“Great place.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel

You added Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1201 Boulevard Rene-Levesque West, Montreal, Quebec H3B 2L7, Canada (Ville-Marie)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #50 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Nova Scotia, Canada
“Great place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Great location. Club room upgrade was worth it. Oh, did I mention great location? Service was very good, and friendly. Check-in easy and hassle free. Room on 36th floor was great.

I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

My only criticism would be that the breakfast in the Lounge offer a little more variety.

Stayed April 2014
LeCentre, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Very nice of you to take the time to post your comments and we're always happy to know that our guests enjoyed their stay with us!
We've taken note of your feedback regarding the Club breakfast offerings and we hope to welcome you again in the near future!

Thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Polish first
mx3man123
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

My neighbour and I stayed at this hotel on Tuesday April 22nd 2014. We were in Montreal for game 4 between Montreal and Tampa. The valet parking is around the corner in an alley way. Check in was a breeze. Our room was very clean, couldn't find any dirt anywhere. The bed and bedding was fantastic. Bathroom was top notch, shower head could be a bit higher but no big deal. The best part of this hotel was it's closeness to the Bell Centre. It is literally one block away. Take 2 minutes to walk there. So convenient. Also very close to Chez Paree, great adult bar. I could not find any fault in this resort. I will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
We enjoyed reading your feedback and appreciate you take the time to post.

Thank you for staying with us and we do hope you will be back in the near future!
Elmer, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed at the Sheraton for a business conference. The meeting rooms and provisions for the conference were very satisfactory. My room was adequate and provided a nice view of the St. Lawrence River. The best feature of this hotel is its location. A Metro stop is nearby, the Central Station & Underground City is within walking distance and the Sheraton is just two blocks from the Montreal Visitor Center (corner of Peel & St. Catherine). I mention the Visitor Center (Centre Infotouriste de Montréal) because that was the first place I went to after checking in. Yes, you can get a lot of information online (and from TripAdvisor) but I like to grab a map, Metro info and suggestions on restaurants from the visitor center staff. The Sheraton was a good staging area when I went into 'tourist mode'. Its convenient location allowed me to visit many areas of Montreal (like the Winter Carnival at Parc Jean Drapeau) by using the Metro and it even supported a foray outside the city when I took the VIA Rail train. Overall the Sheraton is a nice facility with its location being its best asset.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
LeCentre, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
We're always pleased to know that our guests enjoyed themselves in Montreal and we thank you for staying with us. We do hope to welcome you back soon!
San Marcos, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I got the Sheraton for $90 US on priceline. Check in was a breeze. The bathroom had a ceiling light out and I got it replaced within 10 minutes and needed a new remote and got the same quick service. I was in room 2707.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
It's so nice to read comments such as you as we strive to offer a memorable Sheraton Experience for all of our guests!
We thank you for staying with us and hope to welcome back!
Millersville, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

My fiancée and I spent a long weekend at the Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel, taking advantage of a Hotels.com offer that made the room $50 less expensive than the nearby Marriott. The first two nights of our three-night stay was the worst hotel experience either of us has ever experienced.

We arrived by car after an exhausting 560-mile drive. This hotel does not have the typical large entrance driveway in front, and I did not see any signs to indicate where to go. I took the next right onto Rue Drummond and found the entrance easily enough for the parking/drop-off area. Sheraton management, here is the foot stomper: This is the perfect opportunity for a hotel to welcome a couple of weary travelers to a weekend of relaxation and luxury. You screwed it up! Pulling in and parking in the driveway area, there was a bellhop helping other patrons with their bags but nobody else was in sight. No doorman, no valet, no bellboy, etc. I got out of the car and pulled the luggage out of the trunk myself while my lady went to the reception area to check in. I was hoping to get a bellhop to take the bags and leave my vehicle in the hands of the parking valet, but I had to stand there for a few minutes. My fiancée had completed the check-in process and came back to the car where I was waiting. Finally I saw a liveried employee and I approached him, asking him if he could help. So far we are not off to a good start!

The common areas of this Sheraton are quite nice. I like the décor and the overall atmosphere. The bellhop accompanied us to the 19th floor, to the first of three different rooms we occupied during our three-night stay. The room was rather small but clean and nicely appointed.

We would have had a nice weekend at this Sheraton had it not been for the inconsiderate behavior of a large number of hotel guests. The first two nights of our stay coincided with the Canadian Closed DanceSport Championship, which is a ballroom dance competition. I do not wish to impugn the character of this organization, but it became evident after speaking to hotel employees and guests that many of the young adults of this group are Americans age 18-20. Taking advantage of the lower drinking age of Quebec, it seemed that the entire hotel became the party location for hordes of thirsty young Americans. Our first night was not restful, with loud partiers in the hallway waking us up throughout the night. I cannot say for sure that all the noisy guests were part of the dance group, but based on the way they were dressed it appeared to be so.

The next day my fiancée complained to the management about the noise and they willingly moved us to a different room, this time on the 29th floor. The room was slightly larger than the first, with the same nice décor. We had a busy day and were looking forward to a good night’s sleep. However, this night was worse than the previous one! There was a large party in the room next door, with loud music and drunken, profane guests making a lot of noise. After complaining to the reception desk, ten minutes later we could hear hotel security personnel telling these people to be quiet. The idiots next door turned the music down as a token gesture, but after a few minutes they resumed their earlier volume level. The hotel staff called us back to inquire, and I’m certain they could hear the noise over the phone. The walls of this hotel seem to be paper-thin, and it felt like the loud party was in our room! My fiancée gave the hotel employee an earful in French over the phone. We were given the option to move to a different room once again. We accepted, and waited about 30 minutes for the bellhop to arrive with a cart. While we packed our things for the second time that day we heard the security staff, apparently augmented by policemen this time, breaking up the party next door to the disappointment of the inconsiderate partiers. This time we moved up to the club level on the 36th floor. The hotel staff assured us this room would be quiet. We were exhausted and didn’t bother unpacking; we just got in bed and went to sleep. However, we awoke soon after to more loud guests in the hall. Then we slept for a couple of hours before waking to a woman pounding on the door next to ours. My fiancée got out of bed, opened the door, and told her to stop. Who are these fools?

On Sunday morning the manager got another earful in French from my fiancée about our second miserable night at this Sheraton. It became clear the overnight hotel staff had a rough time as well, with many hotel guests complaining about the noise all night long. The management offered to pay our parking and other charges to the room as compensation for the bad experience.

Sunday night was much better and we slept well. Departing at 5:30AM to beat the traffic, we were glad to see this Sheraton get small in the rear view mirror. I would have given this hotel a worse rating had it not been for the management’s attempt to improve the situation along the way. However, this hotel seems to have a general problem with its customer service, which may be a common theme among 4-star hotels. Ten years ago, arriving at a Sheraton or other 4-star property, a guest would be treated like the queen of England. Why is it so much worse today? I should not have to pay Ritz Carlton prices to get the kind of service that was common a decade ago.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
We sincerely regret that your stay with us was less than satisfactory and that we failed you in this instance as we want all of guests to have a pleasant memorable stay with us.
May we request that you contact us at reservation.lcs@sheraton.com so that we may have the opportunity to make things right.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed at the Sheraton (booked through Hotwire) for 3 nights with my wife. Checkin was smooth and the hotel seems up to date. Room is equipped with your standard toiletries plus a scrub sponge. AV system allows for HDMI and VGA connections and very convenient plugs to charge your laptop and phone accessories. Even the lamps on each side of the beds have an outlet within the lamps which is excellent - as I typically travel once a month and always have a hard time finding an outlet to charge my phone overnight on the night table.

The gym is very high tech and has all the equipment you will ever need for a hotel gym (and more). The pool is a fair size and the hot tub is great. There are showers right beside the hot tub which is very convenient. The bathrooms are outside of the pool (which is not so convenient), but it's minor.

The service....

When we checked in we had called down to the front desk to ask if we could get 2 additional bath towels and if they offered or had an HDMI cable we could use. The said the towels will be sent however, we would need to call the AV department and they are not around. So we never bothered calling the AV department the next day.

Those 2 additional bath towels NEVER arrived. We didn't bother asking again.

The same evening, my wife and I wanted to have a drink and dessert at the bar downstairs. It is a large bar, however, with few patrons - so we assumed we could get a quick drink and dessert. We were sadly mistaken.

We sat ourselves as no host was to be seen and we sat in the middle of the room. We waiting OVER 12 minutes before we had to flag down a server, who in turn said he would get us another server. When our waitress finally arrived we had to ask for a dessert menu. I quickly chose the chocolate cake as we were afraid it could be another 10 minutes before she actually returned. Our waitress came back a few minutes later to tell us they were out of the chocolate cake.

We just had our drinks and left very disappointed. The kicker is that there were 3 servers and roughly 6 tables. I couldn't understand why they took so long.

In summary, the hotel is nice. The staff that we had, were not so impressive.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
LeCentre, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
We sincerely thank you for taking the time to post your review and we were pleased to know that overall, you enjoyed your stay with us.

With regards to the lack of service you experience, we most certainly appreciate your comments and are very sorry that we failed you in this instance as your experience is contrary to the high level of service we strive to maintain and of which you have every right to expect.

We are most concerned with the satisfaction of our guests and hope you will allow us another opportunity to be of service to you.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I am a SPG GOLG member and booked three room all had club access. I SHOULD READ THE SMALL PRINT!!!!
I use club levels in Europe and Asia, this does not compare. The hors d'oeuvres were cold meat and cheese, corn chips and salsa. Not impressive at all. Then you had to pay for alcohol. I hear the breakfast is cold cereal. DO NOT PAY FOR CLUB NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!

This was my fault I should, have read the competed description but assume they were all the same.

Will not make that mistake again! Will not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to post your review and we do regret that we failed you in this instance with regards to our Club Lounge. We very much appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback as it is of great value to us. Please be assured that it will be discussed with our Management team as your comments allows us to ensure and improve the quality of service we offer future guests and it is our sincere hope that you will be among them.

Been to Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel? Share your experiences!