“Excellent Hotel ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Omni Mont-Royal

You added Hotel Omni Mont-Royal to your Saves list
Hotel Omni Mont-Royal
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1050 Sherbrooke St. W., Montreal, Quebec H3A 2R6, Canada (Ville-Marie)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #21 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Hotel ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I use this hotel regularly for business. The rooms are tastefully furnished, well maintained and have quality linens. I especially enjoy the complimentary coffee delivery each morning that is provided to those who join Omni's preferred guest program. The hotel is in a convenient location downtown where you will find a plethora of great restaurants and shopping. The staff are all pleasant and helpful.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
OmniMgr, General Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear cl2walker,

I'd like to offer my gratitude for your positive review of the Hotel Omni Mont-Royal. Our Select Guest program is a great way for guests to add value to our stay and I'm delighted to read that you took advantage of the membership. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we will have an opportunity to have you stay with us again soon.

Hotel Omni Mont-Royal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I stayed at the Omni while traveling to Montreal for a conference. The conference was at the Centre Mont Royal which is a 2 minute walk from the hotel. The hotel is located in a great area with all the restaurants and place to see right around it. The check-in was easy and the staff was very friendly. My room was on the 25th floor and was very clean and spacious. It was my birthday on one of the days of my stay and my husband called the hotel from the US to have a surprise cake delivery made at midnight. The hotel did a great job of co-ordinating everything and even gave me 3 extra cheesecakes as a birthday present, great customer service! Overall, I had a great and comfortable stay at the Omni.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear ecstatica,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a complimentary review of your recent stay at the Hotel Omni Mont-Royal. I'm thrilled that my associates were able to work with your husband to make sure your birthday away from home was a special one. If you return to Montreal, I hope that you will once again consider us for your accommodations.

Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Right outside the gates of McGill, this hotel is pretty much central to everything there is to do in Montreal. Door staff are incredibly friendly as are the front desk staff. Rooms are nice (upper levels offer far superior views of either the city or the university/mountain (hill) Food is a little pricey and the rooms can "sometimes" be a little musty. I've stayed before and found this. However, this time out that was not an issue to be fair to the hotel. For the record, the staff relocated me the last time and were more than willing to address my issues. Given some of the near by choices, this is a good pick when considering all things.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Darryl L,

I'm grateful for the opportunity to read about your experiences at our hotel. While I wish they had all been perfect, I am happy to read that our associates have always worked with you to make sure that your concerns are addressed. Thank you for your business and your review and I look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We needed a nice, highly rated hotel in downtown Montreal for 2 nights while winding our way South from the Laurentians. Omni Hotel's location and amenities were very reasonable considering the location. Front desk staff told us of a way to get free internet by signing up to Omni hotel web service which saved us bucks. Valet parking pricey, but parking in town difficult to come by. Would stay again if for business purposes.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear rogeriop359,

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Omni Mont-Royal as part of our your trip south from the Laurentians. I appreciate all of your feedback and I'm glad you were able to take advantage of the Select Guest Perks, It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back for a future stay at our hotel.

San Francisco, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stayed with my son at the Omni on a visit to Montreal for a family event. It was in a great location and the staff was friendly and helpful. Our room (on the 29th floor) was spacious, clean and quiet. I would definitely stay at the Omni again in Montreal!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

OmniMgr, Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Rachel P,

I'm delighted to read that you would consider staying with us for future visits. Thank you for your review and please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay enjoyable.

Powell, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

The minute I walked in I was happy; the lobby is clean, warm, and smells and looks great. The desk reception people were right there to help me, little to no waiting. All the staff I encountered were eager to help and friendly, happy, making my experience wonderful. The room was clean, spacious, comfortable. The only things I would change is having a softer light for the nighttime bathroom run, and one night there were strange city sounds which kept me awake. But the hotel was fantastic, and the food and service wonderful. I highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Tamara K,

Thank you for your complimentary review of the Hotel Omni Mont-Royal. I was pleased to read that you immediately felt welcomed by our lobby and our associates. Your recommendation is the highest compliment you can give us and for that I'm grateful. I hope we will have a future opportunity to welcome you back.

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

If this is the 20th best hotel in Montreal, I'd hate to see the others. The only positives are the size of the rooms (large) and the location (excellent). But everything else is a disaster. The staff are incredibly rude, particularly at the front desk, the bar, and the restaurant. The heating/cooling system works when it feels like it. And the internet -- an absolute joke. Not only is it painfully slow both in the rooms and in the lobby, you are expected to pay $11 for 3MB or $17 for 6MB, which is enough to send a couple of emails and open a few web pages. Even worse, the hotel actually claims -- presumably with a straight face -- that the "premium" package allows you to play games onlilne or use skype. Good luck with that on 6MBs. The hotel is basically committing fraud.

Avoid the hotel unless it's absolutely necessary.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
OmniMgr, General Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear KJH1967,

I was very disappointed to read about your experience at our hotel and wish to thank you for allowing us to know about your frustrations. The wifi system is currently being upgraded so that guests can enjoy a better quality reception and I regret that this was not done prior to your stay. I must apologize that you did not have warmer interactions with our associates. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service and I’m disappointed that this was not reflected in your stay. I hope that the future will give us another opportunity to have you stay with us so we may provide you with the flawless experience that our guests expect and deserve.

Hotel Omni Mont-Royal

Been to Hotel Omni Mont-Royal? Share your experiences!