“Good location if you want to see the entire city” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Chateau Champlain

You added Marriott Chateau Champlain to your Saves list
Marriott Chateau Champlain
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1050 de la Gauchetiere West, Montreal, Quebec H3B 4C9, Canada (Centre-Ville (Downtown))   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #48 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
tennessee
“Good location if you want to see the entire city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This marriott is not in the old town, but I like the location better. You are right next to a metro that will get you anywhere in the city. The old town is very touristy, so it was nice to get out into the other areas. It is a big marriott and the service very nice, rooms nice and everything you would expect from a marriott.
We arrived at the airport and took the bus to the main terminal. WAIT a minute...why not just grab a cab? BECAUSE it is so easy and actually quicker to get into town on the bus. As you leave the luggage area there are machines in front of you where you buy a ticket that allows you metro and the bus to the main terminal station. We bought a 3 day pass for the two of us 36.00. You will take the metro so this is a good value. The hotel is a quick walk from the terminal. Loved this location

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph K, General Manager at Marriott Chateau Champlain, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Susantravels,

Thank you for your nice feed-back.

I am glad that you loved the location of our hotel with all its facilities. Most of our guests agree to say that we are conveniently located with easy access to the underground city (32 km long).

It was nice to read that you enjoyed your guest room and that everything was up to your expectations.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back very shortly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This hotel was exceptionally great, staff were welcoming, helpful and prompt. Internet was free and location was perfect. Room clean and well maintained. Our room had a nice view but baby crib was not up to the standard, it was made of metal and not safe as baby might hit the head.
Will definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Fatme A,

Thank you for your kind observations. Your feed-back is genuinely appreciated.

I am pleased to know that overall you really enjoyed your stay with us.

I am glad that you found our hotel conveniently located and our staff welcoming, helpful and prompt.

However I regret that the baby crib did not meet your expectations, I will take it under consideration.

Thank you for your desire to stay with us again on your next visit to Montreal.

I am looking forward to welcoming you soon.

Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Walking distance to transit and "Old Town." The staff makes the hotel worth the stay. The hotel is quiet and clean but the staff makes it delightful. Stayed on the 33rd floor with a fantastic view. Ask for a high floor. You won't regret it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ldglm,

Thank you for your great comments. Very much appreciated !

It was so pleasant to read that our staff "makes the hotel worth the stay". I will share these amazing remarks with them. Thank you!

I am also glad that you enjoyed our hotel with his facilities.

Looking forward to hosting you next time you are in Montreal.

Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel is very quiet , rooms are clean and comfortable . There is free wi -fi and coffee in the room. The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of the train station and the Bell Center. There is a restaurant and also a Starbuck . The staff is very friendly, smiling and helpful. They had not received confirmation of my business billing and they were very helpful. the supervisor left me a message to give me feedback about billing and told me all was ok.

Room Tip: Room with a view on Mont-Royal!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Helene P,

Thank you for your nice feed-back regarding your recent stay with us.

I am happy that you enjoyed the comfort of your guest room and that you found our hotel conveniently located.

I will share you good comments with my staff and will let them know how friendly and helpful they were with you, particularly about your billing issue.

Looking forward to hosting you again soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We were at this hotel last weekend for 4 days. Found the staff very efficient and pleasant. The front desk personnel were efficient and the concierge arranged some great sightseeing tours. The hotel is charming and well used, but clean and well maintained. We had room service the first night because we got in so late and it was delivered quickly and it was terrific. The next night we ate in the bar in the lobby and it was excellent and the wine was great (we bought several bottles to bring home from SAQ stores that have an amazing selection at great prices). The room was good size, immaculate, well stocked with amenities and the windows are amazing. We requested a room on a high floor with a view of the city and Mt. Royal and it was incredible.

Room Tip: Request a view of the city and Mt. Royal on a high floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Deby R,

Terrific comments for which I would like to thank you!

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel, the cleanliness as well as the view from your guest room.

I am glad that our concierge staff was able to arrange great tours during your stay. I will share your kind remarks with them.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon in our beautiful city.

Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was immediately impressed with this hotel. It is very convenient to Montreal's old town. The hotel was very welcoming and appealing. The hotel reminded me of a European hotel. The staff was very friendly and courteous. I look forward to a return to this outstanding hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Joseph K, General Manager at Marriott Chateau Champlain, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Morlev,

I am so grateful for your kind comments. Very much appreciated!

I will share them with my entire staff.

Looking forward to welcoming you back very shortly.

Hanover, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My son and I stayed at this hotel during a trip to a Montreal Impact soccer game at Stade Saputo. The location was very convenient, because we simply went to the Bonaventure subway station below the hotel, and took the subway to the Vaio station near the stadium. We felt safe on our return trip back to the hotel at about 10 pm. The room was exceptionally clean. My only complaint is that every interaction with the front desk was SLOW. Our check-in agent was very kind, helpful, and knowledgable, but seemed to be typing in the Constitution in order to persuade the computer system to assign our room. Another agent was occupied for a good 30 minutes handling an exception for two other guests. That left one other agent, and a VERY long queue.

I figured that our check-in experience was just a fluke. However, about two hours later, we needed to interact with the front desk again, and it took about 20 minutes simply to get to the front of the line for assistance. I used automated check out to avoid the front desk lines again.

While I would recommend the hotel, and I would stay here again, I would be sure to allow plenty of time for checking in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Cajun_cooker,

I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I am glad that you enjoyed your guest room as well as the location of our hotel.

I regret that your check-in experience did not meet with your expectations, but I am happy to read that you will recommend our hotel and that you will stay here again.

Looking forward to your next visit to Montreal and to the Marriott Château Champlain.