The location of this hotel is great - it's right near shopping on Sainte Catherine and just a half block from the Peel Metro station. Staff was helpful and you can pull up right out front and unload. However, no parking at the hotel. There are a lot of parking garages in the area, but getting there can be complicated (lots of one-way streets) and it turns out they are not all open on weekends, and you need to phone the security guard to come and open the parking garage - somewhat challenging for my French...
The room itself was comfortable, but there were lots of little details that needed work. For example, the sofa bed was actually smaller than a regular twin size. My daughter, who is 4'10" reached the bottom of the bed. The blanket for it had lots of small holes in it. It really looked quite flea market standard and not really up to a major hotel. The sheets for the bed had come unsewn at one end and also looked well-used. We stayed here because of the kitchen, which was convenient, but they had curiously located the microwave on top of the refrigerator. It was a tight space for the kitchen, but the hotel may wish to remember that not everyone staying there is over 5'7". I'm 5 inches shorter than that and there's no way I could have used that microwave. Then, in the morning, when I took a shower, I hung my nightclothes on the hook on the door, which promptly swung 180 degrees and dropped my clothes on the floor, which was damp, because mine was not the first shower. Really, it felt a bit like Fawlty Towers!
But the worst was the horrible banging of the pipes that started about 7am. Since we were on vacation, and this was a Saturday morning, it was a hard wake-up call. It sounded a bit like a jackhammer and went on for at least a half hour. I’m guessing this is just a plumbing issue with an old building, but next time I may look for a newer one…
Still, we were able to cook in the kitchen, the real bed was comfy and the bathroom was surprisingly well organized considering it was so small. So I could stay there again, but I will probably look around some more and see what’s available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Downtown offers a Montreal hotel in the heart of downtown Montreal boasting suites that offer fully equipped kitchens and guests enjoy a complimentary daily buffet breakfast, wireless high speed internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott - Montreal Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott - Montreal Downtown Hotel Montreal
- Residence Inn Montreal Downtown
- Montreal Marriott
- Montreal Residence Inn