1. Hotel is clean, comfortable and reasonably priced.
2. Compares favorably, and in fact better, against other establishments of similar rating and room rates in both USA and Canada.
3. Room is spacious and extremely comfortable with clean and new-ish linen and towels, TV, fridge, iron and ironing board, coffee maker and free wifi which works well !!
4. Common areas include full kitchen, coin-operated laundry, lounge with TV, computer room, etc.
5. Conveniently located to shopping, restaurants and, for those keen on walking, within walking distance of the business district and many tourist attractions including Mont Royal, historic Montreal Forum, Centre Bell, McGill University and Old Montreal. Mere minutes walking to Underground City, Centre Bell and Montreal Canadiens.
6. Staff are friendly and helpful.
7. Located on route of airport bus to/from Montreal's Pierre Trudeau Airport.
8. Lobby cafe serves great food at reasonable prices.
CONS (One & Only)
No on-site car parking. However open lot parking is available around the corner for daily fee which we found reasonable considering it is city parking. From memory, I believe it Is $24 per 24 hour period.
Would I stay again? You bet! Members of our immediate family have stayed at the Hotel Y on no less than 6 separate occasions between Aug and Dec 2013, some for 4 nights, and we were more than happy each time.
I have no hesitation in recommending the Hotel Y Montreal.
I am giving the Hotel Y Montreal 5 Stars, not as any suggestion of hotel star-classification, but as a reflection of our satisfaction with the establishment. A thumbs up!
A humungous thanks should you rate this review as helpful. Happy travels!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just the two of you or with family and friends, the Montreal Y Hotel offers comfortable rooms accommodating 1 to 4 people. Situated on the 7th floor, our hotel's 30 rooms provide an oasis of calm and tranquility in the heart of downtown, just steps from the museum district, Bell Centre, shops, Sainte-Catherine and Crescent streets, restaurants and other tourist attractions. What's more, by staying with us, you'll be helping to build a better future for women and girls living in the Greater Montreal area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Y Montreal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montreal Ywca
- Ywca Montreal
- Ywca Hotel Montreal