“I was so relieved to be there” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa

You added Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1740 Bld Rene Levesque West, Montreal, Quebec H3H 1R3, Canada (Ville-Marie)   |
Ranked #56 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Redcliff, Canada
“I was so relieved to be there”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

I arrived in Montreal feeling a little off-color following the train trip from Toronto. By the time my taxi arrived at the hotel, I must have been looking rather green about the gills, because a man coming down the hotel steps immediately took charge of me and my luggage, presented me to the desk clerk and asked that someone help me to my room. That evening and all the next day, I suffered from some sort of 24-hour flu. I existed on room service and only ventured out once, to find a pharmacy. I'm sure someone would have gone there for me, because the staff was so helpful, but I enjoyed my leisurely walk around the block, and found it to be an interesting, comfortable neighborhood. When I went to the hotel's restaurant in person, I found the staff there to be just as friendly and helpful. I had been brushing up on my French, but as soon as I said, "Je ne parle pas beaucoup de Francais" everyone said, "That's okay, I speak English."

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
SalesMarketingMgr, Director of Sales at Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 22, 2010
Thank you for sharing your experience at Le Nouvel Hotel. We hope that your flu is now completely gone and feeling better. We are looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Lafayette, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

The hotel was very nice, clean, and the service was great. The room was larger than expected and my bf and I snuggled on the couch watching tv :) The room was equipped with a microwave and fridge which was extremely convenient for our stay in Montreal. The hotel is located near a McDonalds, Dominoes pizza, sushi etc and the metro is only 2 blocks away. The only thing I didn't like about the hotel was the $100 dollars extra they charge for "incidentals." However, if no damage is done to the room etc, then the money is refunded. Overall I enjoyed my stayed. I was extremely appreciative that the staff is bilingual (English and French), since my french is very bad.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
SalesMarketingMgr, Director of Sales at Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 17, 2010
Many thanks for sharing your experience at Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa. Please note that the ''incidentals guarantee'' is a common practice throughout the hotels policies worldwide. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to welcome you back again soon. A bientôt.
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

I have never reviewed a hotel before but I felt it necessary to counter a few negative reviews I read. A few of the negative reviews had me quite worried, but none of the negatives occurred. The receptionist spoke english well. The lobby and room were clean. There were no pests of any sort. For me having a convenience store next door wasa plus. So if you want a comfortable bed, clean room, and want to be close to the restaurants and universities, at an affordable cost, this hotel will exceed your expectations. I have stayed in Montreal's Holiday Inn Downtown, Hyatt, Sheraton, and Marriot Courtyard.....Le Nouvel is comparable.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
SalesMarketingMgr, Director of Sales at Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 15, 2010
Many thanks for sharing your experience at Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for the recommendation and we look forward to seeing you back soon.
Montreal Quebec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

My husband and I were organising an "family association reunion" of nearly 90 persons (from US and Canada) for 3 days (May 21 to 23 2010. The personel (front desk, restaurant and group coordinator Madame Jean) was fantastik and helpfull. Rooms were very large and clean and sound proof. During 3 days, our requests were always met by either Madame Jean and Mr. Umberto. The food was outstanding (in the restaurant (one dinner and breakfasts - although breakfasts were a bit expensive) or in the meeting rooms reserved for our group (2 lunches and one sitdown dinner). Very good quality for the price. Nice quiet little terrace surrounded by buildings, you do not feel being in the heart of a big city. Few blocks from Bell Center and 1 block to Ste-Catherine street. we parked our car in the inside garage and took it again 3 days later. Even if we live on the Montreal island, we had not discover this "gem". As it is just off the hyway, people who do not like to drive in the city, just parked and walked. I would recommend this hotel anytime. Susanne M.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
SalesMarketingMgr, Director of Sales at Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 14, 2010
Many thanks for sharing your experience at Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to welcome you back again soon
Dawlish, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

The room was large and comfortable especially for the price (£78pn Expedia). The hotel is on one of the main roads into the centre of Montreal but is quiet and in a safe neighbourhood. There are two metro lines nearby plus buses running outside if you don't fancy the 15 minute walk into the city centre. There are good restaurants within walking distance on Ste Catherines near the Metro Station Guy-Concorde.
The receptionists and other staff are very friendly and helpful. Downside was the lack of tea bags in the bedroom (not a major problem) and the pricing of breakfast. We had full breakfast on two days without realising that a coffee and toast option, at a lower cost, was available. At $16pp, full breakfast is usual hotel price but we didn't really need a full meal. However, I can wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa.
We hope to welcome you again soon
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

My daughter and I enjoyed a 4-day stay in this hotel. The location is excellent - 15-minute walk from the train station, and within walking distance of most of the attractions we wished to see in Montreal. The room was roomy, clean and pleasant and the beds were excellent. An extra pillow was provided in the room, along with an ironing board and iron. Restaurant associated with the hotel was not fancy, but good - we had several meals there. Desk service and housekeeping were excellent.

• Stayed May 2010
Many thanks for reviewing your experience at Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to welcome you back again soon
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

We found this hotel quiet, clean, and on a prime location. It was closed to Concordia University and a variety of restaurants including those serve Halal meet. Metro station, Train station were quite closed to this hotel as wee.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
SalesMarketingMgr, Director of Sales at Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 2, 2010

Been to Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!