“worth giving a try” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kazu

Kazu
1862 Saint Catherine w, Montreal, Quebec, Canada (Centre-Ville (Downtown))
514-937-2333
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Montreal, Canada
“worth giving a try”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

the line is super long, when we arrive there. after 30mins waiting under the sun!!!my friend and me decide just try one time this time.

we order 4 appetizers, they are all so good. my friend and i decide go back again definetly, but next time we will choose a cloudy day. lol

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

USA
“Magnificent and affordable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I journeyed to this hole in the wall, locating it by the line outside at 6pm on a Friday evening. As I walked up, I spotted a sign in the window requesting that we pay in cash or Canadian debit cards only, so I had to forfeit my space in line to go get some cash. Though back in 10 mins, the line had doubled. Yet, based on the other Trip advisor reviews, I stuck it out, and boy am I glad I did!

I was admitted within 40mins and was given a seat at the bar. Other people had called ahead and ordered take-out, so that is an option if you hate lines/waiting. I had the Japanese ravioli (pork potsticker), beef kalbi, and a yuzu with sake. The main course was ready before the appetizer was, and I would say about 5 mins for everything to be cooked on the grill/stove. Everything tasted wonderful! Another single diner beside me ordered using the hand written menu options as papers on the wall and had a beautifully arranged lobster dish.

Though crowded, I received fabulous service with warm and friendly smiles and recommendations given by both the waitress and the chefs. I highly recommend it.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Authentic Izakaya!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

My wife became a big fan of Izakaya since she travels quite often to Tokyo for business. In turn, she has made me and our two kids fans as well. During a quick family trip through Montreal, we found this tiny yet highly efficient place to be absolutely wonderful. A true gem, and worth any long wait for a table. Just be sure to get there early enough so you don't get turned away. Not to be missed!

“Wonderfull taste of Japan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Excellent moment spent is this small restaurant...food is amazing and taste really Japanese. Service is great. Worth the waiting outside.

Kew Gardens, New York
“Proper food and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

48 hour pork bowl is the special, shrimp burger and black tea ice cream.
Make it a point to visit in Montreal, they don't charge enough!