough although the bathtub seemed to be a bit worn. When you showered the water seemed to take some time to drain properly, which tells me the drains need to be cleaned out. The heater worked well, except at times it would make a buzzing noise.
I ordered room service and the food was good, but served luke warm, not hot.
The restaurant Montrealus was also quite nice, but pricey. Breakfast, buffet or not will run you about $25-30 per person. Food was good, but not outstanding. You're better off walking up to St-Catherine Street and have a variety of food to choose from.
St.Catherine Street is less than 10 minutes walk from the hotel. You will find tons of great restaurants and shops along the mains street as well as tucked into the side streets.
The overall hotel experience was average.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth Hotel
- Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth Hotel Montreal
- Fairmont Hotel Montreal
- Fairmont Montreal
- Fairmont Queen Elizabeth
- Montreal Fairmont
- Queen Elizabeth Hotel Montreal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the center of Montreal's vibrant cultural and commercial district sits the city's grandest and most gracious hotel - Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth. Located above the train station (Via Rail & AMTRAK) and connected to the extensive underground city of thousands of boutiques, restaurants and cafes, and within walking distance of sports and cultural attractions, this Montreal hotel reflects the city’s distinct elegance and charm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Fairmont Hotels, Priceline, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.