“Fantastic hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Bonaventure Montreal

You added Hotel Bonaventure Montreal to your Saves list
Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 De La Gauchetiere W, Montreal, Quebec H5A 1E4, Canada (Centre-Ville (Downtown))   |
Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #40 of 162 Hotels in Montreal
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay here. The room was incredible, extremely spacious with an extra large bed (probably the most comfortable I've ever slept in), a duvet instead of sheets which I love, fast internet in the rooms, high quality coffee making facilities and great toiletries replenished daily. The staff were very accommodating. Location is excellent, just a shirt stroll from the main shopping street. Even saw a few Formula 1 celebrities in the hotel during my stay which made the atmosphere very lively to say the least. Highly recommended.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Christina P, General Manager at Hotel Bonaventure Montreal, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Fantastic review! We enjoyed having you with us and we thank you for the many great compliments you wrote for our hotel and our team. We look forward to your next visit...F1 celebrities this visit, who knows who you might run into next time?

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

While visiting this hotel, I am glad it was brief. The woman at the registration desk was very rude and snobbish. The doorman was very helpful. We asked him directions to several locations and he mapped them out for us. If you are at a BelleCentre event, this hotel is very close. However, there are several others in the area where all staff are friendly and helpful. I would recommend Hilton Garden Inn or Marriott.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Christina P, General Manager at Hotel Bonaventure Montreal, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to read that our front desk agent was not courteous to you. Please accept my sincerest apologies. I assure you that I will follow-up on this as we endeavor to offer good experiences to all our guests.

I am glad that our doorman was helpful and I will be sure to congratulate him for his excellent service. We hope that the rest of your stay was enjoyable and that we will have the opportunity soon to show you the level of service you deserve.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

My husband, baby and I stayed at this hotel for an extended period over a three month period. We were impressed by the quality and service we received from the staff and reception with respect to all requests. All requests were addressed in a prompt and friendly manner and they went above and beyond our experiences in other hotels. They were so accommodating to us we felt like they were family. The breakfast buffets were the best we've ever had. Everything was fresh and cooked well and there was a lot of variety so something for everyone. The staff served us so well and we're so nice to us we were sad to leave. Thank you to the hotel and it's employees for making our stay so
pleasant.

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for the top score and superb review of our hotel! We truly appreciated your family's visit here and the whole team would love to see you again this summer.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Stayed for a night on a business trip. Its connected to the Via train station but remember if you have heavy luggae to drag, make sure you have strenghth in your arms, Stairs are encountered along the passage to the hotel entry. Check in is smooth but getting to the room is a bit of a surprise. The rooms are spread on both sides of the lobby level. Dragging luggage on carpets and slopes (lots of carpetted stairs) is bit challenging. Once inside the room, its all nice. No complaints, except the entry passage to the rooms is challenging if you have heavy luggage. The outdoor pool is heated !

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Christina P, General Manager at Hotel Bonaventure Montreal, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for your comment. I am sorry to read that you had difficulty with our stairs. I will ensure that our staff will be more diligent about offering their help and also indicate where the guest elevator for the rooms is situated. I am glad that you liked the room itself. We hope to welcome you again soon!
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Overall my stay was great. The hotel is located very close to Old Montreal, and I was able to walk through tunnels to minimize my time outside (it was -15C during my stay). The room was beautiful and clean, the facilities are great, I haven't used the outdoor heated pool but it looked awesome. I have used the fitness center every day and it's very well equipped and open 24 hours.

One thing I disliked is the organization of the hotel. Getting to my room required going up two flights of stairs (no elevator) and then going down two flights of stairs (again, no elevator). I wouldn't mind the stairs but with lugging a suitcase over them is definitely not fun.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Many thanks for your very nice review! It is great of you to mention how convenient you found our location to be, how your enjoyed your clean room and especially the gym. Please accept my sincerest apologies that we did not show you where the elevator for the guestrooms was situated. It is near the front desk counter. We'd be pleased to direct you to it on your next visit. See you soon!
Essex, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This hotel is a bit old, but the rooms are well appointed, as are all Hilton rooms, and very clean and well cared for. But the really great draw, especially in the winter, is the heated outdoor pool. There is a very nice and large exercise room with new equipment, so get a workout, shower off and relax in the heated pool as the snow falls down on you! We go every year just for this experience, but the hotel is well situated within walking distance from St. Catherine and the old City.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Christina P, General Manager at Hotel Bonaventure Montreal, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for noting the cleanliness of our hotel and our health club facilities in your review. We appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit!
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

My girlfriend and I just got back from a "girl's night" in Montreal - and we stayed at this hotel.

A couple negatives:

Our room was tiny (we had two double beds), and the bathroom was VERY tiny. When I went to take a shower the next morning, the water came out yellow and cold. These weren't huge issues, but for the price, it would have been nice to have a slightly bigger room/bathroom and hot water.

The positives:

Great location, but a bit tricky to find at first. Very nondescript entrance. Connected underground to the central station and loads of shopping centres. Close to restaurants and bars, and shopping on rue Sainte-Catherine.

Friendly and helpful staff. Everyone spoke English, and well.

All in all, it was a pleasant stay. Would probably stay there again in the winter only (the underground was fantastic in combatting this lousy Smarch weather!)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Christina P, General Manager at Hotel Bonaventure Montreal, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for your detailed review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff to be helpful. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the water issue you encountered. It is unusual and I will have that investigated by our plumbers. We'd love to see you again and please do not hesitate to ask for a larger room.

Been to Hotel Bonaventure Montreal? Share your experiences!