Staying weekdays in Montreal on business, this hotel was chosen for its proximity to our job site. Hotel is adjacent to Hwy 40, AKA La Metropolitaine, 15-30 minutes from downtown.
This is a budget hotel, definitely in need of a reno. Rooms were passably clean, beds are just sleepable, hi-speed WiFi was spotty at best (several nights it didn't work in my room at all) & the parking lot is obviously a hot spot for thieves. One of our company Ford F250 crew cab diesel pick-ups was stolen overnight on a Tuesday. My corporate office asked me to contact local police & check on car theft frequency @ the hotel. The desk sargeant informed me it happened "one to three times a month; not what we consider a problem..." If you stay here, park your vehicle in the front lot if possible. If not, use the second storey of the rear parking area- it is gated, so I expect safer.
I would recommend staying here only if you really want to save on money & have a good deal on the rate or if you have business for a night or two in the east end of Montreal.
Finally, two comments relating to complaints in several earlier reviews & one for smokers.
- The noise from the highway is not bad. I'm a very light sleeper & was not bothered by the highway or any other noise.
- The on-site restaurant is a stinker- avoid at all costs. High prices, small, tasteless food is special of the day- every day!
- Smokers beware, the second floor is the smoking floor & it stinks like a full ashtray. The halls & the rooms are terribly smoke-scented. If you can stand to go outside to smoke, do so. Take a non-smoking room unless you absolutely must smoke. I'm a heavy smoker & I was truly disgusted by the smoking floor smell. I've stayed at many hotels for business & for pleasure. I've stayed at many that had a bad smoke smell in the smoking rooms, but I've stayed in many, many smoking rooms in high-quality-to-budget properties tghat did not have that puitrid stale smoke smell. This hotel is one of the worst for the stale smoke smell.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quality Hotel Montreal East/Olympic Park is located along highway 40 East on 15 minutes from downtown Montreal. You will appreciate the hotel's proximity to: Olympic Park, Biodome, Botanical Garden, Insectarium and the Saputo stadium. For shopping lovers, not far from the hotel you will find Les Galeries d'Anjou and Place Versailles shopping center.At the hotel, we offer free parking, free local calls, free wireless internet. All rooms are equiped with 32in LCD television, hair dryer, iron & board and coffee maker. Located on-site Graffiti restaurant offering breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Quality Hotel Montreal East / Olympic Parc reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Anjou
- Quality Hotel Anjou