“Good choice” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Montreal

You added Hyatt Regency Montreal to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Montreal
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1255 Jeanne Mance Street | PO Box 130, Montreal, Quebec H5B 1E5, Canada (Ville-Marie)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #65 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Toronto, Canada
“Good choice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed here one night as part of a (Taipan) tour package. We got an awesome deal on our entire package, incl this hotel. The lineup to check in @8:00 p.m. was quite long. Unfortunately we had 2 double beds (not a king which we prefer) which can't be pushed together because of the night table on the wall in the middle. Arrrgh. But the duvet was so soft and perfect. The room itself was unmemorable, but the bar next to the lobby looked cool and being right near Rue Ste. Catherine was convenient.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattRegencyMontreal, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Montreal, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you enjoyed our new trendy "Six Resto-Lounge" and hope you visit us again soon! Thank you for being our Guest.
C. Laflamme
Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I booked this hotel through Priceline's bidding system, so I didn't know which hotel I'd be getting. I was pleased to be put into a big name hotel, Hyatt, and to be so central in Montreal. Having read the other TripAdvisor reviews I knew it could be tricky to find the entrance, so that wasn't a problem. The lobby and communal areas were nice - nicer than I expected. However, the rooms and corridors themselves are pretty shabby. As other people have mentioned, the corridors have marked and ripped wallpaper, and the room itself clearly hadn't been updated in a long time. The other issue is clearly the elevators - there were queues of 30 people or more waiting for the elevators up to the room. I'm not sure why there is such a problem with this (other hotels don't tend to have more than 4 elevators?) but it's something the management should try to address.
However, given I only paid $100/night, it was fine - safe, clean, and in an excellent location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Markham, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

A good upscale hotel well located across from Place des Art.
It is aging but well maintained with an accomodating, friendly staff.
The bathroom was a bit cramped but all other facilities were fine.
Access is a bit difficult due to street construction, but this is temporary.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive comments and for having been our Guest. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
C. Laflamme
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during a business trip. This hotel is located right on the less glamourous part St-Catherine Street. It gives you easy access to the nicer part of St-Catherine and all the shopping within a 10 minute walk. The hotel is right next to China Town. It is located above a small mall, which is convenient for it's restaurants, pharmacy and bank machine. My work meetings were at the Palais des Congres (Congress Hall) which was about a 7 minute walk away. My colleagues who stayed at the Inter Continental and the Daulphin were much closer to the congress hall than I was.
There is a weird 2 elevator system to get to your room that proves to be a little bit annoying if you are coming and going a few times a day. The lobby and restaurant/bar are nice and modern.
The gym and the indoor pool are great. The TV in my room did not have a signal 2 mornings out of 4. There is a mini fridge in every room, I put mine to the coldest option and it barely kept anything cold (I was afraid to eat the yogourt I put in there cause it was so close to room temperature).
The bed was not very comfortable, felt the springs in my back. The shower was one of the weirdest configurations ever: The shower head is not in the centre of the shower wall, very close to the shower curtain which made it hard to be under the shower head without having to touch the old shower curtain.
The heating system made a sound every few minutes that drove me crazy and made me think someone was coming into my room every time. It would also keep me from falling asleep at times.
The doormen downstairs were nice and helpful. I ran into the person cleaning my room one day and she was very kind and. The staff at the front desk all looked bitter.
All in all, I am glad work paid for me to stay here. I would not stay here again if I need to come back to Montreal.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HyattRegencyMontreal, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Montreal, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your comments and for being our Guest. During your stay, the local cable company was effecting repair work in the downtown sector and all cable was out for 1 1/2 days. We truly apologize for this inconvenience. Unfortunately this was not in our control. In order for the minifridge to function on it's coldest setting, the control dial must be placed on Low (not high), and subsequently the temperature dial on coldest. Since our hotel is located above a Mall, our Guests usually appreciate that the elevators to the rooms are separate from the elevator to the Mall & parking. This provides security for our Guests.We do hope that you will give our hotel another chance in order to experience the Quality & Service Excellence that Hyatt hotels are known for.
C. Laflamme, Director of Guest Services
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

I had a great stay here. I loved the bar by the lobby. Check - in was a breeze. All staff were very friendly and were willing to help. Our room was wonderful and very clean. Location is great. Across the street from shopping. Also the hotel is attached to the mall so you can shop til you droo and grab the elevator to the hotel. The subway station is right down the street. Hotel is within walking distance to old town montreal. Oh and by the way. Great breakfast for room service.

Would I stay here again??? I don't see why not. You got everything at your doorstep :))

• Stayed November 2011
I am so pleased that you enjoyed the hotel! Thank you for your positive comments. Our goal is to always provide the Quality & Service Excellence that Hyatt Hotels are known for. You mentioned enjoying the lobby bar "Six"....I hope you also had the opportunity of experiencing our international wines in our state-of-the-art self-serve wine bar. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Candice Laflamme
Sophia Antipolis, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Hyatt Regency in Montreal is well located, within walking distance of convention center, shopping mall and street, university, etc. But I must say that I expected more from a Hyatt. the Check in staff was friendly and helpful, but check in line was a bit long. More staff should have been on duty at the end of the day. The concierge was nowhere to be seen during my three day-stay. The room has nothing particular. Confortable but average. The bathroom was small and disapointing. Shower and sink faucets were 1980's models. It may be time for a make-over . . .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for being our Guest. Although our Concierge service is provided daily from May to September, we do have our Bellmen, Doorman, Valets and Front Desk Agents who are pleased to assist with any information our Guests require. We hope to host you once again whenever your travels bring you back to Montreal.
C.Laflamme
New Haven, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Location, Mall was convinient, reasonably prices since the other hotels were more expensive...it's close to Old Montreal, China Town and all the shopping and museum attractions... walking distance...there were 7 of us and stayed at adjoining rooms... breakfast per person at $20 was expensive when we stayed at Embassy Suites 2 years ago, it was included in our room rate... so we ate at the mall food court every morning while staying at the Hyatt
I've been to Montreal serveral times staying at the Sheraton, Holiday Inn, and Embassy Suites, what disappointed us was the lack of elavators to our second floor room...we could not access the stairway - you needed a passcode to get to each floor...so it took 30 minutes to get on an elavator and got dirty looks from guests when we got off our floor... layout is confusing, you have to take different elavators to go to your room, to the mall or outside... Guest Services doesn't exist (fend for yourself if you have an Iphone) and calling for room service took forever...the phone ran 10 times before anyone picked up... plus they charge you .05 when you call another room while you're in the hotel??....
I would stay here again if the other hotels don't offer a competative rate because of location only.... and the mall has access to the metro so you have to step outside....parking was reasonable but they charge you $10 each time you take the car out...this is a busy hotel, cruise lines, tour buses and airline employees stay here...

Room Tip: ask for a window view not facing the "ugly construction "
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HyattRegencyMontreal, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Montreal, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for being our Guest. We appreciate your comments which assist us in improving both our product & service. As in my response to the Guest below, please accept our apologies for any inconveniences experienced or delays in service due to an extremely busy weekend. Although our goal is to provide Service Excellence at which we are usually quite successful, at times providing service to all our Guests at the same time can be challenging. I truly thank you for your patience and understanding. I do hope you will visit us again in order to experience our usual Service Excellence. ..Candice Laflamme, Director of Guest Services

Been to Hyatt Regency Montreal? Share your experiences!