Stayed here 3 nights with my husband in a Club King Room. Hotel was in a great location for all the things we wanted to do. Old Montreal is at your doorstep and the subway is connected to the hotel for moving about. St. Catherine Street is a 3 minute walk for great shopping.
Sleep was fantastic. We were on the 25th floor and heard NOTHING.
We hit the absinthe bar one night for a late night drink and enjoyed the private room we had to sip on pure absinthe. Very fun experience.
We had access to the club intercontinental which gave us free breakfast and free early evening food and unlimited drinks, including hard liquor and wine from 5:30 to 7:30, WIFI and papers to read in the club room. All this came in handy for us. Great place to relax an fuel up after shopping and touring around.
I did find that the hotel and the room were dark in lighting. I found myself struggling to find a spot with good light to organize things or get ready for the day. It feels like an "evening" hotel even in the daytime.
It was clean but my washroom was looking a bit old and in need of a new tub.
Elevators were slow and one was under repair more than once during our stay. We had a useless view from our room. Faced another wing of the hotel. We looked down onto the shopping concourse and had to strain our necks to see any view of the city.
The hotel is attached to a great concourse for shopping, and includes a part of the Berlin Wall, which was given to the City of Montreal for its birthday. Very interesting.
I would stay here again. It was a very relaxing stay. GREAT location for doing anything in this city. It was funky and romantic at the same time.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Montreal Hotel
- Intercontinental Montreal Hotel Montreal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bienvenue to the InterContinental Montréal! The hotel is ideally located at the gateway of Old Montreal and the downtown core, twenty minutes from Pierre Elliott Trudeau’s International Airport. Elegantly overlooking the international business area, connected to the Montréal Convention Centre and the underground city, the InterContinental Montréal is perfectly positioned for your next business trip. Minutes away from the Notre-Dame Basilica, the Pointe-à-Callière Montréal Museum of Archaeology and History and the Quartier des spectacles, the hotel also offers a great location for cultural getaways. Begin your day with a succulent buffet breakfast at our Osco! restaurant or exercise in our salted water pool. Upon your return in the evening, enjoy Provencal tapas and an absinthe cocktail at the Sarah B. bar, and benefit from stunning views of the city from your luxurious and spacious guestroom. From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave, you'll experience an authentic Montreal je ne sais quoi! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Montreal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.