“Montreal Visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Chateau Champlain

You added Marriott Chateau Champlain to your Saves list
Marriott Chateau Champlain
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1050 de la Gauchetiere West, Montreal, Quebec H3B 4C9, Canada (Ville-Marie)   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Montreal Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

the location for this hotel is good , u have the metro station at the hotel , so very easy to move around , also the bus from the airport leaves u close to the hotel , just they need to refurnish as it is very old hotel , otherwise they have a indoor pool , and a jacuzi , so it was nice .the are many restaurants for breakfast in the hotel and a Starbucks too so if u r stay does not include the bf , don't worry .

Room Tip: the room that we ahd has a great window and the view to the city
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Joseph K, General Manager at Marriott Chateau Champlain, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear ASamad1965,

Thank you for your observations. Your feed-back is important to us!

I am glad that you were pleased with the location of our hotel, the metro and some of our great breakfast options.

I am glad that we were able to assign you a room with a great view of Montreal.

Looking forward to have you stay here again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This marriott is not in the old town, but I like the location better. You are right next to a metro that will get you anywhere in the city. The old town is very touristy, so it was nice to get out into the other areas. It is a big marriott and the service very nice, rooms nice and everything you would expect from a marriott.
We arrived at the airport and took the bus to the main terminal. WAIT a minute...why not just grab a cab? BECAUSE it is so easy and actually quicker to get into town on the bus. As you leave the luggage area there are machines in front of you where you buy a ticket that allows you metro and the bus to the main terminal station. We bought a 3 day pass for the two of us 36.00. You will take the metro so this is a good value. The hotel is a quick walk from the terminal. Loved this location

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Susantravels,

Thank you for your nice feed-back.

I am glad that you loved the location of our hotel with all its facilities. Most of our guests agree to say that we are conveniently located with easy access to the underground city (32 km long).

It was nice to read that you enjoyed your guest room and that everything was up to your expectations.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back very shortly.

Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This hotel was exceptionally great, staff were welcoming, helpful and prompt. Internet was free and location was perfect. Room clean and well maintained. Our room had a nice view but baby crib was not up to the standard, it was made of metal and not safe as baby might hit the head.
Will definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Fatme A,

Thank you for your kind observations. Your feed-back is genuinely appreciated.

I am pleased to know that overall you really enjoyed your stay with us.

I am glad that you found our hotel conveniently located and our staff welcoming, helpful and prompt.

However I regret that the baby crib did not meet your expectations, I will take it under consideration.

Thank you for your desire to stay with us again on your next visit to Montreal.

I am looking forward to welcoming you soon.

Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Walking distance to transit and "Old Town." The staff makes the hotel worth the stay. The hotel is quiet and clean but the staff makes it delightful. Stayed on the 33rd floor with a fantastic view. Ask for a high floor. You won't regret it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ldglm,

Thank you for your great comments. Very much appreciated !

It was so pleasant to read that our staff "makes the hotel worth the stay". I will share these amazing remarks with them. Thank you!

I am also glad that you enjoyed our hotel with his facilities.

Looking forward to hosting you next time you are in Montreal.

Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel is very quiet , rooms are clean and comfortable . There is free wi -fi and coffee in the room. The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of the train station and the Bell Center. There is a restaurant and also a Starbuck . The staff is very friendly, smiling and helpful. They had not received confirmation of my business billing and they were very helpful. the supervisor left me a message to give me feedback about billing and told me all was ok.

Room Tip: Room with a view on Mont-Royal!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Helene P,

Thank you for your nice feed-back regarding your recent stay with us.

I am happy that you enjoyed the comfort of your guest room and that you found our hotel conveniently located.

I will share you good comments with my staff and will let them know how friendly and helpful they were with you, particularly about your billing issue.

Looking forward to hosting you again soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We were at this hotel last weekend for 4 days. Found the staff very efficient and pleasant. The front desk personnel were efficient and the concierge arranged some great sightseeing tours. The hotel is charming and well used, but clean and well maintained. We had room service the first night because we got in so late and it was delivered quickly and it was terrific. The next night we ate in the bar in the lobby and it was excellent and the wine was great (we bought several bottles to bring home from SAQ stores that have an amazing selection at great prices). The room was good size, immaculate, well stocked with amenities and the windows are amazing. We requested a room on a high floor with a view of the city and Mt. Royal and it was incredible.

Room Tip: Request a view of the city and Mt. Royal on a high floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Deby R,

Terrific comments for which I would like to thank you!

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel, the cleanliness as well as the view from your guest room.

I am glad that our concierge staff was able to arrange great tours during your stay. I will share your kind remarks with them.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon in our beautiful city.

Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was immediately impressed with this hotel. It is very convenient to Montreal's old town. The hotel was very welcoming and appealing. The hotel reminded me of a European hotel. The staff was very friendly and courteous. I look forward to a return to this outstanding hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Joseph K, General Manager at Marriott Chateau Champlain, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Morlev,

I am so grateful for your kind comments. Very much appreciated!

I will share them with my entire staff.

Looking forward to welcoming you back very shortly.

Been to Marriott Chateau Champlain? Share your experiences!