I stayed at the QH Downtown from October 7-11, 2005. To be honest, I really expected the worst based on some of the reviews below. However, I was absolutely surprised and pleased with my stay at this hotel and would definitely stay here again in the future.
1) The hotel is located one block away from Sherbrooke, one of the main streets in Downtown Montreal. It's also a 10 minute walk from St. Laurent ("The Main"), one of the most ultra-hip and exciting streets in the city. It sits on the edge of downtown but is closer to The Plateau, the artistic district of Montreal. (Great inexpensive restaurants and bars in the area, including some restaurants where you can bring your own wine!) It is also less than a 5 minute walk from Jeanne Mance (ever seen photos of the iron staircases in Montreal? Chances are they were taken on Jeanne Mance street.).
2) The hotel is directly across the street from Provigo, a well-stocked and clean grocery store (check out their pastry section!). It was WONDERFUL (and inexpensive) to zip across the street and pick up provisions for the weekend.
3) The only problem I encountered was that the movie channels would not work when I arrived. Rachelle at the front desk went above and beyond to try to get them to work again Friday evening and continued to follow up with me throughout the weekend to get them functional.
4) The restaurant was closed while I was there, but there is a local restaurant (Alto - pick up a menu in the lobby) who will deliver as late as 5:00 a.m.!!! Good food, quick delivery. I highly recommend their pizza.
5) I found the front desk staff to be accommodating, warm, and very helpful. They went above and beyond to ensure I had a good stay.
All in all, it was a very good experience. Granted, this isn't a four star hotel, but you get a great value for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located walking distance to Quartier des Spectacles site of Jazz & Just for Laugh festivals. Metro subway system and Bixi bicycle rental are located nearby. Bell Center home of the Montreal Canadian and concert venue accessible thru a 10 minutes subway ride. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Quality Hotel Downtown Montreal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Montreal
- Quality Hotel Montreal