“Disgusting and dirty rooms - avoid this hotel” 2 of 5 stars

Quality Hotel Downtown Montreal
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3440 avenue du Parc, Montreal, Quebec H2X 2H5, Canada   |
Ranked #73 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Ottawa, Canada
“Disgusting and dirty rooms - avoid this hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I recently had a trip to Montreal, of which I booked a hotel through Hotwire, there was a problem with the room when I got to that hotel so they paid for me to stay at this hotel instead. I go to this hotel, after a long day of working and driving, the man at the front desk was unbelievably rude, and told me I didn't have a reservation here. When I tried to explain to him what had happened, he cut me off and told me he would call his manager (who was off site). After sitting around for over 30 minutes and continually fighting with this man, he finally gave me a room.

When I get up to the room, I was already late for my event (the reason I was going to Montreal) when I got back from my event I went to take a shower before bed, I get in the shower and noticed hair stuck to the side of the wall as well as in the bottom of the tub - Not my hair! Ew. I finished my shower and went to bed, woke up in the morning with red dots all over my cheeks - rash from the bedding possibly? Not entirely sure. I share my frustrations about this on the way out of the hotel with the lady at the front desk, and I honestly would have been better off talking to a wall. She said "oh okay sorry" ohhh your apology actually makes everything better.. Thanks a lot for making my trip a complete disaster

• Stayed August 2013
Manager329, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Downtown Montreal, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.We would hope that the many positive reviews posted on TripAdvisor would be a testament to our commitment to providing excellent service and we do regret that your felt that this was not our priority during your stay.

We would like to assure any future guests that, although we are a business, we do realize that the key to us being a successful business is through providing each of our guests with a wonderful stay.

The management of the Quality Hotel Downtown Montreal would like to offer our sincere apologies that your stay was not to your satisfaction. We pride ourselves on meeting the needs of our guests and can assure you that we are examining the situation very closely to determine what may have occurred and how to avoid this happening in the future.

We do hope that you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves by staying with us on your next trip to Montreal.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We needed a convenient, quiet hotel for a mid-week vacation, and it had to be one that didn't bust our budget. The clean, no-frills room was just perfect. There didn't seem to be many guests during our five days in mid-July, and we didn't hear anything outside our walls. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly. They cheerfully responded to our attempts at French, though everyone was bilingual. Most of our questions concerned how to travel within the city, and the answers included maps and computer print-outs. Parking is extra, but even with that charge, the hotel was affordable. That particular block is not very attractive and Montreal has many homeless people, but they are everywhere, even the tony areas. Tim Hortons is downstairs and Starbuck's is two doors away. A grocery is across the street. All the restaurants you could want are on nearby Blvd St Laurent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Manager329, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Downtown Montreal, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Greetings! The management of the Quality Hotel Downtown Montreal appreciates you taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was able to overcome any fears of a language barrier. We pride ourselves on our associates ability to offer individual attention to each of our guests and make their stay an experience to remember. We are happy that you found everything within walking distance and that your overall stay was to your liking. Thank you very much for being our guest and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel on your next trip to Montreal!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night, I was attending an UFC event in Montreal, the hotel was very clean and in great location, very near to downtown main area, and provide all the needs for a traveller, iron board, iron, coffee, water. The housekeeping staff very friendly.
For the winter season was very affordable at $89.00 the night

Room Tip: pick the 4th floor great view from above
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Manager329, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Downtown Montreal, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Greetings, The Quality Hotel Montreal Centre-Ville appreciates you taking the time to review our property. We are pleased to know that our location suited you and that you were well attended by our staff. We hope for the opportunity to welcome you back to the our hotel on the next UFC event or anytime for that matter. We thank you again for your kind words.
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I do not recommend this hotel - bad customer service, paper thin walls, slow elevators and overall old appearance. There was a water ban in the city but I was charged for the water bottles in my room. They do not have non-feather bedding (pillows and duvets). A group of girls were partying next to my room and even if I called the reception at 2, 4 and 5:30 in the morning, it did not stop and they were back to following night with no repercussion from the hotel.

Although the reception staff were okay, the hotel managers did nothing to make our stay more enjoyable (nor did they accept to reimburse us for the water bottle!).

Overall - DO NOT stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager329, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Downtown Montreal, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for you review on the Quality Hotel Downtown Montreal. Please note that our management takes each issue very seriously and will be taking steps to address them. We regret that your stay was less than satisfactory.

We invite you to contact us at (514) 849-1413 ext. 638 in order to further discuss your stay. Again, please accept our sincerest apologies and we hope to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again.
Royal Oak, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I had an opportunity to stay at this hotel for two days during the jazz festival although I appreciated the close proximity to the jazz festival the room and the service was a little's then desired. The night before I check out they called my room at midnight while I was in bed sleeping to tell me that I had to move my car from the top spot to the bottom. When I checked in nobody told me that I had to park on the second level. I was furious that I had to get out of bed get changed and go downstairs to move my car for a Jeep Cherokee that could easily fit on the second level. I sent an email to the hotel general manager and have yet to hear from him or her.

• Stayed July 2013
The management of the Quality Hotel Downtown Montreal would like to offer our sincere apologies that your stay was not to your satisfaction. We are sorry you were awakened in order to move your car to the proper parking ground. It is clearly marked in the garage that automobiles must park on the second level and SUV's in the 1st.

The reason why this in place has to do with the height restriction on the 2nd level. Once again we would like to extend our sincere apologies for your experience and hope to have you as our guest in the future.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was my second stay here - chosen for it's excellent location and value price, can walk to old Montreal, Chinatown and downtown area. Convenient market across the street, nice residential area - safe, and 2 blocks to metro. Room nicely decorated, clean - nice bathroom. Only drawback was long wait to check in - seemed it took about 15 minutes for each person to check in - and only two people at desk - line backed up to the entrance door. Other than that, a very good choice, I recommend heart lily.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager329, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Downtown Montreal, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our rooms and location to your liking!

However I would like to extend my sincere apologies to you regarding the wait time upon your check-in. As we are very busy because of Festivals, the demand for lodging is high and can at times back-up the reception.

You are a valued customer and we hope we will be given the opportunity to serve you once again!
Budapest, Hungary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Service is not very good. Lack of kindness and no real help when needed. Tv is not working properly as well as the wifi in the room (poor quality). Maybe we shouldn't expect more for this price..
Good location though, near the city center and mont royale park.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager329, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Downtown Montreal, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Greetings, I am deeply disappointed that I have to respond to your review today, knowing we failed to offer the value and service you should expect. I was concerned to read of the negative impression that you experienced during your stay at our property regarding the service and amenities in the room.

Our goal is to exceed the expectations of our valued guests and it is evident through your comments that we did not meet them. I assure you that each of the issues raised will be explored and resolved. I invite you to contact me at (514) 849-1413 ext. 638 so we can further discuss your stay. Thank you for your feedback.

Been to Quality Hotel Downtown Montreal? Share your experiences!