This is not one of those grande dame Fairmonts with turrets and giant chandeliers; it's a modern bit of brutalist architecture on Blvd. Rene Levesque. Taxis drop guests, for some reason I don't understand, at the side entrance where you may or may not find a doorman who may or may not help you up the stairs and through the manual doors with your luggage. If you will need help, make them drive you to the real entrance where there's a doorman.
The rooms are nice, mostly spacious and typically well-appointed, as are all things Fairmont. The staff are friendly and the food, well, you're in Montreal so why eat in?
If you can pop for the extra few dollars, stay on the Gold floors. You get your own fun elevator, helpful desk staff and a lounge with a terrifice view North and West. They serve a nice breakfast in there, but be prepared for an intimate meal. This lounge is tiny given the number of guests it serves and is usually standing room only for breakfast. They will offer guests a voucher for Montrealais, but don't take it. That is a nasty bit of news with dreadful food and resentful service.
Room service is good but the chowder, usually a good choice at a Fairmont, tasted like warm cream with pepper and a glob of butter.
Still, this is my favourtie place to stay in Montreal and it's underground to Place Ville Marie and the train station.
The fitness centre is standard Fairmont: Too many machines in an afterthought of a space but probably ok if you aren't hard core.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth Hotel Montreal
- Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth Hotel
- Fairmont Hotel Montreal
- Fairmont Montreal
- Fairmont Queen Elizabeth
- Montreal Fairmont
- Queen Elizabeth Hotel Montreal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the center of Montreal's vibrant cultural and commercial district sits the city's grandest and most gracious hotel - Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth. Located above the train station (Via Rail & AMTRAK) and connected to the extensive underground city of thousands of boutiques, restaurants and cafes, and within walking distance of sports and cultural attractions, this Montreal hotel reflects the city’s distinct elegance and charm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, Amex, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.