I stayed at the Hyatt Montreal for 3 nights at the end of June to attend Jazz fest. I couldn't be happier with my choice. After taking 2 flights including a red-eye to get there, I thought my room wouldn't be ready so early in the day. Bianca at reception immediately checked me in. The front desk was very welcoming and made me feel like a valued customer. My room was exactly what I asked for - smoking room with a view of the festival grounds. There was also a purifier in the room which was a nice touch. I booked my room at Hyatt.com, but also called the hotel to confirm room type and amenities.
My window overlooked the Place des Arts so I was always able to see everything going on outside. The room was the perfect size and had a coffee machine and mini fridge. The bed was super comfy. Could there be room for improvement? Sure, but I wasn't focused on insignificant details. What I care about is being welcomed, treated respectfully and having a great time. That is exactly what I got.
I frequented the hotel bar in the evenings and this was the place to be. There is also an outdoor area for watching the shows or having a drink. The staff was so nice and fun, especially my bartender Matthew who made the best bloody caesars in Montreal! The hotel was full of musicians and fans alike, and everyone was having a great time in the lounge.
The hotel is connected to a shopping mall with plenty of stores, cafes and a food court. The hotel was right in the middle of the festivities. The metro was directly in front of the hotel, so it is very easy to get around the city. There is also a bus from the airport that drops you off 1 block from the hotel (3 minute walk).
I plan on going back to Montreal and will definitely stay at the Hyatt. I can't imagine staying anywhere else during jazz fest.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Montreal Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Montreal Hotel Montreal
- Hyatt Montreal
- Montreal Hyatt Regency
- Montreal Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Few Montreal hotels offer direct underground access to the Montreal Convention Centre, the Metro and the Contemporary Museum of Art. Our Montreal hotel is also within walking distance of Old Montreal, Chinatown and the trendiest restaurants. Our hotel features 605 handsomely appointed guest rooms and suites with spectacular views of our dynamic city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Olotels, TIG Global and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Montreal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.