“Convenient East-End Location... Watch Your Vehicle!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Hotel Montreal East / Olympic Parc

You added Quality Hotel Montreal East / Olympic Parc to your Saves list
Quality Hotel Montreal East / Olympic Parc
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8100 Avenue Neuville | Anjou, Montreal, Quebec H1J 2T2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #85 of 162 Hotels in Montreal
Toronto, Canada
“Convenient East-End Location... Watch Your Vehicle!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

Staying weekdays in Montreal on business, this hotel was chosen for its proximity to our job site. Hotel is adjacent to Hwy 40, AKA La Metropolitaine, 15-30 minutes from downtown.
This is a budget hotel, definitely in need of a reno. Rooms were passably clean, beds are just sleepable, hi-speed WiFi was spotty at best (several nights it didn't work in my room at all) & the parking lot is obviously a hot spot for thieves. One of our company Ford F250 crew cab diesel pick-ups was stolen overnight on a Tuesday. My corporate office asked me to contact local police & check on car theft frequency @ the hotel. The desk sargeant informed me it happened "one to three times a month; not what we consider a problem..." If you stay here, park your vehicle in the front lot if possible. If not, use the second storey of the rear parking area- it is gated, so I expect safer.
I would recommend staying here only if you really want to save on money & have a good deal on the rate or if you have business for a night or two in the east end of Montreal.

Finally, two comments relating to complaints in several earlier reviews & one for smokers.
- The noise from the highway is not bad. I'm a very light sleeper & was not bothered by the highway or any other noise.
- The on-site restaurant is a stinker- avoid at all costs. High prices, small, tasteless food is special of the day- every day!
- Smokers beware, the second floor is the smoking floor & it stinks like a full ashtray. The halls & the rooms are terribly smoke-scented. If you can stand to go outside to smoke, do so. Take a non-smoking room unless you absolutely must smoke. I'm a heavy smoker & I was truly disgusted by the smoking floor smell. I've stayed at many hotels for business & for pleasure. I've stayed at many that had a bad smoke smell in the smoking rooms, but I've stayed in many, many smoking rooms in high-quality-to-budget properties tghat did not have that puitrid stale smoke smell. This hotel is one of the worst for the stale smoke smell.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights last weekend. We were in Montreal to visit friends and family and had chosen the hotel because its location was convenient to the homes of the people we meant to visit, in Montreal's East end.

The hotel is easy to find, which is a plus. It has lots of free parking, a plus in a city where parking is a concern.

The front desk staff was polite and efficient but not especially friendly or helpful. They quickly found our reservation and gave us room keys.

Our room was on the 6th floor near the elevators. I was concerned we would get a lot of noise from the elevators but I need not have worried: any elevator noise was drowned out by noise from the nearby highway. Someone must have forgotten to soundproof this hotel! Now I know to expect some noise when staying at a hotel in a big city but this was horrible; we woke up whenever a truck or emergency vehicle drove by!

Apart from that problem the room itself was fine. It was clean and fairly adequately supplied (only the pillows were all too soft for our taste). The air conditioning was noisy but worked well. The furniture and walls showed some wear and tear and the carpet was obviously older but nothing out of the ordinary for a budget hotel.

There is a restaurant on property but due to its unimaginative offerings and high prices we didn't try it out. Montreal is full of excellend dining options so we didn't need to anyhow!

Would we go back? Only if we couldn't find anything better.

• Liked — The cleanliness
  • Disliked — The noise!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2008

This hotel is extremely nice. I stayed there for a week, which really made my visit to Montreal, a beautiful city, very enjoyable. The hotel is in a very convenient location just off the metropolitan highway. The rooms are QUITE comfortable and VERY clean. The service at the hotel is also superior, whether it is the front desk or room service personal. The hotel is about 2 minutes away from a huge shopping compound, 5 minutes away from the Olympic Park and about 15 minutes away from the heart of downtown. The hotel has a very nice (real fine food with a great price). I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are visiting Montreal.

• Liked — Quality of Stay, Price and Comfort
  • Disliked — Nothing that I comment about as bad
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2008

In reading multiple reviews, I did not know what to expect. When we got there, we were very pleasantly surprised! The hotel was very well kept, the rooms were comfortable, and the staff was very pleasant. We just got back from a 3 days stay at the Quality Hotel East and it was absolutely wonderful.The rooms were clean. The Graffiti Resto Bar was amazing and the staff were always working to make sure everything was ok.I would highly recommend staying at Quality Hotel.

• Liked — Location, Resto-Bar
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Detroit
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2008

Stayed at the Quality Olympic Park , for business reason. We usually travel with choice hotels. This location is awful hotel.
The staff was lost, the could not find my reservation at first. Then it took an eternaty to check in. The supervisor didn't even know what to do, has as lost as the staff, I beleive is name was Micheal.

The hotel doesn't seem to be professionally run This is just not what I expect from a hotel. It looks more like a cheap motel. The bed is uncomfortable and the linen looks dirty too.

They have a restaurant Graffiti in the hotel and the food was awful. The service was slow and the staff could barely speak english.

All in all it's A BAD place to stay at. We are never going back.
Awful, Awful place hotel, don't go there and don't refer any.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Staff, Hotel, Room, Restaurant
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Gatineau
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2008

Last year our brand new toyota truck was stolen on the January 24 in the parking of the Sandman hotel in Longueuil. We were in a pee wee hockey tournament and we stay there with our team.

This year, we go at the quality inn Olympic park for another pee wee tournament and got stolen our brand new truck again on the same day but one year later.

Even though if they have camera in the parking lot, its not secure at all. I told that to the women cleaning my room and she was not surprised at all...she said that it always happening.

What we (the other parents of the team) founded strange its that the people at front desk as the kind of vehicule we have but they dont ask the number of the plate...

First time my truck was not found and i got a new one (dont say that we are lucky because it cost me 5000$ each time)...you are not winning with an insurance...

My truck was a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser blue flash....the second truck was the same and same color....it was stolen in a parking lot of an hotel during a hockey tournament....I,M not lucky i know and it suck to be me.....if you type car stolen in this website you cant imagine all results you'll obtain, especially in montreal....why the hotel and police dont do anything...the alarm dont do the job someone have to do it....I'll go once more in an montreal hotel...it will be with my third truck (the same one) and ill sleep in my truck instead of the hotel and i'll wait for the thief......after that i'll never sleep in an hotel and montreal again...hotel and police know but dont do nothing....as a tourist i'll spend my money in another city. I'm sure that theres a thief network around hotels and i still asking me why the front desk as us the kind of car we have but not the plate!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2007

I booked a room thru Expedia.ca at the Quality Hotel Montreal East for the first weekend of december. It was my first time stying at Quality hotel, i usualy stay at Mariott or Sheraton Hotels. I got to tell you my experience was really suprising in a very good way. The staff where so warm and welcoming, the rooms where very well equiped and clean and the restaurant affordable and delicious. For the price i will surely consider the Quality Hotel Montreal East for my next business trip to Montreal.

Stayed December 2007

Been to Quality Hotel Montreal East / Olympic Parc? Share your experiences!