“Cheap room, central location, but no peace of mind!” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel du Manoir Saint Denis
and 1 more site!
You added Hotel du Manoir Saint Denis to your Saves list
Hotel du Manoir Saint Denis
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2006 Rue Saint-Denis, Montreal, Quebec H2X 3K7, Canada (Quartier des Spectacles)   |
Ranked #104 of 162 Hotels in Montreal
Edmonton, AB
“Cheap room, central location, but no peace of mind!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

The room we stayed in was clean.. ish. The rooms were definitely smoked in because there was a lingering odour, but that may have been coming from the underwear that was left on the towel rack in the bathroom. So they clearly don't clean the rooms all too thoroughly. The area is good if you want to be close to shopping, bars and restaurants, however, there were squeegee kids across the street, and no parking. A colourful experience.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ACuming

Moscow
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

Its an old gloomy smelly property you do not feel like entering. I booked it a cheap price of 49 dollars but the hotel required a prepayment which I had to make before even seing the room. I understand why: once I saw the room I felt like leaving. The hotel was old and gloomy. Rooms smell mould. To disguise it the hotel turned on a very strong ventilation (which could not be controlled from inside the room). It did not help the mould smell but the room freezing. I tried to sleep at night but could not due to continuous noise coming from the street. Finally after 2 days I moved to another hotel which was clean and comfortable for the same price. My prepayment has never been reimbursed.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Montreal hotels

Perugia, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

i've been there for 4 nights.
PRO:
for sure the POSITION: just at the end of the street you have the undergound BERRI-UQAM, simply the most important of montreal with lines to go everywhere.
Again, you have lots of cool restaurants, pubs, coffee opened 24H.
The PRICE is good.. low price.. low quality of everything in the hotel.
CONS:
STAFF is rude and unprofessional. ROOMS are very small. CLENING ROOM made in late afternoon adn only 2 days in 4 i stayed.
In other words in you are in a 15 days trip tour throgh CANADA and USA and want just a cheap place where to sleep, located in the right position to visit the city.. OK.. book here!!
If you want a great hotel where to stay confortable and relaxing.. NEEEEEXT...!!! :-)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank campeale
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

I had to travel from New York to Montreal for a week. Wanting to find accommodations that would not break the bank, I came across du Manoir. The rates advertised were cheap with a two-and-a-half start rating. Location was key for me and this hotel is near any and everything Montreal has to offer, be it metro stations, rue St Catherine or rue St Laurent and everything in between.

This is a no-frills place but they keep extra clean. Neighborhood and hotel are both safe and never had any issues leaving my phone or my laptop in the room while I went out to party.

The staff behind the front desk were very helpful as I kept asking them to change things with my reservation around (which they did immediately). There are other more expensive options in Montreal for sure, but this is the best value for money i have ever come across.

I visit montreal often, and this may just become my regular spot

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank ibesmo
montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

A really nice hotel and good position. Nice food and view. Will be back again ~~

Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank xin_84
NL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

I arrived after a long trip from the Netherlands to Montreal. I booked a camper but it was necessary to stay in a hotel for one night! I was stupid and choose for this hotel! The guy at the reception was a little bit....not so very clever! I payed with my credit card and go for a sleep. In de middle of the night a lot of dronknoise came from the terasse at the front site of the hotel (I slept at the back site)
The next morning breakfast was not ready (international breakfast from 6 til 9) while de boy slept in his chair. I checked out while I payed the day of arrival. Never, never, never again this hotel. It was creepy, terrible!
Two weeks later I(back in the Netherlands) i recieved a mail from the booking operator. I didn't arrive at the Manoir hotel so they want to have taken the 57,24 CAD (49 CAD for the room + the tax) from my credit card!!! Ohhh my god. It wasn't worth the first CAD 57,24!!! And now.....they taken away another time CAD 57,24! Thank god I did have the little ticket of my paying!! My booking operater is traying to make it ondone i'll hope thay can fixed it!
It isn't worth one rate but i'm afraid there's no possibility to choose for zero rate!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank NeverStManoir
New York, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

Please don't waste your time! This hotel is grimy, outdated and I have never witnessed worse customer service anywhere else!

When my friends and I arrived at the hotel, we were "greeted" by an irritated old man behind the desk who, after giving us a round of dirty looks, refused to honor our reservation because the price we booked on Booking.com was "too low". He told us we had to pay a higher price or get out. Obviously we chose to go somewhere else rather than we treated with such blatant contempt. We ended up down the street at Auberge Montreal which was much cleaner and the customer service was great.

Even though we ended up at a much better hotel, the experience left my friends and I with a really bad impression so try and avoid this place at all cost! Not only was the customer service horrific, but it is illegal for hotels to try and raise the price that was already booked online.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends