“Nice Stay For a Hotwire Deal” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Montreal Centre-Ville

You added Holiday Inn Montreal Centre-Ville to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Montreal Centre-Ville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   99 Viger Avenue & St. Urbain St., Montreal, Quebec H2Z 1E9, Canada (Ville-Marie)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Flexibility & Breakfast!
Ranked #87 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Toronto, ON
“Nice Stay For a Hotwire Deal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

Our stay at Holiday Inn was a decent one. The staff was friendly and our room was okay. However (and this is a big however), the carpet in our room was absolutely mortifying! There were a number of stains - some which looked as old as the hotel itself. We were afraid to take out shoes of at all times.
Long story short: it was a good deal but be prepared to toss your socks upon checking out.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

Basically I joined a Chinese tour group and stayed here. Although I have employee discount because I also work for IHG but because I am in a tour I don't get the discount but it is totally fine. The hotel looks very old, the rooms, the lobby, the exterior, everything looks outdated and I felt like I went back to the 80s. The room was very old looking and outdated, it had a "old" smell, we didn't want to touch anything without sanitizing them. The lobby was dark and they should have more lights to give people a welcoming feeling, and at least just so people can find their way.

My experience was this: I was hoping to give my tour guide a call because I left something on the tour coach bus. I saw a house phone in the lobby so I picked it up, and there was no answer. So I went to the front desk and waited (we were the only two people in the whole lobby). I saw a couple of people in the back office but I was polite enough to wait. Then, 2 staffs and 1 night manager came out from the back office, only 1 greeted me but not the others because they were chatting. The only one who greeted me (I meant he just said Hello with no smile) asked me to pick up the house phone beside the front desk instead of the first one I had, which was fine to me. I picked up the house phone, then this guy was working on something, then turned around and joined the conversation of the other two men, then transferred my call, but that was after like 5 rings! Thumbs up to this kind of service.

I do want to comment on two positives though:

We liked the complimentary shampoo/conditioner/lotion because they were Bath & Body Works, but as an IHG employee I think that is not what it's suppose to be according to standard.

The location was absolutely great because it is so close to the Old Montreal and Notre-Dame Basilica. Although the hotel is in Chinese town, we do not recommend you to any of those Chinese restaurant because they taste like Mandarin buffet, which is bad.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Longueuil
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

We were a group of six friends meeting for a pre-Christmas breakfast at Chez Chine Restaurant of the Holiday Inn Select near China Town in Montreal. We'd been there many years ago and had loved its decor, food and service. Unfortunately, this time was a big disappointment! The buffet was very limited and the food was lukewarm and had no taste. The price was also rather high for the quality of the food. The waiter also took a long time before picking up our plates even though the restaurant was almost empty (now we know why). We've been to other Holiday Inn restaurants and always found the food and service up to par. I'm sorry to say that the only good point about this place is the decor.

Startrekkers

Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

This hotel has a great location - just outside of Chinatown, across the street from the Metro and a short walk to shopping on St. Catherine, the Latin Quarter and Old Montreal.

My biggest complaint is that many consider this to be a 3 1/2 star hotel - maybe it is 2 1/2 stars. The rooms were big, but there was a musty smell to the hotel and the air quality in the room was REALLY dry.

If I had paid full price, I would never recommend this hotel. But I got the room through one of those blind Hotwire deals and for the price I paid, this was perfectly adequate.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011 via mobile

I have been to several Holida Inn locations, includin Holiday Inn express, and this is by far the worst. The floor I staued on had a thick odour of urine just outside the elevator doors, which was more than enough to put me off. The building is incredibly run down, and the car park is horrifyingly neglected. Do not stay at this location if you value an enjoying stay.

• Stayed November 2011
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

We were here on anniversary. We mainly chose the hotel based on location as we wanted to be close to Old Montreal where we spent most of our time. Our rate included breakfast and it was delicious! Nothing fancy but satisfying. The breakfast area was interesting looking. The staff at breakfast were also very helpful.

The room was spacious and clean, on the executive floor with a nice flat screen tv and decent view. The bed was very comfortable!

The check in process was very quiet and awkward. The agent was nice but it would be better to offer more information about the hotel amenities upon check in. When we had a question, we called, the front desk agent gave us the answer then when we thanked her, she just hung up... not even a "my pleasure" or "you're welcome" or "bye".

I thought it was odd how the Front Desk was on the second floor, but I'd also like to add that it was a good thing to have the key card access at the front door for security. However, we never saw anyone at Concierge desk.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

I stayed here for a conference for 3 nights, and brought my husband and 2 young children along. The price was good for the location - right across the street from the subway, steps from Old Montreal, shopping, and restaurants. Our room could be updated and the room was facing the fire station so there were sirens occasionally (but it's a big, busy city so what can you do?) We were comfortable. The kids were able to enjoy the pool area - the pool was cold, however. The concierge was especially helpful and extremely friendly. The cost of the buffet breakfast was not a super value ($20) but the food was ok. There was an additional cost for parking ($23/day). Overall, it was a good - nothing extraordinary but a decent choice as a base to explore the city or for a business trip.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Montreal Centre-Ville? Share your experiences!