“We keep coming back year after year” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau de l'Argoat

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montreal
Chateau de l'Argoat
Save Saved
You added Chateau de l'Argoat to your Saves list
524 Rue Sherbrooke Est, Montreal, Quebec H2L 1K1, Canada   |
Ranked #22 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
GreenLeadersBronze level
brooklyn, ny
“We keep coming back year after year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2007

I've been coming here since around 1990 (17 years) and there's a reason for it, and our most recent visit (5 days for the Jazzfest around July 4th) was no different. I came here alone when I was single, my husband and I stayed here together and we recently went with our toddler, and our experience has always been good there. I will say, it's less a family oriented hotel (that is, less oriented toward small children) than some hotels, e.g., there's no elevator and it's got a quiet elegant European feel (not stuffy, just nice and relatively quiet - so the reason I say it's less family oriented is a compliment to the hotel, and one reason my husband and I loved coming here as a couple, it's fairly romantic), but the staff was wonderfully helpful (set up a portable crib and we didn't even ask for one, had driven up with our own), helped us find a babysitter for one night out (she was lovely and very competent) and patient with our sometimes-loud toddler. Given the US-Cnd exchange rate now the price for some of the rooms is less of a bargain, but that's a Canada-wide problem, not specific to this hotel. Overall, my experience at this hotel has been consistently good for many years, including last week.

Stayed July 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2007

My first visit here, although my fiancee has stayed at this property 7 times prior. Very clean rooms, very helpful staff. Close to Metro. Walking to attractions, restaurants not a problem. Ask for a room in the back if you think traffic noises would be a problem (we had one in the back and it was very quiet).

I'll stay there again on my next visit.

• Liked — clean and quiet
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2007

For the first time ever during my travels have I experienced such wonderful hospitality during a hotel stay. The entire staff was consistently helpful, pleasant, and extremely knowledgeable of the area. The property is immaculate - it would pass a white gloves test; didn't see or feel a speck of dust anywhere. We stayed in room 15 - great room with a huge, sunny bathroom and an extra room with a daybed. Our mornings couldn't have began any brighter in the cozy breakfast area where you can choose from an assortment of fresh pastries, teas, coffee, and juice. We only stayed three days, but would love to visit Montreal again and will most definitely stay at the Chateau de l'Argoat!

P.S. The Latin quarter is just a block away and for a great deal on a late breakfast, lunch or just a snack, try the Cafe Expresso on the corner of St. Denis and Ontario.

• Liked — The staff-consistent in assuring that your stay is comfortable
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
new york, new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2007

We had an excellent experience at this hotel! The staff is so helpful, and the hotel and rooms are clean. It's also a great value! Highly recommended!

• Liked — the friendly, helpful staff
  • Disliked — the beds were firmer than I would have liked
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto,Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2007

Stayed here for a wonderful long weekend and could have not been more impressed. room was spacious and clean....nice to feel "at home" instead of in that sterile hotel atmosphere. staff were amazing....very hospitable and friendly. the location is about as central to everything as you can get....we walked everywhere....but if you need, the metro is right across the street.. tons of restaurants, clubs and shopping nearby on St.Laurent and St. Denis. We will definitely be returning to the Chateau de L'Arogoat the next time we are in Montreal... and will be spreading the word about this fantastic place.

• Liked — Location , room with whirlpool and fantastic staff
  • Disliked — That we had to check out
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2007

This hotel is absolutely charming and gives you a lovely and warm european feel. The rooms are small but nicely decorated to the match this charming hotel.

Had room #31 with the hot tub, it was very nice. The hotel is quiet and conveniently located to many nice restaurants on St. Denis and St. laurent.

The bistro style room where they have continental breakfast is so nice.

Staff very accomodating.

Stayed July 2007
Edmonton,AB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2007

This was my first time using trip advisor as a reference. I chose this hotel because it was the least expensive, highest rated hotel. My boyfriend and I had room 31. It had a large bath/whirlpool and a separate shower. The room seemed old, but that just added to its charm. The bed was very comfortable and they provided local lavender bar soap as well as unlabbed but nice smelling liquid soaps. The man at the counter was polite enough and when we walked in with a bottle of wine he offered us wine glasses and a cork screw. The bed was very
soft and comfortable. They also offer free internet near the lobby.

In the morning we sat down for breakfast and they brought out warm bagels (delicious!) and warm croissants. We were right across the street from the sherbrooke metro and bought a museum pass as well as a metro pass for 3 days for a total of $45 each.

The chateau is only 2 blocks from St Denis street and about 4 blocks from St Laurant street....both are lively streets with lots of restaurants and bars. I would highly recommend this hotel, the staff really try their best to please their customers!

• Liked — The price and location
  • Disliked — The TV was small
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Chateau de l'Argoat? Share your experiences!