“Nice Hotel near McGill Universuty” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
25% off room rate
Ranked #16 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
New York City, New York
“Nice Hotel near McGill Universuty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed one night at Hotel Germain in Montreal. It is a very nice hotel near McGill University, well located overall. The service was good; the room very comfortable with all you can expect; free internet and the room was nicely appointed. I had breakfast and it was good with a nice selection. I will come back to Le Germain for my next stop in Montreal. The only advise I would give management is to get better quality suits to their receptionists. The black suit uniform was worn out and of poor quality and should be changed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jacques-Alexand... P, General Manager at Hotel Le Germain Montreal, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear talamenthe,
Thank you for your review and your kind words about the hotel, and thank you as well for your comments about the suits of our employees. We have been in the process of changing them for a few weeks now, and have finally received everything about two weeks ago. Our receptionnists now wear a grey suit, with a blue shirt and a blue tie. For the female, we always have the beautiful Marie St Pierre dresses.
You will have to come back soon to give me your comments on our summer suits. And for the fall, we will change the tie to a red one, so it fits with the outside colours.

We look forward to welcome you soon.
Warmest regards,
Jacques-Alexandre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The room was great - loved the shower and the comfy bed. Even the Queen Superior room didn't feel cramped. The location was also excellent - just around the corner from all the best shopping in Montreal.

However there were a few small issues that make me feel inclined to book somewhere else when I return next summer. We arrived 45 minutes before check-in, and our room wasn't ready yet, which was a little bit hard to believe. We didn't receive turn-down service on our first night. We requested a one hour late check-out on our last day, which was swiftly denied and seemed rather chintzy. The continental breakfast that was included in the room was not viewed as a benefit, as it meant that we could not explore Montreal for fun, unique brunch options. I would have much rather paid a bit less and not had breakfast included in the rate.

Of course, these negatives are all relatively minor, but they do add up. I will definitely be trying a new hotel on my next visit!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rebecca S
Thank you for your review and comments.
I am pleased to read you enjoyed our room as well as our location.

You visited us during a busy period, when almost all our rooms were sold. We try our best every days to accomodate our guests by giving them their room as soon as possible, and try at the same time to find a balance and allow late check out, so people can enjoy their room and our hotel as long as possibe. I am sorry to read that we have not been able to give you your key, even 45 minutes before check in, as well as a late check out.

Your comment about our turndown service made my team and I thought and we are evaluating the change of our procedure regarding turndown and see what we can do so the experience of each of our guests reach their expectation.

Once again, thank you for your comments. It helps us to be better.

I really hope we will have the chance of welcoming you in a near future.
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was a beautiful hotel. The rooms were decked out with everything you could need and were spacious. There was even a walk in closet!
The staff were very nice and attentive and went out of their way to make sure you had what you needed.
I guess my only issue was the room felt 'cold'. I did not feel 100% comfortable in my room and as such had a terrible nights sleep.
I think the way the room was set up and perhaps my view of office buildings directly across from me made it feel this way.
The bed was facing the door which did not feel right either.
The bathroom was modern and nice but only had a shower, no bath. I like to have a bath when I am travelling at night for relaxing.
It was the most expensive hotel I stayed during my business trip across Canada and my least favorite. Saying that though, it was a stunning hotel just not to my taste.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jacques-Alexand... P, General Manager at Hotel Le Germain Montreal, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Natalie O,
Thank you for your review.
We have different room set up and configuration, even for the same room category. If we have the chance of welcoming you again, we will be more than happy to reserve a room ending by x03. It is a deluxe room, with a bathtub, as well as a street view, and the bed is not facing the door. This room will certainly meet your expectations! We would be pleased to explain you all the rooms differences upon your next reservation, as well as plan a tour of the different room types upon your arrival to make sure the room we will reserve you suits your needs.
We sincerely hope to have the chance of welcoming you again,
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Wonderful magnificent weekend in Montreal, celebrating our anniversary.
Andre is the best Concierge in the city and is absolutely amazing. This gentleman could not do enough for us and really knows, the ins and outs of magical Centre Ville. This hotel does not disappoint, from the comfort of the rooms, to the in house breakfast and all the complementary extras. We will be seeing you again!

Kindest Regards
From Ottawa

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear J L,
Thank you very much for your kind words.
I will definitely share them with André and our team.
We look forward to welcome you again really soon.
Warm regards from Montréal,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for vacation in Montreal at Hotel La Germain and it was a wonderful experience! Traveling for work and staying at so many major hotel chains, it was refreshing to enjoy very nice stylish, boutique accommodations that offered the value of great service, lovely complimentary breakfast and free WiFi. The staff were helpful, the bed was quite comfortable, you were supplied with free in-room water and more for day excursions. The apples at the elevator were a great touch. I absolutely loved that they had a recycling container right in the room-this is the first time I have ever seen this in a hotel. Makes so much sense it's hard to understand why others haven't done this, but great to see. Very convenient to the metro as well, great downtown location. Will visit again!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear TimetoC,
Thank you for your review.
The green apples are a Germain Hotel signature. You will find them in our five properties across Canada.
I am pleased to read that those details made a difference.
We look forward to welcome you during your next trip to Montreal.
Warm regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed at the hotel with some girlfriends for our yearly get-away vacation. Hotel had great amenities and was comfortable...very modern and clean. The room had all conveniences that were needed and breakfast was included, which was very convenient for a busy day ahead with the girls. The staff was extremely helpful and so very friendly. Jonathan at the front desk helped so much with helping us find places on our map, and Andre the concierge was unbelievably helpful and friendly. He made excellent suggestions for dinner and helped by making our reservations. He had terrific suggestions for activities during the day as well. All other staff was so gracious and friendly as well...everyone worked together as a team to make our stay comfortable and to make us happy! A wonderful hotel and fantastic staff...a definite high-ranking recommendation for anyone visiting Montreal!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Marral A
Thank you for taking the time to comment your last stay with us.
Team spirit is one of our corporate value and I am pleased to read that, as a team, we made you and your girlfriends "happy" for your yearly get-away vacation.
We sincerely look forward to welcome you soon.
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

From booking to check-out and everything in between, our stay at this boutique hotel was perfect. Personal, professional and very friendly service. Breakfast was included and one of the best hot/cold continentals we've had anywhere...
Special thanks to Concierge "Andre" and "Abby" at the front desk for all their help; excellent suggestions and always went the extra mile to make our stay that much better.
Please note, we travel extensively and rarely take the time to rate a hotel.....this time, we cant help but share our great experience about Hotel Le Germain.....we'll never stay anywhere else again in downtown Montreal!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear 4travellinBs
Thank you for your wonderful review.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us.
We look forward to welcome you again in a near future.

Warm regards,
Jacques-Alexandre

Been to Hotel Le Germain Montreal? Share your experiences!