“Beautiful place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St. Patrick's Basilica

St. Patrick's Basilica
454 Rene-Levesque Blvd W, Montreal, Quebec H2Z 1A7, Canada (Ville-Marie)
514 866 7379
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 202 Attractions in Montreal
Type: Religious Sites, Cultural
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: This 19th-century church has a collection of interesting mosaics on its ceiling.
Toronto, Canada
29 attraction reviews
“Beautiful place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

It's a smaller basilica compared to the more popular Notre Dame one but nonetheless, the architecture inside is worth checking out. We were lucky enough to go at a time no one was inside the church so we got to take our time admiring the stain glass and the design. They even had pamphlets to describe the architecture and its history for tourists!

Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
South Burlington, Vermont
“Lovely church.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

My fathers family were Irish from Montreal; he was born there, so this is a little bit of history for me. I love visiting churches in cities all over the world, but this was kind of special if is part of your heritage.

Visited June 2013
Burlington, Vermont
29 attraction reviews
“Love the interior, the stained glass”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Some fairly recent renovations. I love ducking into urban churches as my Dad used to do with me in NYC when I was young. I attended a very moving funeral for a public figure here, and now stop back whenever I'm strolling that neighborhood. Nice place for a prayer or reflection break.

Visited August 2013
Manassas, Virginia
10 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Church”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We attended Mass on Saturday evening (5 pm service) and it was a very nice experience. The church has beautiful architecture and decoration and the angels above the altar area were mesmerizing! We were personally greeted after Mass by the deacon and priest and they were friendly and sincerely happy we chose to attend their church. Very welcoming and great for English speaking travelers!

Visited February 2014
Detroit, Michigan
24 attraction reviews
“English Mass!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

It can be difficult to find an English language Mass in Montreal, but there is here because it is an Irish parish. The inside is very beautiful. Everything is very detailed wood working. It is a great little community.

Visited March 2014

Been to St. Patrick's Basilica? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage St. Patrick's Basilica, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.