Based on reviews I read, I was prepared for the Intercontinental Montreal to be not as luxurious as my previous experience with Intercontinental. This was not the case. The room and facilities are great - just as luxurious as others.
Where the experience fell short was in the service. Check in went smoothly and though my room was not ready I was given access to the club lounge to rest and relax while waiting. We did, however have to get ready for an event and when I returned to the desk to ask where to go to change, I was met by a gentleman who was quite pushy and presumptuous. I am a club member, but even were I not, his response to my requests was belligerent and dismissive. We wanted to check our bags and go up to the fitness club to change - nothing special in that request. Once he consulted with the front desk, he returned and did try to help out. It left an impression though.
Whenever we went to the front desk or called they were always very busy, with a line, and were at times abrupt and impatient. We only saw the concierge for the club lounge during the cocktail hour, so we were not able to get information we needed about the area. At other Intercontinental hotels there was a 24 hour concierge for the club members, so I was surprised by the absence.
Overall, while it has a high end feel the service experience does not live up to the Intercontinental brand and at a premium rate I would consider other hotels in the area before returning to this one.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Montreal Hotel Montreal
- Intercontinental Montreal Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bienvenue to the InterContinental Montréal! The hotel is ideally located at the gateway of Old Montreal and the downtown core, twenty minutes from Pierre Elliott Trudeau’s International Airport. Elegantly overlooking the international business area, connected to the Montréal Convention Centre and the underground city, the InterContinental Montréal is perfectly positioned for your next business trip. Minutes away from the Notre-Dame Basilica, the Pointe-à-Callière Montréal Museum of Archaeology and History and the Quartier des spectacles, the hotel also offers a great location for cultural getaways. Begin your day with a succulent buffet breakfast at our Osco! restaurant or exercise in our salted water pool. Upon your return in the evening, enjoy Provencal tapas and an absinthe cocktail at the Sarah B. bar, and benefit from stunning views of the city from your luxurious and spacious guestroom. From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave, you'll experience an authentic Montreal je ne sais quoi! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Agoda, getaroom.com, Priceline, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Montreal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.