“very impressed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Hotel Vogue

Save Saved
You added Loews Hotel Vogue to your Saves list
Loews Hotel Vogue
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1425 rue de la Montagne, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1Z3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Beverages
Ranked #7 of 164 hotels in Montreal
MA
“very impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We just returned from a 3 day trip for my birthday and stayed at the Lowes. From the moment we walked in the lobby, we knew we were going to enjoy ourselves. The front desk check un in and offered us an upgrade and did so cheerfully. The room was spacious and the bed helped us sleep like babies. The biggest and most pleasant surprise was the Societe Bistro off the lobby. We went there first and had crisp champagne and smoked salmon and wonderful oysters. I cannot say enough about the staff. Everyone was cheerful and it was just plain fun to be around them. The General Manager, Tina (not Fey) introduced herself and we chatted about travelling around the world. She had two glasses of port sent complimentary to our table for my birthday!. Needless to say we went back that same night for dinner. My steak fritte was perfect and we ended the night at the bar with wine and a yummy cheese plate served by a smiling Catherine. Actually we ended each night at the bar for a night cap. This was a most pleasant trip and Tina contributed to our stay being so much fun. We can't wait to go back. Bonnie and Karl

408 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is a beautiful hotel. A bit ugly from the outside, the lobby, hallways and rooms are beautiful and well-appointed.

Some front desk staff were great, others were ok. Our executive suite was really beautiful and spacious. We loved the gas fireplace and kitchen, but it was weird that all the cupboards and drawers in the kitchen were empty.

The living room and dining room were very large, it's a shame the only window in the whole giant suite was in the bedroom.

The biggest issue came around 11pm when we were chatting at a normal volume around the dining room table, and someone knocked on the connecting door to another suite saying they were lying down in bed and could hear each and every one of our words crystal clear. At the time, they were unable to offer us another room.

When we mentioned this, they were apologetic but mentioned it was a known issue and usually whoever books the executive suite books the adjacent room as well. I wish they had told me this when I booked. However they ended up compensating us well for the issue, which was very kind of them.

The location is among the best in Montreal — you're just steps from the excitement of St Catherine. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The executive suite is the largest, but lacks windows and soundproof-ness. You're probably bette...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Mount Vernon, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Booked through Amex Platinum and was upgraded to suite. The two rooms were bigger than most NYC apartments. Service at the hotel was extremely helpful. We enjoyed room service for breakfast each morning (with a room the size and comfort we had it was hard to leave), The hotel is very well situated for shopping and visits to Mont Real. But the subway was also close by for traveling more far afield is not at all difficult. There are also many restaurants very close. The only criticism was that the shower stall was cheaply built given the rest of the bathroom. But that is a minor criticism.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Felix L, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Hotel Vogue, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share this thoughtful review. It sounds like you had a terrific time enjoying our ideal location and I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our room service in the comfort of your room! Thank you again for taking a few moments to share your experience on Trip Advisor and I hope to welcome you back again very soon!
À la prochaine!
Warm Regards,
Saskatoon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Beautifully done décor in lobby and throughout. The rooms have everything that you need. Very comfortable beds, large bathroom with robes. I loved the seated make up desk with great lighting. I was there during the week for work and found it very quiet although that could be because it was not a weekend night. The location was perfection. Situated a block from all the restaurants, pubs, bars, shopping and a short distance to old montreal which is always a must when visiting montreal. The food for our working lunches was superior to most hotels. service was fantastic as well. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Felix L, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Hotel Vogue, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Ashley,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Loews Hotel Vogue. I am delighted to hear that you had an enchanted experience throughout your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Loews Hotel Vogue.
McLean, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I Arrived a little early, so I relaxed in the lobby with a freshly made cappuccino from their awesome coffee maker and free WiFi. The front desk staff seemed nice and pleasant. The couple ahead of me didn't like their room (poor view) so the front desk staff assigned it to me for a few days. Upon arrival to the room, I noticed it was spacious and well appointed. There were, however some issues with cleanliness as wrappers were behind the bathroom door and litter was next to the bed. The view, was disappointing and can understand why the couple in front of me rejected the room, but I liked that it was far away from the elevator so I could not hear any elevator noise. The linens were nice as were the bathroom and bath amenities.
Since it rained the entire time I was in Montreal, I ate at the restaurant within the hotel. The food was decent (7/10) but the staff left much to be desired. Most were rude, and acted as if they wanted to be elsewhere.
I am returning to Lowes Vogue again this week, and will post updates if needed.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevators. they are quite loud. Also, courtyard rooms have a view of buildings...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Derek
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent visit to the Loews Hotel Vogue. I am thrilled to read that you had a great experience with us and that the service provided was excellent. I regret to hear about the restaurant and I sincerely apologize but rest assured your comments have been transmitted to the restaurant manager. Thank you again and I hope of having the pleasure to meet you on your next visit to Montreal.
Warm Regards,
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were very pleased with the quality and service. The room was well-appointed and clean. The front desk and concierge was up to the standard that you would expect for a hotel in this price-range. It is located right in the heart of the best shopping and dining districts in the city. I highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in Montreal.

Dear Eric,
I would like to thank you for sharing your recent experience regarding your stay at the Loews Hotel Vogue. I greatly appreciated your thoughtful review and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Loews Hotel Vogue anytime your travels bring you to Montreal.
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was our first trip to Montreal--and based on reviews on Trip Advisor, we chose Loews Hotel Vogue. It was a great decision. We arrived about two hours prior to their 4:00 p.m. check-in time, and were fully prepared to wait to check in--but they had our room ready! Our room was beautiful--quiet and lovely. We had a slight mishap at the cafe next door--the waiter spilled a drink on me--purely by accident--but the hotel staff (not actually related to the cafe) cleaned my outfit that night at no charge. The hotel is the perfect location for exploring Montreal--which we did! Lots of shopping nearby and within walking distance to many sites--Old Montreal, Basilica de Notre Dame, museums. We were only in the city for three days (two nights) and I can't imagine a better hotel for staging a whirlwind visit to Montreal. If we ever return to the city, we will most certainly stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and for your thoughtful review. I am delighted to read that you appreciated your Loews experience during your recent stay . Above all, our ideal location right in the middle of everything certainly makes us the place to stay in Montreal. I will not hesitate to share your feedback with our team as it is always a great source of motivation and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back anytime your travels bring you to Montreal.
Felix Laurence

Been to Loews Hotel Vogue? Share your experiences!