“I had mixed thoughts on this hotel” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6755, Cote-de-Liesse, Montreal, Quebec H4T 1E5, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #133 of 162 Hotels in Montreal
bridgeport Pa
“I had mixed thoughts on this hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were worried about staying at this hotel after reading the reviews. We had no choice because there was a conference in town that filled all the hotels for miles around. We arrived after 7 pm. It was true that the hotel was hard to find. Took us many many tries to find this hotel. When we finely checked in the young lady at the desk was very friendly and helpful. I have a hard time walking and she was able to give us a room on the first floor right by the door. The room was old but clean. The breakfast consisted of juice, cereal , toast a croissant and a muffin, not the best but it was something. one nice thing was there is a great restaurant in the back parking lot from this hotel. see my review for that in another listening. For what we paid it was ok.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We needed to stay a night in Montreal before taking an early flight following morning. So we booked the Econo Lodge Montreal Airport through ParkSleepFly.
That was the cheapest deal, including one night stay for two, two week parking and free shuttle to the airport both ways. Really really cheap.
The hotel is very unassuming, but overall clean and taken care of. I would disagree with those complaining about it being filthy and run down. I would agree though that the Fairmont Hotels are much nice, but you get what you pay for.
The air conditioner was working, the shower was working, the toilet flashed. There was no coffee maker or mini bar in the room, but I did not expect any considering the price.
The shuttle service to the airport was prompt at 5AM as requested.
The only thing was a shuttle back to our car after return flight. I was supposed to make a phone call after clearing customs, so I did. I've got a question in respose: "How many people are with you?" I said "Two in total". That was a mistake.
Next time my answer will be "Eight" assuming this may speed up the process.
We in fact had to stay on the sidewalk for 50 minutes. The shuttle arrived after we had four more people waiting along with us.
The driver though looked like a hotel manager himself, so it was all worth waiting for.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Quebec City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Montréal's roads are kind of crazy, but this was rediculous. The seemingly easiest way to approach the hotel actually lands you on the other side of the road, with the divider standing between you and the hotel. It took me an entire hour to get on the right side. Then, the confusing location landed me trying to get into a corporate building for 15 minutes, it turns out the hotel is in the BACK on the parking lot, even though the sign is hidden by a grove of trees from the angle of entry. Parking lot was full of trash, hotel room smelled but was clean. Hotel receptionist was friendly and spoke fluent French and English. It was also pretty cheap.

If you are taking an airport shuttle this place might be worth it but if not chose somewhere with a more central location or be prepared for hair-tearing-out frustration.

Room Tip: Rooms in the wing to the left of the entrance seem cleanest, I overheard some angry Americans remark...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Hamilton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This place is as low as it gets. Stains on furniture, cleaning stink, rooms with no ventilation and second hand mattresses and furniture. Reserved through Choice Hotels reservation line and received an OK price, but realized I made a big mistake when I realized the hotel was in back of a parking lot. Ended up paying too much and found a great room at the Crown Plaza. Choice Hotels will not respond to my complaints.

Room Tip: Don't book here at all and stay away from Choice Hotels
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The shuttle is a van with no identification, but when I called the hotel from the airport, the van was dispatched immediately and arrived within 10 minutes. Front desk staff was friendly and from overheard conversations with other guests, I would rate them very helpful as well. The fairly large room was rather delapidated with missing knobs on the dresser and bed tables. Bedding except for bedspread was clean and fresh. Room could probably have been cleaned more effectively. The breakfast was substandard: little variety, cereal, toast, croissants, juice, muffins, coffee. At $60, I feel that this was not overpriced.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We got this room on expedia as an unpublished name, paid around $80 with tax, wasn't expecting much and the room was ok. The room was big, it was clean, the shower was nice, towels had seen better days. The bed was comfy, the breakfast was very basic. Unfortunately for us a school group arrived late and made noise till 2am.
The location was close to the airport, about 5 minutes in the car. We had supper at the steak house across the parking lot which was nice, a bit expensive but there were cheaper options. When arriving drive through parking lot to find hotel

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
egangirl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

For a two-star hotel, I think the $85 I spent for this hotel was outrageous! The carpets were so filthy i was afraid to step on them with bare feet. The bedding was equally scary...to the point where I put a towel down to sleep. I've been in many hotels; all different star ratings and this was by far the worst hotel I've stayed in. Would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Econo Lodge Aeroport? Share your experiences!