“small but nice” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Residence Du Voyageur

You added La Residence Du Voyageur to your Saves list
La Residence Du Voyageur
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   847 Rue Sherbrooke Est, Montreal, Quebec H2L 1K6, Canada (Olympic Park & Hochelaga-Maisonneuve (HoMa))   |
Ranked #146 of 162 Hotels in Montreal
Toronto
“small but nice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

small hotel with nice poeple,reasonable price.that's why we would like to recommend it.

• Liked — location and service
  • Disliked — small bathroom
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Yukon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2008

I had to go to Montreal on very short notice, and with a very tight budget. I don't remember how much I paid exactly, but it wasn't a lot. The room was adequate for the night that I stayed there; however, it was very small. I find the pictures on the website to be a bit deceiving. The stone in the background is not real, though that is not a huge deal. The rooms are very cramped, and the bathroom is so tiny that when on the toilet, my knees touched the underside of the sink (and I have short legs!). It was also difficult to close the bathroom door, since I had to sit on the toilet sideways, so I was thankful I had the room to myself. The halls and stairways are also very narrow. The man at the front desk was nice though. It was night time when I arrived, and he told me where to go for food, and told me which areas to avoid. He also held on to my luggage the next morning after I had to check out before my ride showed up. I did not appreciate that he charged me for everytime I picked up the phone though (a few times, I picked up and hung up again without even dialing, and I was even charged for that! The charges for that were very unreasonable too, very expensive!) If I am in Montreal on a budget again, though, I would consider staying here again. I just wouldn't be using the phone!

• Liked — The price and location
  • Disliked — The insane charges regarding the phone and the tiny bathroom
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
tokyo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2008

nice small hotel with friendly front desk staff..........I would stay there again for sure.....

• Liked — nice poeple and location
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2008

This hotel is very well located but is always full of TEENAGERS
BUS TOURS. My wife and I are over 50 years old and they put us in a room on a floor between one of those tour.We were the only ones out of the GANG.We COULD NOT SLEEP A SINGLE SECOND
that night due to the constant visit and door knock of our neighbors.
They visited each other all night and we are sure they were doing d..
I called the reception twice about the situation but without any results.We checked out early in the morning my wife being furious but the direction could not care less.NEVER NEVER AGAIN.
What an awful night.
Denysd2.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — NO PEACE
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2008

I would say this is the best hotel we have ever stayed in on holiday and I am extremely fussy!

• Liked — service
  • Disliked — room size
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2008

This place was terrible. Not only were the rooms dark and musty smelling, they also had bed bugs in the bed and and bathroom. We saw at least 2 or 3 crawling across our pillows when we settled down to watch TV and in the few hours that we had been there, two of them had found their way into our bags. We had only been there for 2 hours and decided to leave promptly after that. Unfortunately, we could not get our deposit back and they were not even going to refund us the money we had put down for the second night, but we brought front desk attendant up to the room and showed the boy all the bugs.

Despite the fact we had to dish out another $100 for another room, we were very lucky that we did not bring a critter home with us.

I would highly recommend AVOIDING this place. It's definitely not worth staying here to save a couple of dollars.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — +++Bed bugs; rooms dark and musty; elevators old and small - not accessible
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2007

Most of the time, reviews concern the room, amenities, etc. I'd like to give David the innkeeper kudos for being attentive to our needs...turned us on to some nice walking areas and even arranged for a car rental during Thanksgiving Weekend. The room was basic (we liked the openable door to get fresh air from outside) but clean, a block from Metro, and 20 minute walk from Vieux Montreal. Nice lounge for reading the paper and enjoying a croissant & coffee in the mornings. For under $90/day including tax, this is a good value and we'll be back.

• Liked — Location, Value, Host
  • Disliked — No internet access
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to La Residence Du Voyageur? Share your experiences!