“George T” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Saskatoon
“George T”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was of the best hotels I've ever had the pleasure of staying in.
We had 8 days recently and I could of stayed for more and will in the future.
First class all the way.
The staff were first rate and the comfort was next to none.
Very nice for the price...and comfort.
Merci...BW Ville Marie

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Best Western Ville Marie. Everybody was really nice and accommodating to the guests. I loved having breakfast in their restaurant. The bread is always freshly baked. But best of all, I got to meet Mangala Ghabeb the maitre d' hotel. She is the sweetest. I happen to spend my birthday in the hotel and she gave me a slice of birthday cake and even sang the birthday song in french for me. She also gave me a pouch of yummy chocolates. This kind of service will really make your stay a very memorable one. :-)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed at this BW after a company Christmas party downtown. Great location and great price. You are close to restaurants, nightlife, and steps from McGill University. Room was clean and quiet. The valet parking was a little pricey at $25 but it was worth it knowing the car was safe and warm whenever you needed it.

Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The room was claustrophobic. It was about 4 m by 4 m, which made getting around the furniture very difficult room. There was no hot water, even after running the tap on full for 3 minutes. The bathroom was not heated. When I checked In the desk staff wouldn't give me any information about nearby parking, even after being specifically told I would park my own car. He insisted we use valet service.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here is my tip. Go somewhere else.
Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We wanted a room in the city for our last night in Montreal and therefore we found a good deal at BEST WESTERN Ville Marie Hotel. The hotel has a good location but the other Best Western (Hotel Europa) has a better location. Our room was ready when we arrived, it was large and the bathroom small but I guess this is the Best Western standard. There was a very noisy fridge but we just turned it off and after a while the heater started working properly. The night was quiet, the bed was comfortable and we left at 12:00 pm. I think this is a good place to stay in Montreal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Coupeville, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We needed a room near the McGill campus. The Best Western Ville Marie is a great location with very good prices. On arriving, the desk clerk told us that our room wasn't ready, for which he was very apologetic, as it was 4 pm, and check-in is 3 pm. It turned out that the room was ready, but due to a glitch, hadn't been noted in his computer. Once we got to the room, we were pleasantly surprised to find out how large it was. The shower is great, and there's plenty of room for toiletries. We hoped to eat in the Zawadeh restaurant but it was completely booked for an event. No matter: L'Orchidee Chine is a block away where we had a great meal. The hotel provides free wifi, which is great. Unfortunately, the table is on the opposite side of the room from a plug, so you're out of luck when the battery runs down. The only other complaint is that the message light on the phone blinked, but when I picked up the "messages," it was a commercial for the hotel, which is unnecessary (I'm here!) and annoying. Other than that, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Ville-Marie Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!