“nice comfortable hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Residence Du Voyageur

Save Saved
You added La Residence Du Voyageur to your Saves list
La Residence Du Voyageur
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   847 Rue Sherbrooke Est, Montreal, Quebec H2L 1K6, Canada (Le Plateau-Mont-Royal)   |
Ranked #151 of 168 hotels in Montreal
chicago
“nice comfortable hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2008

I would say this is the best hotel we have ever stayed in on holiday and I am extremely fussy!

• Liked — service
  • Disliked — room size
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2008

This place was terrible. Not only were the rooms dark and musty smelling, they also had bed bugs in the bed and and bathroom. We saw at least 2 or 3 crawling across our pillows when we settled down to watch TV and in the few hours that we had been there, two of them had found their way into our bags. We had only been there for 2 hours and decided to leave promptly after that. Unfortunately, we could not get our deposit back and they were not even going to refund us the money we had put down for the second night, but we brought front desk attendant up to the room and showed the boy all the bugs.

Despite the fact we had to dish out another $100 for another room, we were very lucky that we did not bring a critter home with us.

I would highly recommend AVOIDING this place. It's definitely not worth staying here to save a couple of dollars.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — +++Bed bugs; rooms dark and musty; elevators old and small - not accessible
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2007

Most of the time, reviews concern the room, amenities, etc. I'd like to give David the innkeeper kudos for being attentive to our needs...turned us on to some nice walking areas and even arranged for a car rental during Thanksgiving Weekend. The room was basic (we liked the openable door to get fresh air from outside) but clean, a block from Metro, and 20 minute walk from Vieux Montreal. Nice lounge for reading the paper and enjoying a croissant & coffee in the mornings. For under $90/day including tax, this is a good value and we'll be back.

• Liked — Location, Value, Host
  • Disliked — No internet access
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2007

I will not recommend this hotel to anyone! The room was incredibly small, as soon as the worker had my money he was unbelieveably rude. In the hotel room there was a box of rotting egg salad sandwiches left on top of the air conditioner unit on the window. When the worker (owner?) was told about this, he became very rude and thought I was trying to scam him, until he came back to the room with me and saw I was telling the truth. HE DID NOT REMOVE THEM, instead he slammed the door shut and locked it. He told me he would give me another hotel room and refund my first night only. I advised him I would like a full refund and would find another hotel, he became angry and extermely rude and told me not to write a bad review of the hotel.

The hotel was a dump. Even the sign outside the front was broken! I truly do not recommend this hotel! There is a much better hotel and not expensive just up the street!

• Liked — They gave me the refund
  • Disliked — The people that worked there, the room and cleanliness
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
pennywatcher
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2007

Very cramped, double bed up against outer wall, accessible only from one side. Air Conditioner set in window at foot of bed, not properly sealed in window result an uncrontrollable cold blast of air over the bed all night through the gaps.
Toilet and shower in one unit so cramped that a slightly obese person could not possibly get in or manouvre around. Not soundproof, every move overhead audible.
We had just come from the Econolodge in Plattsburgh which was, by comparison, a paradise !
There must be better places than this in Montreal !
Couldn't take any photos for you, didn't have a close-up lens.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — icy blast through unsealed window
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
British Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2007

On a recent visit to Montreal...I picked this small boutique hotel especially for the rate...I would not under any circumstances give this hotel any kind of a rating. Very small...and we had the largest room...walls paper thin...bedbugs...1/2 bathtub...dirty mattresses...windows that don't open and no air conditioning. Behind the bed it looked as though it has not been vacuumed ever. We were prepared to stay as it was just a place to put our heads down after being out most of the day...but...when the bedbugs appeared that did it!!. Not even worth the $117.00 we paid for it. We immediately left the next morning...6:30 am and went up to the Doubletree Hilton only a block and a 1/2 away. They were very accommodating and they gave us a great room for just a little more than at the Residence Du Voyageur. I would not under any circumstances recommend this hotel until they have cleaned up their act.

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2006

This hotel was fine. people are too snoody when it comes to traveling...hey your paying 80 dollars a night, you are not going to get the ritz!!! i enjoyed myself at this hotel, and it did the trick, i had a place to sleep on my vacation. this place is not bad, it has a great breakfast (i did not have it but it was offered) and it was clean and i had no complaints! i further recommend it for travelers who can handle being travellers if you want something extravagant than pay 100 dollars more...also its close to everything...walking distance!

• Stayed March 2006

Been to La Residence Du Voyageur? Share your experiences!