My family and I had to go to Montreal from Toronto. We took the train. The Queen E is situated on top of the train station. We arrived at 10pm and walked off the train, took the elevator to the lobby and from there to our rooms. Painless. Our return trip left at 6:45a. We woke up at 6a, checked out at 6:25a and were on the train by 6:35a.
The hotel is also connected to the underground city. Connections to two subway lines, commuter trains, shopping etc are all available without having to leave the underground.
The Queen E's rooms are somewhat dated but they are clean, quiet and comfortable. We had two connecting rooms. This provided more room than a suite at a far lower cost.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth Hotel Montreal
- Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth Hotel
- Fairmont Hotel Montreal
- Fairmont Montreal
- Fairmont Queen Elizabeth
- Montreal Fairmont
- Queen Elizabeth Hotel Montreal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the center of Montreal's vibrant cultural and commercial district sits the city's grandest and most gracious hotel - Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth. Located above the train station (Via Rail & AMTRAK) and connected to the extensive underground city of thousands of boutiques, restaurants and cafes, and within walking distance of sports and cultural attractions, this Montreal hotel reflects the city’s distinct elegance and charm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Otel, getaroom.com, Amex, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.