“Does the trick, but only at the right price” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7700 Cote de Liesse, Montreal, Quebec H4T 1E7, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #100 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Manchester, Connecticut
“Does the trick, but only at the right price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

What you need to know about this hotel are its two main drawbacks. First, it is far from the metro. You cannot walk there. You have to take a taxi or a bus (take bus 100 or 460; walk out of the hotel and turn right about 200 feet to the bus stop). The bus is $3 each way but includes a metro transfer. Second, this part of town is under road construction -- serious, multi-year road work. Your GPS nav system may fail to route you so be prepared with a mental map or paper road map to help you.

Two of the three front desk clerks whom I approached gave us a snotty attitude, which we think was because we don't speak French.

If you can afford a nice hotel in the Old Town, then do it. If not, only stay here if you think you will save money and don't mind the inconvenience of negotiating bus and metro to reach your destinations.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
NaderAbdelnour, Manager at Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
The hotel management wish to apologize for the inconvenience, the hotel does offer a complementary shuttle to take our guests to the Metro station which is located 10 minutes away (Du College or De La Savane) however we only go there between 10 AM to 3 PM and again after 7:00 PM till Midnight the time of the last metro to avoid the heavy traffic

As for the road construction the easiest way to avoid that is to use Hi way 13 instead of the Exit Cote De Liesse as avoid the Montee de Liesse exit where all the repairs are

I apologize on behalf of the whole staff for the impression you got from the 2 Front Desk agents, but most certainly we welcome all type of guests as 50% of our guests are English speaking

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This hotel is just okay. Room was quite small and tired looking with very basic amenities. I found there to be an unpleasant odour in the hallways and room.... kind of smelled like a sweaty gym. The positive qualities of the hotel were the friendly staff, free shuttle and restaurant onsite (food was alright - nothing great). Doubt I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I have stayed here 3 times now and usually everything goes well.
The rooms are clean and heating and cooling systems work well. Staff are always friendly and the parking deal is a good idea.

This is a great hotel for travellers if you need to be near the airport.
I would caution buyers to check and get in writing the price of the room beforehand to avoid surprises at check-out which is what happened to me.

I booked a room for $114 which became 127$ when I checked out.

One of 2 scenarios is possible:
1) The bed and breakfast deal, although booked for 2 people only included breakfast for 1
2) The price of the bed and breakfast deal was changed bewteen my booking it and checking out
At the desk I was told that there was an extra cost for the second breakfast, that's 13$ for one person!!!
Even more interesting: I then went onto the website and booked the same deal again and the price came up $114!!!

I am not certain what is going on here but I was disappointed that the 2 adults and one breakfast was not made clear beforehand. Upon checking my confirmation, it clearly lists 2 adults and no price for the room.
Please make sure you have the price for your room before checking in.

Room Tip: Don't bother with breakfast here - it's way too expensive for what it is
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
NaderAbdelnour, Manager at Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
The hotel management wish to apologize for the inconvenience, the Bed & Breakfast Package is indeed at 114$ for 2 people staying in a Queen size bed, and what happened is that the room type was upgraded to a King size bed which resulted in the 9.00$ increase
Please contact the hotel directly and we are more than happy to waive the 9$ extra charged on your card
Outaouais
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed there before our family trip to Cuba. I started to speak with a lady at the reception and told her my preference for a corner room and did not get it. She had to answer the telephone and a man took over. It seems that the client is not important - the telephone is the priority - not the person in front of you. Although the hotel is clean, the lobby is old and needs to be renovated. The rooms need some tender loving care and should be renovated as well. The hallways are dark and their is a stale smell. This is my third and last stay at this property. The location is convenient but I will not return or recommend this property. The shuttle service is good but the driver left us to our car in the parking lot and my husband had to walk in the rain to ask somebody in the office to open the gate. The gentleman at the desk thinks he has everything under control but he did not listen to me and will not see us again at this hotel. The Hilton Garden Inn next door will be my choice for our future vacation.

Room Tip: They do not listen . . .
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I had made reservation for the long weekend in Aug. As per the advertised policy in the booking websites for this hotel, it was clearly indicated that pets were allowed and hence I had made the reservation. I also received an email confirming that pets will be accepted along with other check-in & hotel details. Just a day before the travel, I called up to reconfirm my booking and during that time the Hotel representatives indicate that they don't allow pets. This was ridiculous. We were now left with no other bookings and this spoiled our entire vacation. Very disappointing and will never deal with this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We sincerely wish to apologize for this unfortunate situation, the Hotel indeed have switched away from being a pet friendly hotel about 3 months ago, and we removed this from our own web site and the Choice Chain web site, however due to the so many web sites out there that we cannot control all of them, we might still be listed as a pet friendly hotel…we are analysing them now and within the next 30 days should be all clear
Mean while we instructed all of our Front Desk agents to honor any request for a guest that has a written printed document from the Internet that we are still a pet friendly hotel
Sherbrooke, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

for the price all was good keeping the car for two weeks at the hotel free of charge was a bonus.i will stay again when i have to fly out of dorval airport. the location is great a the shuttle bus was on time. have no complaints to make

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I was blown away by the service I received at this hotel. Every request was met with a smile. There was nothing that the staff would not do for me. Even the shuttle pick up from the airport, where previous reviews lamented the time delays, worked out well for me. (I called for the shuttle as I arrived in the airport and it was waiting for me when I got to the pick up spot.)

My issue, however, is with the property itself. It looks tired. When you pull to the front of the building, you see a marquee sign that has metal drooping off of it. You walk inside and the main lobby area is dingy and dark. I went upto my room and as I got off the 4th floor, the hallways also had that dark look. I was hoping for something better in my room, but unfortunately, this did not happen. Although the room was clean, you could see that the paint had been scraped off on certain places and the wallpaper was ripped. The grout in the washroom was dirty and the renovated paneling surrounding the bathtub was starting to separate.

I'm hoping that I was given one of the unrenovated rooms, but if not, it looks like the owners will have to throw a lot of money at the property just to get it up to a reasonable state.

I really wanted to like this hotel, but I'm not sure if I will be able to return or recommend it to my staff. (I had just recently set up a corporate rate for our business, but now I'm not sure what to do.)

Room Tip: Ask if you can get one of the most recently renovated rooms (if there are any to choose from)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport? Share your experiences!