Nice location if you want to be in between all the action in the summer. Can't beat the Hyatt Regency in the Complexe Desjardins if you want to be right on top of the Jazz festival, but this Intercontinental is just a few blocks away from there, and closer to the Vieux Port area. The Quartier Chinois is also close by, so there are many food options. The Notre-Dame de Montreal cathedral is also near.
If you want to self-park, the entrance to the underground garage is on the small street around the corner. Make a right from St-Antoine onto St-Pierre. I paid $23/day for parking. You have to drive down to level 9-12 for hotel parking, so be prepared for a lot of tight turns. Then, there's an elevator for the garage levels and a different one to get to the hotel lobby. The garage parking is underneath a mall/office connected building. It's a little inconvenient, but not that bad.
Hotel lobby is nice but feels a bit old and dark. Staff was very friendly. There were power outages in the city on the day we were there due to fires in the North of Quebec, so the hotel was running on generator, with limited power (only one elevator to rooms), but the staff was very helpful.
We got an "irresistible" suite with a beautiful view of the river. Room was very spacious, more like an apartment, with separate living room. There were two bathrooms. In the big one, there was a stall shower with glass door, and a tub.
We did not eat in the hotel, so many food options around. Fitness room and indoor pool on 10th floor were great.
In all, very comfortable and well-located hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Montreal Hotel Montreal
- Intercontinental Montreal Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bienvenue to the InterContinental Montréal! The hotel is ideally located at the gateway of Old Montreal and the downtown core, twenty minutes from Pierre Elliott Trudeau’s International Airport. Elegantly overlooking the international business area, connected to the Montréal Convention Centre and the underground city, the InterContinental Montréal is perfectly positioned for your next business trip. Minutes away from the Notre-Dame Basilica, the Pointe-à-Callière Montréal Museum of Archaeology and History and the Quartier des spectacles, the hotel also offers a great location for cultural getaways. Begin your day with a succulent buffet breakfast at our Osco! restaurant or exercise in our salted water pool. Upon your return in the evening, enjoy Provencal tapas and an absinthe cocktail at the Sarah B. bar, and benefit from stunning views of the city from your luxurious and spacious guestroom. From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave, you'll experience an authentic Montreal je ne sais quoi! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Orbitz, Agoda, getaroom.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Montreal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.