“Great anniversary weekend in Montreal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Montreal

You added InterContinental Montreal to your Saves list
InterContinental Montreal
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   360 rue St-Antoine Ouest, Montreal, Quebec H2Y 3X4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Flexibility & Breakfast!
Ranked #42 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Toronto
“Great anniversary weekend in Montreal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We booked this hotel last minute, and got a great rate. We arrived just before check-in time, and were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a corner suite (without us mentioning it was a special occasion). The room was fantastic, huge bathroom with separate shower/tub, sitting area, and great views. The bed was fantastic and both my wife and I had a great sleep (which may be more because we were exhausted from seeing the city). The hotel is central to pretty much everything, and we really enjoyed walking around the area. We didn't try any of the amenities.

Room Tip: Ask for room 1130
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
BernardChenevert, General Manager at InterContinental Montreal, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Desikage,
We thank you for taking the time to share your comments with our team following you recent stay with us. We are thrilled to know that you made the most of your Montreal getaway and that you enjoyed our spacious guestrooms, comfortable beds and our great location. We appreciate your 5-star review and we certainly hope to see you again shortly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

My experience in this hotel was as I'd expected since I read the review from our fellow trip advisors. First of all I'm a platinum embassador holder and when I first checked in and welcomed with a yellow smile they told me that I didn't have the services that I'd expect to get from the room same as the other intercontenintal hotels around Canada where there are Free wifi, Free water, Complementary breakfast, or at least a clean room. The A/C in the room were too hot and didn't work since they didn't know how to fix it or even change my room because of it, the only thing I had left to do was pray until my visit in this city is over.

Dear Abdullah A,
We thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with our team following your most recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize that it did not meet your expectations. We are very disappointed to hear about your experience and rest assured that we will take this opportunity to review our procedures.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed here the night of my wedding, and my wife stayed the night before. We had reserved an Executive Suite, room # 2508.

The room was big, nice, had everything we needed. The bathroom was great, the bed was comfortable and the stay was fine. But there were a few things that really bothered me and is why i cannot give my review better than an average rating.

1. It was pretty obvious that nobody had stayed in that room for a little while, and although it may have been cleaned at some point, no attention was given to it for some time because there were very thick layers of DUST on the furniture and tables. Pretty gross if you ask me, especially when you pay the price for an executive suite, you expect not just a clean room, but one that has been cleaned recently. We also found an empty bottle of wine that was in one of the cabinets that must have been sitting there for a while.

2. 3 times i went downstairs to ask for something, and all 3 times i was told to go see the Concierge. 2 of the 3 times i go to see the concierge, he wasn't actually there... i waited and waited and nobody came. The only time the concierge was there, all i needed him to do was to watch a bag for me while i took photos in the wolrd trade center with my bride. The concierge was sitting was serving a customer, so i poked my head in and asked him very nicely and he said " just give me a few minutes sir" ... and since i'm paying my photographer by the hour, and only have so much time, i could not wait.. so when i told him "i really don't have a few minutes, he said "OK" in a rude matter... he interrupted me as all i was going to say is, could you please watch my bag for a little bit. I found that quite disrespectful... didn't make sense to me that they kept sending me to the concierge and nobody was there.

3. It took way too long to get a bellman to bring a trolly up to my room so we could get out of the hotel . We were in a bit of a rush, to make it to a breakfast the next morning, but it was just taking forever... i had gone downstairs to get it myself, but luckily when i came back , the bellman had finally come.

4. I had called downstairs 10 minutes in advance to make sure the Valet got my car so we could leave quickly. When we come downstairs to get the car, the valet tells me " it will be 15 minutes" I didn't understand! I said, i called 10 minutes ago! He said, we are short staffed...

This was a Sunday, on memorial day weekend, how can you be short staffed on an american holiday when the hotel would obviously be busier ? didn't make sense to me.

I work 3 steps away from this hotel, and i'm from Montreal, i chose this hotel because of its location, and because i was going to take photos with my wedding party in the world trade center, because it is connected. The hotel is very nice, but these things really bothered me the most. The room was great, but the dust was pretty gross.

Room Tip: great location in old montreal
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
BernardChenevert, General Manager at InterContinental Montreal, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear MtlRich,
We thank you for your important feedback following your most recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear about the issues you encountered while staying with us and we sincerely apologize we could not make this stay with us perfect. You have brought important points to our attention and all of them will be reviewed with our team in order to ensure that these issues do not reoccur again in the future. Again, we would like to extend our most sincerely apologies to you and your wife. We will be sending a gift certificate to your attention shortly. We sincerely hope that you will take this opportunity to visit us again soon.
Turriff, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We were in the Canada for a long holiday and our good friends invited us for a weekend in Montreal. We decided on the Intercontinental on a recommendation and also it is very central for the city, it also had a pool, one of our criteria. Montreal was very busy on Fri night so thank goodness for the Sat Nav or we would never have found it!! The hotel parking was incredible, 12 floors of underground parking. The hotel is very smart and full of very trendy people.
Rooms were suites with a beautiful bathroom, shower big enough for 2! We ate out both nights so no comment on the dinner, breakfast however was a bit mixedWe were down early and had a fantastic breakfast of fruit, cooked and pastries, service was very slow as there were only two servers, our companions were down a bit later on and everything had gone and they were not offered anything in place. Second day was better, however we missed the pancakes and maple syrup. The bar was another stop off and the choice of wine was a bit limited, no Pinto Grigio! The most incredible part of the stay however was the price of the whisky, I asked for the best whisky they had, I got a Lagavullin and it cost me $48!!!
Overall a good hotel with a few issues around service. Pools a bit small, served it's purpose.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Maretta C,
We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable comments with our team following your stay in our hotel. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our spacious guestrooms and large bathrooms. Also, we thank you for your honest comments on the breakfast served
in our restaurant and the drinks available in our bar as they allow us to constantly improve the quality of service that we offer.
East Haddam, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Its in an ideal spot in Montreal, right at the beginning of old Montreal out of the back entrance, the front entrance is right across the street from the Metro.
Rooms are a really nice size for 2 people. The café downstairs is pricey, but nice to have the option if you are really hungry.
There is also a bixi bike rack (bike rental) out of the back of the hotel, which gives you a nice alternative travel options.
The price is reasonable but when taxes and parking are added it definitely puts the price up there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Our stay at the hotel was wonderful, it's located in a charming part of town adjacent to the palais de congrès. Il est très chic. Trop beaux. We will hopefully return soon. The location is very convenient and the hotel is a master piece a work of art of sorts. We were greeted at the door upon entrance and our bags taken promptly. Met with the concierge which had someone escort us to our lovely suite. This is truly a 5 star. We really enjoyed every minute of it. Just splendid. Would recommend it to anyone traveling to Montreal.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Languagemaniac,
What a pleasure it is to read about your splendid stay in our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful location, the décor and the service you received. We thank you for your 5-star review of our property and we look forward to your next visit.
Boyle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I had the good fortune to stay in the Intercontinental Montreal on a quick visit en-route back to Europe. It was my first experience of staying in an Intercontinental Hotel. It will not be my last. I was greeted at check-in by the marvellous Lisa, a true ambassador for the hotel. I upgraded my stay to a Club Room but as I was a little early for check-in I was assigned a magnificent corner room on the 13th floor. This hotel has everything one would expect of a true 5 star hotel. The service levels in all areas of the hotel are excellent. It's location is super, the décor is splendid but it is the staff that make this hotel work. I look forward to staying again when in Montreal.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Club Room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Naillic,
We are delighted to read about your recent stay in our hotel. Your comments are much appreciated and your kind words regarding our service, our décor and our location will be shared with our team.

Been to InterContinental Montreal? Share your experiences!