“No surprises” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel

You added Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1201 Boulevard Rene-Levesque West, Montreal, Quebec H3B 2L7, Canada (Centre-Ville (Downtown))   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #50 of 162 Hotels in Montreal
London, United Kingdom
“No surprises”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

A safe, big city, Sheraton experience. Be prepared to be inundated with conference goers and business travellers. Once they've gone to their meetings, the hotel settles down to a non-hectic, quieter pace.

Bed and washroom are excellent. Blackout curtains could be a bit bigger as they don't completely block out the light. Parking is a real hassle to utilize, but it's there. The gym is nice and spacious with a nice big view window while running.

Worst part is that it's really expensive. Stupidly expensive. This hotel is for business travellers on expense accounts. How else can we account for the ridiculous room rates, parking rates and internet rates?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
LeCentre, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay wiht us and we're happy to read you enjoyed your overall stay and newly renovated Health Club! We do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Polish first
Great Neck, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I went to the Sheraton hotel for a Bachlorette party for my sisters best friends at the end of June. We had an amazing time. The location was perfect and so close to the center of town. The woman that checked us in was extremely nice and accommodating. We booked three rooms and she was able to get two of them connecting and the other one right down the hall. This worked out perfect for the large group that we were, to all be right next to each other. The hotel was sooo beautiful and the rooms were very spacious. The pool and Jacuzzi looked amazing, although we did not have the opportunity to go in, we did however take a brief sneak peak of it. The gift shop had a lot of nice things. I was able to bring back some really nice inexpensive trinkets for family and friends, as well as some nice jewelry for myself. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area. We could not have had a better stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
LeCentre, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
We sincerely appreciate your comments as all of us here at Le Centre Sheraton Montreal do our utmost to ensure that each one of our guests have a memorable Sheraton Experience!

It would be our pleasure to welcome you when your travels bring you back to Montreal!

Thank you once again for your complimentary remarks.
Cambridge, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Went on the weekend of Montreal Jazz Festival. The hotel was pretty bustling, but overall the service was courteous. Got upgraded to the SPG level (floor 30+), with a mountain-view. If you have a choice, pick the city-view because the mountain was underwhelming.

Room was nice and pretty standard for a Sheraton. Bathroom was clean, modern, and overall good. Our room was a little stingy on the towels (only 2 big ones), and the bathtub took a while to drain.

For a metropolitan area, the appointment and service of the hotel was along the lines of a three-and-a-half star hotel, so I thought the price ($220/night) was a little steep, but within reason. Parking was $25/day if you park it yourself; don't bother wasting money on the valet because the elevator is pretty convenient from the underground garage and opens right to the hotel lobby.

Internet is $15/day, but free in the lobby.

Overall, pretty good experience. Just a little more quality here and there, and a little lower price would have convinced me to give five stars.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
We were happy to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and we thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

We took note of the maintenance issue you encountered and appreciate the inconvenience. We apologize for this and please know that had it been convenient, we would have gladly offered you a different guestroom and ensured that our Engineering department take the necessary steps to correct the issue at hand.

We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.
Mississauga, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We came to Montreal for 4 days for a combination business and Jazz Festival. We stayed at the Sheraton because we wanted to stay downtown and got a Travelzoo discounted deal for $139.00/night but by the time you add the almost 15% tax, the daily $4.87 tourist tax, the daily parking fee of $20.88, it still adds up. I would NEVER pay full price for this hotel. We are usually pretty easy going but this hotel had more negatives than postives for us.

Positives:
The location of the hotel was very practical for Jazz Fest because we did not mind walking to the Jazz Fest location (approx 1.5-2km) There are lots of restaurants and shopping along the way.

The rooms were clean and the beds are very comfortable with cosy duvets and pillows.

Negatives:

There is a fire station very close to the hotel so if occasional sirens are a problem for you this might not be the hotel for you.

Even though they have free wi-fi in the lobby if you want wi-fi in your room it will cost you $14.95 per 24 hour period (per device?) That is ridiculous considering that coffee shops and even less expensive hotels give you free wi-fi in your room. We chose not to pay this rip-off price so it was a real nuisance to have to go down to the lobby whenever we wanted to use wi-fi. At a regular rate of $255.00 (+ tax) a night they could surely afford to give you wi-fi in your room. When I mentioned this to the person at the check-in desk he was very condescending in his manner and utterly and completely indifferent to the complaint.

Not very soundproof. I don't know what was in the room above us but it kept sounding like a hard object dropping repeatedly on a wood or non-carpeted floor. (we were on the 17th floor) The noise was not constant but happened every day early in the morning and one night it woke us up at 2:00 a.m. Very irritating!! We were also not far from the housekeeping station and the noise of them getting their cleaning carts out and discussions in the hallways in the morning will wake up anyone that is not a very solid sleeper.

The bathroom has no vent so you have to open the door if you want air in order to get rid of the steam after a shower (or bathroom odors) but if you open the door be aware that the mirror opposite the bathroom door is positioned in such a way that if someone else is in the room they can see a reflected image of the person in the bathroom. This could be a problem depending on your room mate.

The hotel restaurants and room service are very expensive and you can get much better food for less money within five minute (or less) walk. There are lots of good restaurants (many with patios) in the area.

They have a safe in the room but there is no fridge in the room.

The picture on the wall in our room was missing the whole bottom part of the frame. Just a detail but not something you would expect to see in a hotel that charges $255.00 (+ tax) a night.

We be coming to Montreal regularly in future. We previously stayed at The Marriott Residence (at Cavendish Blvd) and will return there from now on. It was less expensive, has parking, wi-fi in the room and fantastic breakfast all included and was a far superior experience than staying here at the Sheraton.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate the feedback as it provides us with valuable information that can be reviewed to improve our overall performance of service and ensure the best service possible moving forward.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we do hope to have the possibility of welcoming you back to Le Centre Sheraton Montreal.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Being downtown the location is decent, most attractions are within walking distance. But don't expect anything spectacular in terms of service. I was there with family and had booked two rooms, one with an extra bed. They were reasonably sized and we ended up on two different floors (no fault of the hotel, as we needed a king room to fit the additional bed, which to their credit they provided at no extra charge). However be aware that the sound insulation to adjoining rooms is pretty much non-existent. We could clearly hear conversations next room over through the adjoining door, and they weren't being that loud at all. I guess it's OK if you're a family and have the two rooms together.
There are definitely better values in the city. Free wi-fi in the lobby but terribly slow. Parking another $25 a day, and paid in-room wireless, and it all adds up. Concierge service was spotty at best.

Room Tip: Ask for room without adjoining doors, and you'll sleep better.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
LeCentre, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
We thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback and we were sorry to read that we failed to meet your expectations. Please know that the comfort of our guest is of our highest priority and your experience most certainly does not reflect the high standards we strive to achieve.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back should you be kind enough to give us the opportunity.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was looking to book a hotel for our family's first trip to Montreal for the beginning of July. I started looking in late June and then realized that the Jazz festival was happening at the same time we were planning to be there. Naturally, I was expecting to have a ton of trouble booking a place. I called the number for reservations and asked about a room for two adults and two children. The price I was quoted was far more than I wanted to spend so I politely told the agent I would look around some more. He worked with me for 20 minutes trying to find a ay to bring the price into my range - asking about AAA, my employer and finally my wife's. Well, the discount for employees of her company brought the rate down almost 50% and extended free wireless for each night - a huge boon for a family with mobile-device aged kids. So I booked the room.
The hotel is in the downtown area and was easy to find, especially with navigation. hey charged 20 dollars a night for self-parking which was perfect for us because we wanted to park the car and forget about it until we left, which is exactly what we did - there were 10 levels of underground parking (the first three are off limits but I was able to find parking on level 4.) - the only caveat is that the clearance is low - I had a Honda Pilot and I swore the top would scrape - anything taller definitely would have.
Check in was a breeze - my wife only needed to show here work ID to secure the discount. The rooms were tasteful, I especially liked the bathroom which was modern but not cloyingly overdone like some hotels can be. The beds were comfortable, the room amenities were perfect - more coffee and bottled water each day. We use extra towels as a family and any time I called for more, more arrived within minutes of my call. One of us requires medicine that needs refrigeration and getting a refrigerator up to the room was also no problem for the staff. The pool area was very clean and well stocked with things for young swimmers - PFDs, noodles, kick-boards and balls! The hot-tub area was separated from the pool by a frosted divider to the relief of both the families with young children and the adults who wanted to indulge no doubt! The only small knock was that the pool area is very humid - like summer in Florida squared - so if that bothers you, keep it in mind. I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop when we checked out - we didn't get the discount or the wireless wasn't really free but to my surprise (excuse my cynical New Yorkerness here) everything was exactly as advertised and we payed exactly what we expected to.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. The doormen, bellmen, concierge, front desk and even the pool staff were really nice and mad us feel welcome - a tall oder in a hotel with 37 floors worth of guests! There were a bunch of nice restaurants in the immediate area, an IGA where we restocked, and a metro stop within short walking distance. We were also a nicer walk from ChinaTown and the old port areas.
One small caveat about the hotel restaurant - We had breakfast there at the insistence of one of my sons. The food was excellent and the service was as good here as anywhere in the hotel but the meal was expensive. Something to keep in mind especially when there are places like Chez Cora a block away for breakfast and any number of other restaurants in the area.
I can't say enough good things about this hotel and staff - from the booking agent on to the very last day everyone made us felt like they wanted us there and we were very welcome. If that is the Sheraton experience, count me in every time. We will back to Montreal which we found to be a beautiful city and we will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the post your comments!

It is people like you that make us proud of what we accomplish and encourage us to do our utmost to create the perfect guest experience for our guests. We truly appreciate your good comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Le Centre Sheraton Montreal!
Greenwich, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel has excellent location and room the is clean. However, I give this property a poor rating due to the following:
During our visit; all guest elevetors stopped working. So we were asked to use elevators otherwise used for room service, housekeeping etc. This is fine however, the long lines to get to the room were not fun. More so, the staff couldnt care less; they just mentioned...pls go use those elevators. There wasnt even an apology for the inconvenience. Next day, we lost power in the hotel for hours...no internet. Again, all that was done was a public announcement that the hotel has lost power and now has power. At the time of check out, I mentioned that my Loyalty program with an airline allows me certain benefits such as free internet. The response from the Manager was that their system does not show that I have that facility. So, of course, I pull out my card to tell him I am not bluffing and that I have already attached my airline membership to this hotel's membership program...however, there was no reaction. For me, the costs didnt matter; however, now, the hotel is advertising something that they did not deliver. Now the Manager goes on to suggest that he will not accord me this as "his system" wont let him.
Mr. Manager (perhaps I should mention your name), Guest service is premised on recognizing the guests, pulling up their profile to see how many times they have stayed at your organizations' hotels across the world. And not doubting if the guest is bluffing on his memebership status. Of course, the fact that internet was down because the hotel lost power for hrs should have made you consider what you were saying.

Bad service, Bad attitude and a bad check out experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We were sorry to read that we failed to offer you the service that you have every right to expect at Le Centre Sheraton Montreal. Let me simply say that all of us here are committed to providing a much better and more pleasant experience for our guests than what you had the misfortune of experiencing.

We offer our sincere apologies for the manner in which the situation was handled and hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to demonstrate our true level of hospitality and interest in serving you properly.

Been to Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel? Share your experiences!