“Great Downtown Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Montreal Bonaventure

Save Saved
You added Hilton Montreal Bonaventure to your Saves list
Hilton Montreal Bonaventure
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 De La Gauchetiere W, Montreal, Quebec H5A 1E4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #41 of 164 hotels in Montreal
GreenLeadersBronze level
Georgetown, Kentucky
“Great Downtown Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is an older property but well maintained. The rooms are very comfortable with the usual Hilton amenities. The executive lounge in nicely laid out and serve a solid breakfast. The pool area is also very pleasant, being heated in the colder months. The building the hotel sets on top of Bonaventure Place and is connected to the underground shopping area.
This is my go to downtown Montreal hotel.

Room Tip: The garden view rooms are lovely during the warmer months.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
LouisRobertHandfield, General Manager at Hilton Montreal Bonaventure, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

When planning your trip to Montreal, do not hesitate to contact me directly so I can attend to your requirements personally.

1,033 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Long Island City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Montreal Bonaventure for the first time for New Years eve through New Years Day. My experience was fabulous. Bruno at the front Desk was fantastic and a pleasure to speak to. Check-in was smooth. The hotel was greatly accommodating especially with my late check-in. They extended my check-out as well. C'était fantastic!
The pool is magnificent as wel. Heated Pool during Winter!! What more could one ask for.
I will be returning again soon.

Room Tip: Rooms can seem a bit spread out and difficult to navigate
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
LouisRobertHandfield, General Manager at Hilton Montreal Bonaventure, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team. We took good note of your comment regarding the consistency of service at the concierge desk and will be reviewing our coverage with our Chef Concierge.

Should you be planning a future trip to Montreal, do not hesitate to contact me directly so I can attend to your requirements personally.

Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by the great qualities of this Hilton. My husband is a Hilton Honors member so we primarily stay in Hiltons. From our recollection, this is one of our favorites so far. This hotel occupies the top-2 floors of The Bonaventure Convention Center. We stayed in room 2230 and found it to have a lovely view of a pine tree, a running stream, and it was extremely quiet despite the hotel being completely sold out (perhaps it was built with concrete?). The room was very clean, well appointed, and had a mini-fridge and safe in it. The breakfast was very nice with a wide variety of foods. Our first night's dinner at the Bonaventure Bar was also very good (risotto and salmon dishes).We did not get a chance to use the heated, outdoor pool but it looked spectacular in the mid-winter snow.

We do not know Montreal well but found the location to be quite convenient for our purposes. We used the indoor passages to get closer to the Old City and Center Bell, purchased a few gifts at the indoor shops, and arriving to/from the highway was a breeze. Depending on who you ended up with at concierge, the service was either excellente or not-so-helpful. But that is truly our only negative comment. They also accept pets! We look forward to returning to this Hilton soon!

Room Tip: We enjoyed our top-floor room with no guests staying above us. I ask for rooms near the end of a ha...
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team. We took good note regarding your comment on consistency of concierge service. We will be reviewing our covergage with our chef concierge.

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Very nice hotel, excellent pool, and service. Was very pleasantly supprised by the restaurant menu, which was very nice, and good value for money. Hotel is centrally located as well. Metro is just downstairs, so that made it easy to get around.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
LouisRobertHandfield, General Manager at Hilton Montreal Bonaventure, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team. We took special note of your kiind comments regarding the food and beverage quality.

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We have stayed many times at the Bonaventure in Montreal, and its basic advantages remain the same -- the great rooftop outdoor swimming pool, open year-round, its attractive gardens with their photogenic duck population, and its well designed rooms. Some years back the hotel contracted its restaurants, which we regarded as a minus, but this year we made a surprising discovery. Stuck indoors in one of Montreal's bouts of bad weather, we resorted to the bar, expecting ... well .. bar food. What came was a sophisticated menu and a most attractive selection of foods to meet a variety of tastes. I had tapas, and my wife had a fabulous organic soup. This suggests that the Bonaventure is worth considering for its food as well as its other amenities.

Room Tip: Go for the garden side -- the windows open, and the view is quite lovely (and quiet).
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team. We were particularly pleased to read about your dinning experience.

Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Love this hotel! I have stayed at other hotels in Montreal and i have to say this is my favourite.It may be an acquired taste but, I love the retro look of this hotel. So, for those of you that are used to staying at ' Fairmont type, hotels (note: i have stayed at Fairmonts) this look may not be for you. But if you do dig it, give it a try.

The food was superb. I had the steak tartare at the mini resto/lounge in the middle of the hotel (sorry don't remember the name). It was my first time trying and it was fantastic, turned me onto it. You would never suspect that sort of quality from a hotel restaurant but, Hilton got it right. There are two other restaurants in the hotel which are a bit more pricey.

The staff was friendly and the facilities clean. We had room service for breakfast one day and it was brought in on a table cart with heat source. Amazing and Delicious!

The hotel is right beside le centrale gare (train station) and is very central to most things. So you can either walk to your final destination or catch the metro next door.

I will be staying here again for my next visit.

Room Tip: Try to get room facing courtyard or direct pool access.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team. We were delighted to read about your first Tartare Steak experience. The food and beverage team put a lot of thoughts into their new menu offering and are happy to receive such feed-back.

Greenfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a total of three times in the last 10 months. I initially choose it because my oldest son had recommended it. He absolutely loved the cool rooftop pool that is heated, especially when it is snowing outside. It is in a very convenient location with an easy walk to most places, close to public transportation, and a quick and accessible cab ride to other places a little further out. It's a good value for the amenities offered. The rooms are very comfortable and well appointed. The layout of the rooms is a little funky. It is a bit confusing locating your room for the first time...kind of maze like. The wait for the elevator to go down to the ground floor is sometimes long. The staff are friendly and helpful. I saw the same staff there all three times that I visited, which is a great sign. The concierge had amazing recommendations for places to eat and visit. He called and made reservations for us at a restaurant and sent us to the a really great cafe when I was in the mood for a special dessert and some great coffee. My daughter and son in law came with us on one occasion and they enjoyed an in room massage that they said was fantastic. We have enjoyed an incredible breakfast buffet in the main dining two times. Lots of hot and cold food choices and ton of fresh fruit variety. Great breads, pastries, and spreads. Meats and cheeses and very fresh smoked salmon, capers, and red onions. Eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, baked beans, oatmeal, yogurt, cereal, juices...honestly you will not leave hungry and this is extremely high quality food that the kitchen staff monitor constantly to ensure everything is replenished and fresh. I cannot give it five stars because the last time I was there room service missed one of our orders and there were only two of us eating, The women who answered the phone did not seem familiar with the menu when I asked what came with my entree. I was also on hold for a very long time. I will say that the staff who delivered our food immediately had our missing order placed and we did receive it within 15 minutes. I appreciated that. I am planning on staying there again for a few days at the end of December 2012. I do enjoy the hotel and will continue to stay there when I visit Montreal.

Room Tip: Don't bother with paying more for the garden view in the winter months...the view is not impress...
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team. We took good note of your room service experience and will make sure that all attendants receive the proper training on the new menu offering.
When planning your upcoming trip to Montreal, do not hesitate to contact me directly so I can attend to your requirements personally. In fact, I will be on property during the holidays. Do not hesitate to drop by the office, it would be a pleasure to greet you personally.

Best Regards.

Been to Hilton Montreal Bonaventure? Share your experiences!